NO! Women in bands.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:uhoh: I do not mean to upset No Doubt/Stefani fans at all.

But speaking of vamped up, what about The Divinyls or The Eurythmics?

Can we call this case closed yet?
:wink:

Angela Harlem said:
:uhoh: I do not mean to upset No Doubt/Stefani fans at all.

But speaking of vamped up, what about The Divinyls or The Eurythmics?

Can we call this case closed yet?
:wink:

I said both The Divinyls and The Eurythmics. :angry:

I did neglect The Eurogliders though.

Ace#1 said:
Hi, I'm threatened by women and can only like bands if it's full of hot manly guys!!!!!

:drool: :love: :happy:

Hey! An honest post! :wink:

Sorry if these have been mentioned in the thread already as I didn't read all of it:

The Cardigans

ABBA

Basically, the premise of the OP is wrong.

Oh God! Can't believe I read through all the pages of this unbelievable thread. If there ever was an invitation to be totally disliked on a message board, this is it.

My 2 cents:

The Cranberries
The Pretenders
Blondie
Heart
The Corrs
Hole
Smashing Pumpkins
New Order
Abba

Artists:
Tori Amos :up:
Sarah McLachlan
Alanis Morrissette
Sheryl Crow
& on and on

If we're including solo females here are a few more:

Fiona Apple

Kristin Hersch

Kate Bush

Sinead O'Connor (the music, not her 'thoughts' on religion!)

I think Boystupidboy has enough to be getting on with for the moment

I certainly hope this is just a lame attempt at trolling. If it isn't, I'm going to have to seriously consider sending Joan Jett, Chrissie Hynde and P.J. Harvey over to boystupidboy's house so they can kick his ass. :wink:

Bono's shades said:
If it isn't, I'm going to have to seriously consider sending Joan Jett, Chrissie Hynde and P.J. Harvey over to boystupidboy's house so they can kick his ass. :wink:

:lol: Don't give a damn 'bout my reputation!!! :rockon:

ILuvLarryMullen said:

At your service :wink:.

boySTUPIDboy.......fuck off.

Who are you to decide what women should and shouldn't do? You'll "allow" them to be solo!?!?! Well isn't that cute. I feel sorry for whatever woman ends up with you (assuming you can get one) because you obviously have NO respect for women. Also you obviously don't know shit about music if you've never heard of any of those bands that people listed. I'm sorry if a woman playing a guitar doesn't "look right" to you but: 1) music isn't about how things look, the gender of the person doesn't affect the sound of the guitar. 2) you're a dick. 3) it's nice that you dismiss people so easily, you must be very closed minded and insecure in your own sexuality/manhood. What are you going to start next? A thread about how you have no respect for bands with black members because you don't think it "looks right"? I'm not saying that you are a racist i have no idea whether you are or not, but I use it because it would be an equally stupid and offensive thing to say. 4) you're a dick.

:lmao: :applaud:

:angry: @ this thread

i don't think i've seen any of these ladies mentioned yet, but these are some of my favorites...

natalie merchant
venus hum
nina simone
tracy chapman
tracy bonham
suzanne vega

Well, at least we are coming up with a great list of women who rock! :rockon:

Did anyone mention Tina Weymouth from the Talking Heads yet? I love her!

:ohmy: how could i also forget siouxsie sioux of siouxsie and the banshees. i don't think she was mentioned yet either.

Zootlesque said:

I can't get enough of 'Kiss Them For Me'.

i haven't heard that song in forever :drool:

i wish i had that album on cd...maybe i'll go get it this weekend after i get paid...along with about 5 other cds i want :laugh:

although i need to save money for U2 in chicago :hmm:

ooh ooh another all girl band...cibo matto :drool:
although i don't like their latest album, their earlier stuff is awesome :up:

another stupid thread.

am i reading this wrong, or did the original poster not bash women in music?

??

Zoomerang96 said:
another stupid thread.

am i reading this wrong, or did the original poster not bash women in music?

??
I did not bash women in music..only women in groups/bands.A woman giving it 'large' moshing with a guitar in hand looks...well kinda crap....sorry but thats my opinion.I have nothing against women who go solo,thats ok to me,but in a band situation NO!
Here are several of my picks on the female front..
Madonna 15 years ago(shes looking a bit rough now)
Shania Twain
Shania Twain
Shania Twain:heart:

To recieve all the bile and hate that i have had coming my way seems a bit OTT.Telling me to fuck off is not really very nice and i would'nt say it to anyone else just because they had a different opinion :huh: Its not big and its not clever.

Yet, is it at all credible to denounce the music of women who are in bands... only to follow up with your list of female artists that give you an erection?

If it were a musical erection, you might have some grounding.

Otherwise, you've branded and generalized the idea of female performers in a rock/pop group setting as something of no merit without sufficiently exploring the field of artists out there, which you've made quite obvious with your flippant ignorance towards bands you've never heard of. Apparently your image of the all-holy machismo of rock music is too far gone to recover respect.

This is not a difference of opinion. This is your loss as a music fan.

boystupidboy said:
Its not big and its not clever.

What makes you think that I was trying to be clever? I was obviously trying to be mean.

woman giving it 'large' moshing with a guitar in hand looks...well kinda crap....sorry but thats my opinion.I have nothing against women who go solo,thats ok to me,but in a band situation NO!

Saying this is "not very nice" either. Sure you can have whatever opinion you want to have, and I can have the opinion that your opinion is stupid. Switch the word black with woman, would that opinion be okay with you? Would you say nothing? People would flip their lid if someone said that and the thread would probably be closed, but if someone does the same towards women apparently it's OKAY.

Shania Twain :heart:

This alone means I win the argument :wink:

Pinball Wizard said:
Yet, is it at all credible to denounce the music of women who are in bands... only to follow up with your list of female artists that give you an erection?

If it were a musical erection, you might have some grounding.

Otherwise, you've branded and generalized the idea of female performers in a rock/pop group setting as something of no merit without sufficiently exploring the field of artists out there, which you've made quite obvious with your flippant ignorance towards bands you've never heard of. Apparently your image of the all-holy machismo of rock music is too far gone to recover respect.

This is not a difference of opinion. This is your loss as a music fan.

Silly cujo women's main value is their appearance, duh!

P.S. How's it going? Long time no see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom