No-one gives a shit about music here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
financeguy said:
BTW, moderators, my comment was not about "the Bang and the Clatter", just about the way that discussions on politics, religion, etc, seem to get more attention on the forums in general than music. Sign of the times, I guess - in no way a criticism of the moderators.
which is why i never go to free your mind :wink: :wave:

Its not a new DVD. Im just slow. lol

Depeche Mode - One Night in Paris (The Exciter Tour 2001) (2002)

# Director: Anton Corbijn
# DVD Release Date: May 28, 2002
# Run Time: 190
# DVD Features:

* Available subtitles: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese
* Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo)
* Disc 1 features the full two-hour "Exciter" show:
* Dream On (Guitar Intro), The Dead of Night, The Sweetest Condition, Halo, Walking in My Shoes, Dream On, When the Body Speaks, Waiting for the Night, It Doesn't Matter Two, Breathe, Freelove, Enjoy the Silence, I Feel You, In Your Room, It's No Good, Personal Jesus, Home, Condemnation, Black Celebration, Never Let Me Down Again
* Disc 2 features extra bonus visuals, including:
* The Preparing: an 8-minute documentary about the show including an interview with Anton Corbijn, original set drawings, and footage of the set being built
* The Photographing: An Anton Corbijn stills gallery with audio commentary from Anton
* The Waiting: A short film of Paris fans talking about Depeche Mode
* The Talking: Band interviews conducted before the show
* The Screening: Five concert projection films with audio
* An extra live song, Sister of Night, not included in the main film
* The Choosing: Never Let Me Down Again (take control of three different camera angles)
* Number of discs: 2

# ASIN: B000067G37

Oh god I :heart: that Depeche DVD!!! When Martin Gore sings "Breathe" I just :combust: Such a beautiful film - and that tour was amazing! I wish Depeche were more active - they are so great.

financeguy said:

I only have Ten but keep meaning to listen to the rest of their stuff, never get round to it.

I'll admit right now I don't know much about their newer stuff. I know "Vs." is good Vitalogy is pretty good. I like Riot Act. Then again. Lost Dogs is good too. And that is newer. Meh, I just like music. :)

OK financeguy, spill all you know about some of my faves. If you know enough perhaps I may deign to discuss music with you. ;)

1) The Church
2) solo work by members of The Church
a) Steve Kilbey
b) Marty Willson-Piper
c) Peter Koppes
d) Tim Powles
3) Isidore
4) Jack Frost
5) Hex
6) The Refo:mation
7) Stephen Cummings
8) The Bhagavad Guitars
9) The Crystal Set
10) Art of Fighting
11) Gersey
12) Remy Zero
13) Sleepwell
14) Sea Ray
15) JLK
16) Fake
17) Warp Factor 9

Bonus points for info on Baby Grande and double bonus points for info on The Twillies.

Get to it, babe! :wink:

Bonus points? Haven't even got enough points to pass, looking at the above list! What kind of music do the Church play, I know you're into them?

looking at indra's list makes me feel like a loser for not knowing most of them.

my list:

1. duran duran
2. U2
3. japan
4. inxs
5. john taylor
6. arcadia/the power station/terroristen/neurotic outsiders
7. david sylvian
8. sting
9. the police
10. the cranberries
11. fleetwood mac
12. no doubt

that's all i can think of for now...

Oh yeah? Here's my list:
  • Wkjekjfkjdskjds Akjsdkjskjs
  • Slqoirio Fdslkds
  • AkOI
  • The Qlwdls
  • Jonathan Alqmfjkneskjnfnfewnjefwjnfeewnjjnjnkewj234324324knewjnkwejnfejnfewlo
  • Radiohead
WHATSA MATTER, TOO INDIE FOR YOU, BITCHES?

U2
Miles Davis
Led Zeppelin
J.S. Bach
Jimi Hendrix
Tori Amos
John Coltrane
Radiohead
Ludwig Van Beethoven
Pearl Jam
The Beatles
Bill Evans
Pat Metheny
Coldplay
Seal
Duke Ellington
Sting/The Police
Joni Mitchell
The Who
Chopin
Marvin Gaye
Charles Mingus

Lots of people round these parts have CD collections in the several hundreds. Mine is posted in my journal. Lots of Manic Street Preachers in there. :up:

And to whoever said God Bless The Shins, :up:

My music collection is swallowing up my entire bedroom. And this is my favorite forum at this place :up: I might check in on the U2-related forums once a week, and I take a quick peek at Interference everytime I check my email.

I'm personally insulted by the original post. Even though he or she has qualified the comment somewhat later on, it's still a stupid comment to make.

Music is subjective and for that reason I usually rarely make any comments on here about it, even U2's music. But since it's a U2 forum, with other U2 fans whose favourite band is U2, it's therefore U2's music we inevatibly talk about! So it was a really dumb thing to have said.

I have been a musician since the late 80s and quite eclectic in my music tastes. So I'm so sorry not to fall into you elite group of five.

ewen said:
I'm personally insulted by the original post. Even though he or she has qualified the comment somewhat later on, it's still a stupid comment to make.

It was just an attempt to generate discussion, I didn't mean to offend anyone.

financeguy said:

It was just an attempt to generate discussion, I didn't mean to offend anyone.

I know what you were going for - but to state that a group of music buffs don't give a shit about music isn't necessarily a good way to generate discussion. My advise is to simply start threads on bands/artists that you like to facilitate discussion instead if risking insult.

it is also the definition of trolling

if you go to a forum and state something you dont really believe, only to get people pissed and to start a controversy, that is what a troll does

it's like going to a u2 forum and saying u2 sucks

HelloAngel took the words out of my mouth (or away from my fingers? :confused: ). I was just about to say too, in reply to financeguy that this thread is no way an incentive for me to discuss music, all it does is make me defensinve and therefore it's more an incentive for an argument rather than music (IMO).

As HelloAngel says create a more constructive, positive thread. I will no way contradict myself by discussing music in this one.

financeguy said:
No-one gives a shit about music here, apart from about 5 people.

Am I wrong? Prove to me I'm wrong (without using Bible quotes).

you can fuck right off with this 'you're not proper music fans' bollocks. no offence intended, naturally.

how do you prove you give a shit about music anyway? number of cds owned? number of gigs attended? number of unsigned bands you like? number of times you've shared a spliff with the frontman of your favourite band?

how do you define it? i don't know. all i know is that there is no other art in the world which inspires me, comforts me, frightens me, entertains me as much as music. nothing else compares to the way a three minute pop song can convey love, hate, rage, frustration, inspiration and every other emotion in the world so perfectly. there's no feeling in the world like watching a great band live, squashed against the barrier, leaping up and down, crashing into people, screaming the words to your favourite songs, forgetting that your best friend hates you and you've got no money and just feeling alive in the truest sense of the word.

I actually thought the first post was a joke. Especially given the mention of bible quotes. I thought it was a piss take on this forum in general.

Or is my sense of humour way of beam?

Back
Top Bottom