Nirvana Boxed Set

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to be such a hardcore Nirvana fan so if this would've been released in my time I would've eaten it up. Now, I'm not into that kind of music as much.

Now, that I listen back to them with my musician's ears I realize that they were a good recorded band But live... whole different story. (except for their unplugged which was surreal). Live, the guitars sounded bland and it was all a big mess.

The band had a lot of passion and heart and that's what created the legend of Nirvana. He stood for so much and to many of the fans he was like "one of us who made it".

Oh well, whatever, Nevermind. :wink:

I'm listening to it streaming right now on Rhapsody. I'm glad they put it on there because I'm not a big enough Nirvana fan to go out and buy it, but I was curious to hear it. Ah, Rhapsody, the best $10 a month I have ever spent.

I'd have to disagree with you--I don't think the "Nirvana" disc that came out last year (?) is any worse than the boxed set. The ratio of unreleased material to stuff everyone has is probably just about the same as in the box set, and it puts together Nirvana's best stuff for people who don't have all 3 albums or think that many of the tracks on Nirvana's 3 studio albums suck (like most of the tracks on "Bleach" in my opinion).

Personally, although I love Nirvana, I'm going to pass on this one, because having heard the cacophony that is "Incesticide," I know that Nirvana B-sides & unreleased material are such for a very good reason.

typhoon said:
I think Cobain is overrated as hell, but the box set looks cool (much better than Courtney's stupid cash-in compilation). I love B-sides and demos, but I hate hunting down singles, so these sorts of deals give me warm feelings inside.

I like how it doesn't waste a disc with a "greatest hits"-type thing like Johnny Cash's Unearthed and a bunch of other rarities boxes do. Shit, guys, if I'm hardcore enough to drop the dough on outtakes and demos, I probably already have all the albums, 'kay?

tennispunk said:

Personally, although I love Nirvana, I'm going to pass on this one, because having heard the cacophony that is "Incesticide," I know that Nirvana B-sides & unreleased material are such for a very good reason.

Really? I tend to listen to "Incesticide" more than "Nevermind" and "Bleach" combined... But "In Utero" is uberbrilliant and head and shoulders above the rest.

I concur....I picked it up for a Christmas gift at Target for $28. I think it may have gone up since yesterday, though. Their sale prices run through Saturday...I think....

I just got it.

Let me get this straight: "Heartbreaker" with no "Living Loving Maid"? Is that even legal?

typhoon said:
I just got it.

Let me get this straight: "Heartbreaker" with no "Living Loving Maid"? Is that even legal?

no shit. The radio stations around here always do both, EXCEPT the fucking Clear Channel classic and modern station

Back
Top Bottom