No new radiohead album in 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POP-ROMANCER

War Child
Hey
I read on 'at ease' that radiohead won't release an album in 2006. So we have to wait another year untill the next album. Hopefully they put out an EP or something. I think this is very strange while they have written and recorded 26 - 30 songs.

I think it's awesome that they'll do a tour to try out the new stuff though. I'll see them in Philly on June 1.

I'll bet they do a lot of tweaking after the tour and the album turns out amazing :drool:

They need to see if the fans will like the songs before putting them on a record.

They're very concerned with what their fans think.

but there will be a shitload of bootlegs with the new songs by the time the summer's over. :drool:

martha said:
The single Radiohead boot I have was recorded (or burned) with the volume too low. I have to crank it to even hear it. :angry:

And Radiohead needs to be loud.

It's pretty easy to fix that. I could do it for you if you want.

:grumpy: on the news. But as they say, all good things...

MrBrau1 said:
They need to see if the fans will like the songs before putting them on a record.

They're very concerned with what their fans think.

Sometimes, I really wonder if that's true. The perfect next RH album would be if they created something that was a big F. you to their core fanbase's expectations. Otherwise, they might die of enslavement.

Layton said:

Sometimes, I really wonder if that's true. The perfect next RH album would be if they created something that was a big F. you to their core fanbase's expectations. Otherwise, they might die of enslavement.

From the recent NME Interview:

Colin Greenwood:
"The experience of touring 'Hail To The Thief' before its release was a positive one for Radiohead. As a result of the audience reaction some tracks were dropped while others became instant fan favourites. Thom hopes the British audiences will be as honest as possible this time too.

Thom Yorke:
"It's going to be hit and miss," he confessed. "sometimes the only way you can tell where you're at with stuff is to play it for people. We hope that people will tell us what they think. If they think it's shite then we need to know that as well, really."

it is at ease.

and according to at ease, tickets for both montreal shows sold out in minutes.

Tickets for the TWO Montreal concert at Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier sold out in only a few minutes. At one ticketmaster outlet only the first guy who went to the counter obtained a ticket (he was there since 6 am).
damn.

lmjhitman said:
it is at ease.

and according to at ease, tickets for both montreal shows sold out in minutes.

damn.

I was lucky enough to score some of these online... Floors too!

I had friends in the lineup for me... they said just the first person there got a ticket. The second guy (was there since 8AM) couldn't get any. He turned white.

MrBrau1 said:

From the recent NME Interview:

Colin Greenwood:
"The experience of touring 'Hail To The Thief' before its release was a positive one for Radiohead. As a result of the audience reaction some tracks were dropped while others became instant fan favourites. Thom hopes the British audiences will be as honest as possible this time too.

Thom Yorke:
"It's going to be hit and miss," he confessed. "sometimes the only way you can tell where you're at with stuff is to play it for people. We hope that people will tell us what they think. If they think it's shite then we need to know that as well, really."

Sad

Back
Top Bottom