Nirvana Boxed Set

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't have anything by Nirvana so I think I'll have to buy this one sooner or later. I bet it's going to be expensive though. :mad:

Last edited:
Only $60!? With the US dollar as worthless as it is, I might as well order it from the US. For the current rate, it's only around 45 euros!

Ah, on the internet they seem to be going between 50 and 60 euros. Still expensive, but thank gawd for the internet!

Yeah, me gonna buy. I'm surprised people haven't started the Nirvana-hating that goes on so much around here. I like them. I won't rush out to buy it, like I did with Johnny Cash's "Unearthed" :drool:... But I'll definitely be picking it up

I'm a big Nirvana fan, but a friend of mine is a huge one. He is going away for Thanksgiving and he won't be able to hear the box set that he preorded for about a week, so he is paying me to overnight it to him, so it's going to cost him in all about 80 bucks. I on the other hand will wait about two weeks and then have him burn all of it to a cd.

I think Cobain is overrated as hell, but the box set looks cool (much better than Courtney's stupid cash-in compilation). I love B-sides and demos, but I hate hunting down singles, so these sorts of deals give me warm feelings inside.

I like how it doesn't waste a disc with a "greatest hits"-type thing like Johnny Cash's Unearthed and a bunch of other rarities boxes do. Shit, guys, if I'm hardcore enough to drop the dough on outtakes and demos, I probably already have all the albums, 'kay?

Last edited:
I don't even care enough to have this argument for the bajillionth time. Breathe deep and count to five or something.

(Incidentally, did you see Rolling Stone's latest list, Top 5 People Who Aren't Kurt Cobain?:

1. Elvis Presley
2. Kurt Cobain
3. Paul McCartney
4. Jim Morrison
5. Chuck Berry

Force of habit, I guess.)

Last edited:
i love people who do that. it wasn't an argument. you made the statement. i asked you quite politely for an example.

plus, it's pretty uncool to tell me to breathe deep and count to five.

it was actually really rude.

I'm definately going to get it, even though I have most of the songs that come in this new box set. I started buying rare compilations and live recordings when I was 13 years old ( I'm 23 now) so that's a loooong time to get your hands on cool stuff. :wink:

I'm so tired of this Kurt Cobain is overrated crap. Ye, he died young at his own hands, but if he hadn't he'd still be relevant and he would probably be even bigger than he is now in death.

Fact is, he made music an entire generation grew up on and identified with, and for that alone he isn't overrated.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'm so tired of this Kurt Cobain is overrated crap. Ye, he died young at his own hands, but if he hadn't he'd still be relevant and he would probably be even bigger than he is now in death.

Fact is, he made music an entire generation grew up on and identified with, and for that alone he isn't overrated.

Fucking right, sister. In fact, it's really interesting. My Creative Writing/American Lit 2 professor, in his late 40s, thinks that Cobain was the equivalent of Kerouac to the 90s. Ja. :up:

And the fact that he wanted to work with Bono and Michael Stipe and take his music in other directions is really sad and just makes things more tragic. :sad:

Last edited:
bonosgirl84 said:
i asked you quite politely for an example.
And I gave you one (Cobain's position near the top of everyone's Top Anything, Ever lists), albeit snarkily.

And really, your tone is more "I want to get pissy and indignant over your offhand comment" than "let's have a calm, rational debate on the merits of Kurt Cobain," so chill out.

Last edited:
you know me very well for being such a complete stranger.

so, your example of kurt cobain being overrated was rolling stone's list.

ok.

bonosgirl84 said:
you know me very well for being such a complete stranger.
I don't see how me calling you pissy and indignant is worse than you calling me uncool and rude. Double-standard much?

I also don't see where I implied that I "knew" you. It's not like I'm reading your palm or anything.

Since I can't judge you by your words, what metric do you recommend? Hey, what's your sign?

Last edited:
i think nirvana is a OK band, but not great. and i think my opinion has a lot to do with overexposure. maybe if i had just quietly discovered them on my own i'd like them more, but as it is nirvana was kind of shoved down my throat, i think.

I bought it this morning and it is better than I expected

The DVD is really good especially Smells Like Teen Spirit and Jesus Doesn't Want me for a Sunbeam

I haven't listened to the whole box set but, Do Re Mi is really good

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom