No sleep club.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did the reading thing last night...and while I didnt fall straight asleep, it didnt take the usual 3 hours which was great.
And I'm up before 11am!

Ahhh, why sleep when you can play a game of Yahoo! Chess with a friend, sip hot chocolate and surf Interference!

I have a 19 year old nephew who keeps missing college because he can't get up because he stays up all night. He says he can't sleep, but he sleeps fine until 2 PM. My theory is that with the internet, people are staying up later and later so their body clocks get off and they can't sleep at the 'right' time. In the old days, when most TV channels went off the air at midnight and there was no internet, there was no need to stay up, so this didn't happen. It's a phenom of the 21st century especially among the young generation.

^I think you are right. I admit I am addicted and it never ceases to amaze me how quickly time flies while surfing the net or chatting with someone online.

:wave: Tiny Dancer! I was up till 2am Pacific time! Hope you made it in to work ok! Cya later!

It's 6pm and I just napped for two and a half hours. I'm never getting to sleep now. :yawn:

I don't think I've slept for more than 20 hours this week. I love it when finals coincide with Christmas dance recitals!

Ugh, this is a club I think I need membership in (though it's not always merely my own problem, not being able to sleep). I've been having a hellish time getting to sleep lately. I've got 3 classes, an interview, and a paper to do some revisions on today, so I went to bed around midnight. 12:15, the roommate comes in to take a shower. 12:45, out of the shower, rumaging around the room with the hall light on=me wide awake. 1:00, roommate leaves. I'm still wide awake, looking over to the clock every few minutes. I think I finally fell asleep around 2:00....2:50, roommate comes back in with boyfriend, turning on hall lights so she can clear off her bed (she doesn't spend the night here very often). So I'm once again, WIDE AWAKE and now LIVID! 3:20, boyfriend is asleep and SNORING, which means very little sleep for me. Approx. 4:15, I have a vivid dream that they have left the room, and in a fit of excitement, I peek over the side of the bed. No such luck, still there, but the excitement of the prospect has gotten me totally awake, once again. 5:00-ish, finally fall back asleep. 7:30, alarm goes off.

This has been happening way too much lately. And now, I even have trouble sleeping when they aren't here, because every time a door in the hall opens, I think it's going to be them and I shoot up in bed. They've seriously fucked me up...and I hate them for it!!! :mad: Whatever, at least she's moving out for next semester. *fingers crossed* for a quasi-respectful roommate! It's my last friggin' semester and after a string of crazies (a nympho, a pathelogical liar, a fruitarian, a stoner, a germaphobe, a STRIPPER, and now this gem) I just want a quiet, boring roommate. Just for one lousy semester! PLEASE!!!

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
just a little pinprick

AAARGH!

If you don't east your meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING if you don't eat your meat?

(Retires from overdose of The Wall)

Back
Top Bottom