No sleep club.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I barely slept for the first two weeks of May. I know it was because I was worried about my Dad and some other crap that was going on.

Thankfully all is much better now, and I've been able to get about 6-7 hours for a few nights in a row. Still not as much as I would like, but certainly much better than the 2-3 that I was getting for a while. :)

I've been sick... some sort of flu or something... so I think the meds are knocking me out at night so I am finally getting some sleep. I'm sure once I'm better I'll be back to my normal non ability to sleep! :huh:

VertigoGal said:

anyone know of any sleeping pills...that aren't addictive?

Be careful with sleeping pills, I took one little Ambien last week because I hadn’t slept well all week. When they say to only take it when you have eight hours to devote to sleep before becoming active again, they trust them! Somehow I managed to get up turn off my alarm, turn it back on and sleep for 2.5 more hours, and not remember any of it. What I want to know is how the heck would I know at 11pm if I’m not going to be able to sleep that night or not? By the time it becomes clear that I won’t be sleeping on a given night its too late to take the damn drugs.

It might have had something to do with the pills being expired regardless it sufficiently freaked me out that I have been setting two alarms each morning since than.

I've had a good few sleepless nights but thankfully, the last 2 or 3 have been fairly good :happy:

I normally try to have a drink that's sleep inducing and listening to the radio helps me think about something away from my own situation!:wink:

VertigoGal said:
i really wish i could sleep. :|

anyone know of any sleeping pills...that aren't addictive?

only problem is i havent got 8 full hours to sleep. unless i went to bed reeeeeeeally early.

I have taken Melatonin which is natural and helps relax you to sleep. I buy the mint flavored chewtabs at Trader Joe's. One or 2 of those and about 30 mins later I'm sleepy. They work for travelling, like if you can't normally sleep on a plane but are on a long flight, etc.

I've taken Ambien before and it scares me cuz it makes me feel groggy the next day like I still want to sleep. I have insomnia real bad but have slept ok this week for some odd reason. I do wake up several times a night but my real problem is waking up in the morning. I have been late for work sooooo many times cuz I've slept thru alarms or turned them off and gone back to sleep. I now have several alarms set, and I get everything ready the night before like my shower, clothes, make my lunch etc in case I need to get our of the house REAL fast!

pattip2000 said:
What I want to know is how the heck would I know at 11pm if I’m not going to be able to sleep that night or not? By the time it becomes clear that I won’t be sleeping on a given night its too late to take the damn drugs.

exactly :mad:

thanks for the advice both of you...the melatonin sounds interesting, I'll consider it. :hmm:

I mean I've taken Benadryl but that takes a while to make me feel sleepy and then I feel sort of groggy the next day (esp if it's only 3 hours later)..not too bad though.

I'm so glad I'm still in school though, because now we're on summer break and it's amazing. Not that I can go to bed any earlier, but I can sleep in for the moment. Hopefully when I start my summer job I'll be working afternoon-night hours, not morning. :crack:

christ I could use some melatonin right about now. bleh. it's not that I'm doing anything in particular tomorrow, but it'd be nice to get to sleep at a decent hour so I don't waste another day tomorrow.

i mean it's almost 4 am and I can hardly close my eyes and either way I can't stop thinking, bad habit, so it's sort of pointless. :crack:

no one else in the no sleep club tonight??

Took me ages to get to sleep again lastnight :( So i'm seriously hoping&praying it doesn't happen again soon when i go to bed :|

I would just like to announce that it is 10:45 and I am going to bed! I’m am sooooooo tired, please wish me luck and think sleepy thoughts for me (if this doesn’t work out you know I’ll be back :wave: )

Sometimes i don't even bother going to bed, i just wait 'till is time to go do stuff and when i come back home if i'm tired enough i take a little nap in the afternoon, if not i try to sleep that night. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...

Well, anyway it's 4:08am and no sign of sleep... :sigh:

Last edited:
hmm I should go turn on the TV maybe. couple nights ago I did that, watched a show on the meth crisis in smalltown America. then this show called Intervention that was on this guy from that band Three Dog Night's son, who was all messed up on heroin. I can't remember how it ended though which sucks cos now I don't know if his Intervention worked. which is a bummer. I wonder what channel it was on, the addiction channel or something?

blah blah I get talkative at 4:30 in the morning.

here I'm just listening to some music, downloading free podcasts and stuff, trying to get started on some summer assignments...I should really go turn on the TV

:p

not to mention...this computer screen, specifically the bright blue crack, is giving me a serious headache. and I know if I try to stare at the TV or god forbid a book it'll be the same.

I should try to go to sleep except I can't sleep, and anyway you can't sleep when you have a headache.

I dunno what to do with myself. :crack:

*crickets*

I'm seriously considering not going to sleep. I mean there's some tennis that comes on in less than an hour at 6 that I really want to catch.

The only reason I wish I could sleep is that I'm hungry and when I'm asleep I don't want to eat. :slant:

well I've post-whored enough in this thread, I'll try not to post anymore tonight :p

edit: ok everybody (aka nobody), I have the bestest plan! I'm gonna find this Harry Potter book in french that I was given. me trying to read a novel in french...I'll be sleepy in no time! well I'm off to celebrate my genious so...:dance:

Last edited:
The Intervention show is on the A&E Channel (# 46 here where i live). I've seen it a few times and i wasn't really impressed with it... :yawn:

Back
Top Bottom