No love for Primal Scream?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zooropean103

Refugee
I checked many pages and I can't believe there's even not one thread about the screams. Somebody's also a fan of this great experimental band? For me it's the most diverse band after U2, messing up with rock, blues, dance, house, electronica, country and I guess some other styles. Also they're brilliant live, try their Live in Japan CD. What makes them great for me is the trippy and sometimes psychodelic feel of their music (try Slip Inside This House or Burning Wheel). Most people see them only through their early nineties hit album Screamadelica and know just a couple of hits like loaded or moving on up (which are superb btw), but there's so much more interesting things to explore in their catalogue, especially the underrated albums like Vanishing Point, XTRMNTR and Evil Heat. Unfortunately Screams' latest album was pretty meh (country doesn't work for me at all) and I heard that their first DVD released few months ago was pretty much of a flop (can somebody confirm this? I'm still thinking about buying it), but let's hope their next album will be at least as good and innovative as Screamadelica or XTRMNTR. And if you don't know the screams yet, try Dirty Hits and Live in Japan CDs, probably the best albums to start with!

PRML SCRM FTW :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Last edited:
"Just what is it that you want?"

"We wanna be free. We wanna be free to do what we wanna do. And we wanna get loaded. And we wanna have a good time. That's what we're gonna do."

Saw them live back in 94, at The Stone Pony in Jersey. They were touring "Give Out, But Don't Give Up."

"Call On Me" is just every Friday nite and all that anticipation rolled into a pop song.:drool:

Denise Johnson stole the show.

i saw them when i completely and utterly drunk one night

a band that gets overlooked because there is so much other stuff out there

screamadelica = tops

xtrmntr, vanishing point = all good

not sure about riot city or give out but dont give up

give out but dont give up is a bit of a rattle and hum rip off album in my honest opinion

Screamadelica - One of the 90's best.

Vanishing Point - Interesting follow-up to the above.

Give Out But Don't Give Up - Way underrated. Despised because it was an odd career detour.

Early stuff is same-y and not all that original. Post-Vanishing Point, they lose me aside from some great singles.

Certainly worth a thread and Screamadelica is probably the album I've listened to the most in 2007.

MrBrau1 said:
Saw them live back in 94, at The Stone Pony in Jersey. They were touring "Give Out, But Don't Give Up."

"Call On Me" is just every Friday nite and all that anticipation rolled into a pop song.:drool:

Denise Johnson stole the show.

That's a great all-round album, that one. There's no bodgey tracks at all, from memory.

Back
Top Bottom