Nip/Tuck Seaon 3!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The fact that it was Quentin was lame, but at least they did still have a surprising twist. The nurse would have been cool but I figured that was just a distraction to throw us off.

That racist guy part was so horrible, I was so glad they killed him :shifty:

I found the Matt/Cherry/Racist Dad scenes much more compelling than anything that involved the Carver subplot last night. I also honestly wasn't too surprised by the twist involving Kit and Quentin being siblings/partners. The second Kit said that she wanted to be present for Quentin's autopsy I suspected that she was involved in some way. I didn't buy that Quentin was dead. I guess I'm used to crazy plot twists because of shows like 24 :nerd:

Also, the Carver mystery arc this season was grating on my nerves. I felt it lost its juice early this season. I would've been satisfied if the identity of the culprit was revealed within the first few episodes. It dragged on far too much than it should've.

Overall I felt this season was rather underwhelming :shrug:

Review from TVGuide :up:

How do I start? Hmm. How about this. The show ended and my cell phone rang. It was TVGuide.com's own Daniel Coleridge. I answered because I was dying to hear what he thought of tonight's two-hour season finale. Daniel's a good friend and besides, he's the one who covered Nip/Tuck for Watercooler before I took over this season. "I'm disappointed!" declared Daniel. "Me too!" said I. So at least I wasn't alone. Why oh why did they make Quentin the Carver?!? How terribly predictable. FX even tried throwing us off by releasing that photo of a bloody and carved Quentin. Then they showed Liz being interrogated in last week's coming attractions — another way to throw us off. When that Carver mask came off and it was Quentin's face, I screamed "No!" I so wanted it to be someone we didn't suspect. Daniel had predicted weeks ago that it was going to be a woman who raped the victims with a strap-on. Well he was half right. The fact that Quentin has no penis was quite shocking (did I ever think I'd type that anyone "has no penis" in a Watercooler?) and I did like the twist at the very end revealing Kit to be Quentin's sister and coconspirator. As soon as they showed the two of them lounging at a pool, my first thought was "She better not have a British accent!" and thankfully, she didn't. Another thing I liked was Julia deciding to co-own the house with Sean so they could raise the new baby together. But what's wrong with the baby? We'll have to wait until the spring to find out. Julia's Rosemary's Baby-like nightmare both disturbed and amused me. But nothing was more disturbing than Ariel's neo-Nazi, racist, homophobic father kidnapping and torturing Matt and Cherry (the very effective Willam Belli). Umm — did Matt cut Cherry's penis off? She sure screamed bloody murder as if he had. Then Cherry escaped out of the almost-grave just in time to hit Ariel's dad on the head with a shovel and shoot him. So I'm guessing she still had her penis? Geez, how many times am I going to type that word? I did love that this whole horrific experience made Matt into a sensible and caring person. Other random thoughts:
- I was impressed that series creator and executive producer Ryan Murphy came back to write and direct the final hour. I only wish he could've made someone else the Carver. Even Joan Rivers would've been better than Quentin.
- Why was there nary a mention of Erica being alive this week or last?
- Kudos to Kelly Carlson for her brilliant acting as Kimber before and after her corrective surgeries.
- Loved Veronica Cartwright as Mother Mary Claire. And that was series writer and producer Jennifer Salt (Eunice from Soap) as the first nun towards the very end. Jennifer's cameo was uncredited, as were coexecutive producers Lyn Greene (young Dorothy from Golden Girls) and Richard Levine as the prospective adoptive parents of Quentin in the flashback.
- Gina's line to Christian cracked me up (after her face was literally cracked by Quentin): "Don't screw this up, a--hole, I'm planning to get a book deal out of this, and I don't want to look like the Joker in my dust jacket."

So, you see, I wasn't completely disappointed and won't be referring to the show as "Gyp/Suck" anytime soon. — Dave Anderson

[q] By Andrew Wallenstein

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The third-season finale of "Nip/Tuck" carved out record ratings for FX on Tuesday.

The two-hour episode, which aired at 10 p.m., drew 5.7 million total viewers, making it the most-watched episode ever of any FX original series. The finale revealed the identity of the Carver, a masked serial slasher whose identity was under wraps the entire season.

"Nip/Tuck" also drew 3.9 million in the 18-49 demographic; no other cable series has generated that large an audience this year. The haul also enabled "Nip/Tuck" to rank as the No. 1 original cable series in the demo.

The episode also repeated strongly at midnight, bringing in a cumulative audience of 7.3 million on the night.

Despite switching its scheduled run from the summer -- where it spent the past two seasons -- to the more competitive fall period, "Nip/Tuck" managed to best its season averages in total viewers (3.9 million) and 18-49 (2.7 million) by 100,000 viewers in both categories over last year.[/q]

I was really disappointed in Quentin being the Carver. I had hoped for something more sinister. OVerall felt Season 3 was lacking - every episode had some kind of catastrophe. If I wasn't so obsessed with the show, I would go on and criticize it, but I just can't. I love it too much. :heart:

I love Nip Tuck--I have a funny story about my mother & the show. We were at dinner one evening and she started talking about this show she saw on "the health network" where a woman was so fat that she had grown to her couch & some doctors came in & had to cut her free. We were like the health network my rear end--Mother--you have been watching Nip Tuck! She tried to deny it--but she was busted. 72 years old--my my. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom