Nirvana?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonaVox

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Nirvana box set

[color=royal blue]Does anyone have any definite information about this box set? It comes out next Tuesday I believe, and I can't find the track listing or any info on bonuses anywhere [/color]

Last edited:
I know the "Best Of" is coming out real soon, as is Kurt's journal book, but the Box Set hasn't been completely finished yet.. so I hear. :shrug:

O it's the best of that's coming out? I swear three different people have told me it's the box set :huh:

The box set has been in the works forever it seems, and I think it's a matter of all necessary clearances being culled.

The 14-song "best of" is coming very soon.

Courtney Love said on Howard Stern a few weeks ago that Best of was due out soon, and Box Set was shooting for pre-Christmas release.

Yeah, I read some of the excerpts. Kurt was a good guy in a lot of really bad situations, and made some bad choices. But I'm not sure I like the idea of his stuff being published.

This tuesday the Best of is released....for sure. It looks awesome.
I've heard the box set won't come out for over a year, or more.

1. You Know You're Right (previously unreleased)
2. About A Girl
3. Been A Son
4. Sliver
5. Smells Like Teen Spirit
6. Come As You Are
7. Lithium
8. In Bloom
9. Heart-Shaped Box
10. Pennyroyal Tea
11. Rape Me
12. Dumb
13. All Apologies
14. The Man Who Sold The World (from the Unplugged album)

Pretty boring release, actually.

I picked up Best Of today while I was out in search of Tori Amos's new CD. I got it because I'm not a huge Nirvana fan, but I almost feel like it was my duty to myself as a child of the 90's to own it. I also now live at home, and thus downloading songs has become madly annoying, and I really wanted to have "You Know You're Right." Also, I am pained to admit, it was only $10.99 and it was sort of a "Why not?" purchase.

I listened to it after I got through Scarlet's Walk and it's a nice little compilation of Nirvana's best-known (I hesitate to necessarily say "best") songs. It's worth it for people who are casual fans and want a simple, understated, quickie snapshot of Nirvana's most notable work.

"You Know You're Right" is amazing, and I've always been particularly fond of "About a Girl," but I'm not sure why they picked "The Man Who Sold the World" over "Where Did You Sleep Last Night?" as the requisite Unplugged cover. Whenever I would listen to Unplugged (which I still own), I felt like I was just hanging in there until I got to "All Apologies" (which is on Best Of) and "Where Did You Sleep Last Night?" Anyone who has ever heard that final scream of "My girl, my girl, don't lie to me" has had their life changed. I was never that impressed with "The Man Who Sold the World" and it's a weird way to end it. "Where..." would have been a way cooler closer.

Oh well. It's a good value.

Back
Top Bottom