No Pudding For You!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
[q]Worker Fired for Selling Queen's Pudding on EBay

Fri Dec 17,10:13 AM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - A worker at Britain's Buckingham Palace has been sacked for trying to sell a Christmas pudding gift from Queen Elizabeth on an Internet auction site.

Ben Church, 25, who worked as a property administrator at the palace, was dismissed after royal officials learned he had put the pudding from luxury food store Fortnum & Mason for sale on eBay, the Daily Mirror reported Friday.

A palace spokeswoman confirmed that an employee had faced disciplinary action over a Christmas pudding.

"Someone was dismissed but we are not giving out further details," she said, adding it was a tradition of the queen to give every member of staff a pudding as a Christmas present.

The Mirror said the 6.25 pound ($12.18) pudding, which went on sale for 20 pounds, was a spare as Church had not been given one himself as he had not worked at the palace long enough.

An unnamed source told the paper Church had been sacked for committing a "security breach."

"It's really mean and petty to sack him so close to Christmas, all for the sake of a pudding," the source said. [/q]

damn!

How embarrassing to have to admit at a job inteview the reason he was fired from his last job was because he filched the Queen's pudding. :ohmy: It kinda sounds perverted.

Like U2 got mad when Lola Cashman tried to sell personal gifts from them at auction.

is it just me or does anybody else feel this way. Instead of a pudding ( which I hear is the generic British term for dessert, though I could be wrong) wouldn't her employees enjoy oh say a bonus in their paychecks more?

I mean c'mon she's one of the richest people in the world, give a little sheeeesh

BILLCOSBY.JPG

Back
Top Bottom