No sleep club.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I finally fell asleep last night, listening to my iPod with the earbuds. I woke up late and did the mad dash to work, Late again, as usual. Oh well. :|

I will go home and do it all over again. :huh:

:ohmy: Wow! I haven't even noticed this thread before now!

I've had quite a few nights recently when i haven't been able to get to sleep :huh: there was one morning when i lay awake for 3 hours tossing&turning 'til like 4 am, so i got up and made a hot chocolate, which helped :wink: i should have got up sooner! :coocoo:

So last night I went to bed at 12:30am....I was tired but once the head hit the pillow I was wide awake. Dammit! I tried to go to sleep but nothing helped. I was watching the Discovery Channel at 3am. It was very hard to get up to make it to work on time this morning!

That always happens to me Carek about as soon as my head hits the pillow, at times then i'm awake again :banghead: :scream:

10 am.... so should I even bother with a couple hours of sleep? :huh:

10 am?! :shocked: I wouldn't bother with sleeping at that point :wink:

Somehow I'm just seeing this thread... normally I'd say I should be the president of this club or something; however, I've been going to sleep around 11:30 for the past week! I've actually been getting sleepy at night. This is a major breakthrough, because I'm usually awake until 3-4 in the morning.

What happened is after I stayed awake for 2 days without sleep, I then slept for 8 hours the next night--I did NOT allow myself to crash for 14+ hours b/c then you get all off schedule again. It's also been helping to bring the laptop into my bedroom and surf the net in bed for a while--I've been passing out that way. Really what happens is I get pissed off with the laptop b/c it sucks and the browser starts blinking and will not connect to a site so I just turn the blasted thing off and go to sleep :mad:

This normal schedule is bound to be short lived though; insomnia is in my blood.

Achtung_Bebe said:
10 am?! :shocked: I wouldn't bother with sleeping at that point :wink:

I ended up taking about an hour and a half nap then took the cat to the vet. Planning to get to bed at a decent hour -- no later than 2 am -- tonight and then keep up the better hours. I haven't been getting to bed until 5 - 7 am lately, and it's just killing off my day.

Am I President of the No Sleep club yet?

Last time I was asleep was sometime Thurday Night, its now 10:30AM on Saturday.

I've been up an awful long time....:drunk:

Zootlesque said:
Run to the bedroom and in the suitcase on the left you'll find my favorite axe!!!!!!!!

:yikes:

How could you go? :sad: When you know how I need you...to beat to a pulp on a Saturday night, oh baaaaaaaaabe! :sad:

Uh. Yes, I never get any sleep either. I'm amazed I can even stand up without falling over.

I took 2 Tylenol PM an hour ago hoping it will help rid the headache that was hovering and make me sleepy.....well, headache's gone but here I am typing away, WIDE AWAKE I'M NOT SLEEPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

this is probably one of the greatest clubs I've ever joined in my entire life.

it's reassuring to know that everyone else has a tough time sleeping :wink:
I sleep around 3-4 hours a night, sometimes just end up pulling allnighters and going to school with a very "drunk" personality. anyone else end up acting all crazy when under the combination of the blue crack + no sleep?? :|

(fortunately today is Saturday, so I got to toss in a few more hours of sleep :happy: )

^ blue crack always leaves me thinking... I dunno, it's liek a beautiful sensation cos here there's people of all over the world talking together, :lol: I know it sounds weird but it's fantastic.

And no sleeping?? Well, when I'm sleepy I look like I'm drunk and I act like I'm drunk. Several times people at parties asked me: "are you drunk?" And I was like "no, no, I'm sleepy" Funniest thing is lots of them surely didn't believe me :laugh:

No need to apply, just jump right in, the more the merrier! And here I am yet again. Slept the day away (I'd get up, do a few things, let the dog out, read for a bit, go back to sleep and this continued till 5:30pm) so now I've watched TV, and I am WIDE AWAKE again. I should go grocery shopping. Don't need to clean house. Can't do laundry cuz there's no light on the side of my house where my W/D is. :hmm: What to do, what to do.....

Ahh, the no sleep club! Sign me up. I haven't been sleeping very well / very much for years now. :yawn: I'm such a night owl that it's so hard for me to go to bed at a decent time. I know that I have to get up early for work, but I can never go to sleep earlier than midnight.

I'm not a morning person, so mornings are always rough. I'm such a bitch if I don't have coffee, or if you're talking to me before the coffee has had time to kick in. :lol: Mondays are the worst.

Glad to see I'm not alone! :)

I didn't get to bed until 7 am last night :yawn: I'm about to go crawl back under the covers and finish where I left off...still sleepy.

ThoraSEB said:
I'm not a morning person, so mornings are always rough. I'm such a bitch if I don't have coffee, or if you're talking to me before the coffee has had time to kick in. :lol:

I'll volunteer to be the official No Sleep Club barista :happy:

I've had 5 years experience, I am qualified!

Coffee: It's serious business

Seems like Tuesday nights are the nights I can't or don't get to sleep at all. Maybe it has something to do with my work day on Wednesdays. For the most part it]s my most stressful day.

:wave: can someone send me a membership package?
I need desperately to join this club

I sometimes start to fall asleep whilst watching tv. then when i decide to go to bed i can't get to sleep. :crack:

i can't believe i haven't joined this club before now.

youtooellen said:

it's reassuring to know that everyone else has a tough time sleeping :wink:
I sleep around 3-4 hours a night, sometimes just end up pulling allnighters and going to school with a very "drunk" personality. anyone else end up acting all crazy when under the combination of the blue crack + no sleep?? :|

that pretty much describes me. (no surprise there heh)

i hate the time when i'm lying in bed and can't fall asleep so i usually try to avoid/put off the whole thing as long as possible.

That seems to be the case with a lot of people i've spoke to about trying to get to sleep wayne! :huh:

Last night I had too much to drink, and ended up going to bed at about 1am. Woke up at 2am and tossed and turned until probably 3am. Got up for good at 6:30. Ugh. :yawn:

Back
Top Bottom