No Line On The Horizon, Just a CSGW Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Emma, Wayne did you buy Get on Your Boots as a single? Because it just became their worst charting single in the UK since Two Hearts :lol:

:lol: I know! It's so much easier and better to get tickets for some band that like a few thousand people care about...

:lol: I know! It's so much easier and better to get tickets for some band that like a few thousand people care about...

Maybe that's why U2 released Boots, scare away all the fans so we can buy tickets

I mean it's not like their label would be dumb enough to release that as a single...wait...:wink:

:yes: There's been a huge debate over whether or not U2 mastered parts of the album in lossy format on several torrent sites...they've been having trouble figuring out if the uploads are transcodes or just shitty mastering on U2's part. :lol:

:yes: There's been a huge debate over whether or not U2 mastered parts of the album in lossy format on several torrent sites...they've been having trouble figuring out if the uploads are transcodes or just shitty mastering on U2's part. :lol:

The mastering is actually pretty good on some tracks, on others it's just bad :lol:

The mixing on the album is good, mastering is the problem unlike Bomb which was just all crap

Yeah, what people have been seeing in the waveforms of the uploads is that most of the album is done well/okay, but NLOTH in particular looks to be mastered in lossy format. :down: What kind of professional group would let that happen? :lol:

Yeah, what people have been seeing in the waveforms of the uploads is that most of the album is done well/okay, but NLOTH in particular looks to be mastered in lossy format. :down: What kind of professional group would let that happen? :lol:

You've heard Bomb right? :wink:

did I ever show you my attempt at restoring dynamics to some songs on the Bomb?

:lol: Yes, and that's one of the reasons why it doesn't get played by me terribly often...or in a few years. :shifty:

Nope, you didn't. :hmm:

A few years :lol:

It was just me messing around with the volume levels at certain parts of the song because I can't do a proper remix because U2 haven't hired me :lol:

ReasonsIshoudproduceU2.jpg

That's how I changed Miracle Drug

Yeeaaahhh, let's just say that Bomb never was one of my favorites, and it certainly hasn't stood the test of time for me. :lol:

:up: Does it sound noticeably better?

Yeeaaahhh, let's just say that Bomb never was one of my favorites, and it certainly hasn't stood the test of time for me. :lol:

:up: Does it sound noticeably better?

Let's just say Edge's solo hits you like never before. That's why I did it, Edge's solo always felt like it should be big but it isn't, towards the end where the sound just jumps up is where Edge's solo is

My other mixes for that album where Native Son got Vertigo (Because I was bored, it sounds awkward and is mostly just Native Son with some random bits from Vertigo), Sometimes (Sped up), Love and Peace (And Bass Boast!) :wink:

This Irish all girl band who have slowly becoming more and more pop-punk

First they went on You're a Star (The Irish American Idol)
Now they're in the Eurovision (European-wide pop song contest)

Indie-cred :up:

:lmao: How does the indie scene over there take that? Here, that band would be banished to "sellout" status so quick their heads would spin. :lol:

:lol:

Ah, that's right, I forgot you guys liked Arcade Fire so much...that is so weird...

Intervention hit number 17 in the charts here :lol:

And Funeral charted for well over a year
And Neon Bible went double platinum

Along with a few sell out shows at 10,000 capacity venues with 50 euro ticket prices...Arcade Fire are kinda big :wink:

:lmao:

Damn, they were selling theatres when they were here last, I think. Maybe it was the Roy Wilkins Auditorium, which is around 4,000 capacity. :hmm:

:lmao:

Damn, they were selling theatres when they were here last, I think. Maybe it was the Roy Wilkins Auditorium, which is around 4,000 capacity. :hmm:

They came here first

Played a 1,500 venue, sold out in seconds
Played a second night sold out in seconds

Came back six months later
Plays 10,000 capacity venue, sold out in 4 minutes
Played second night, sold out in 6 minutes

Damn them being so mainstream they're worse than u2 :madwife:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom