No-one gives a shit about music here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
No-one gives a shit about music here, apart from about 5 people.

Am I wrong? Prove to me I'm wrong (without using Bible quotes).

:lmao:

Yes you are wrong. I love music but my accounting skills leave me wanting in the musical description area.

I know what I like but Im not very good at describing it.

No (don't take things personally), it's because I get the impression a lot of people on here don't actually like music much, apart from U2.

Theres a number of U2 fanatics on here but theres also a number of people that ike more than just u2.

I missed the favourite album poll that Elvis Presley ran but reading the results show that people have bought other albums this year.

but yeah there are a number of U2 fruitcakes on this site ......

I like u2's music and liking their music actually opened me up to liking a whole range of music - like beli - I know what I like I just can't really describe it

I like all genres of music....not rap or metal, but pretty much everything else.

(and by that I don't mean just the latest new wave/punk/I'm on the cover of teen magazine/I can't play my instrument or write songs but act cool/ bands.)

But who? What? Give me some hints here guys, not just genres. Give me some pointers.

you know, there are tons of threads in this forum that show people's music tastes. there's not a thread here about U2. hell, just the other day i started a thread about inxs.

I see you're relatively new here, man. The entire Bang and Clatter forum is dedicated to non-U2 musical discussion. We all discuss bands all day every day.

What gives you the idea that we don't love music. I'm a music fanatic - as are a huge percentage of us. Don't assume until you are sure of this. Bang and Clatter is awfully popular and busy for a bunch of people (I believe you named 5??) who don't give a shit about music.

What kind of proof are you looking for? Bands we like? Pointers for good CDs for you to check out?

Let's talk about his favorite bands for a moment (stone roses, echo and the bunnymen, depeche mode, bob dylan, rem, manic street preachers) so that he feels he knows us a bit better. :shrug:

I dunno. I mean, the shoegazer thread is pretty chockful of musical discussion, as are any thread in here. I just don't get it. :confused:

off the top of my head - new bands...
The Killers
Razorlight
Kasabian
Green Day
Interpol
Straylight Run
Story of the year
The Shins
the list goes on and on........

right on! :up:

I've been dying to get The Shins' Oh Inverted World but have been too busy to run by Borders. Same with the Futureheads and Rilo Kiley.

HelloAngel said:
Let's talk about his favorite bands for a moment (stone roses, echo and the bunnymen, depeche mode, bob dylan, rem, manic street preachers) so that he feels he knows us a bit better. :shrug:

I dunno. I mean, the shoegazer thread is pretty chockful of musical discussion, as are any thread in here. I just don't get it. :confused:

Yeah, I know, I'm just a child (no-one tells me no.)

http://thetripwire.com
great source for new alternative music (plus they have u2 related news as well) - they publish a list every day that is emailed to you - you have to join but it is free

Carrie - grab the garden state soundtrack as well - excellent - plays like a really good mix

beli said:
I :love: Depeche. I nearly bought that live DVD (finally) yesterday but the ques were too long so I gave up :(

What's on the live DVD?

BTW, moderators, my comment was not about "the Bang and the Clatter", just about the way that discussions on politics, religion, etc, seem to get more attention on the forums in general than music. Sign of the times, I guess - in no way a criticism of the moderators.

financeguy said:

discussions on politics, religion, etc, seem to get more attention on the forums in general than music

Well, people have a tendency to like to beat a dead horse and then maul it + a catchphrase to stick.

If you wanna talk music, stick to this forum, it's pretty simple.

More for you:

Blessid Union of Soul
Lenny Kravitz older stuff
Pearl Jam
Allison Krause w/ Union Station
Seal
Am I annoying yet? This is sweet. I just pulled out a bunch of cd's i haven't heard in a while. Thanks for this thread!

p.s. Just put on "Pray Your Gods" mmm Thanks for the reminder.

financeguy said:

What's on the live DVD?

BTW, moderators, my comment was not about "the Bang and the Clatter", just about the way that discussions on politics, religion, etc, seem to get more attention on the forums in general than music. Sign of the times, I guess - in no way a criticism of the moderators.

No offense taken at all.

Just wouldn't want you to think none of us give a shit about music simply because people in Free Your Mind go at it like gangbusters and we prefer to be a bit more practical and civil in here with our discussions. We are all huge music buffs, and wouldn't want you to think otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom