ninja turtles back, with no weapons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Green Light 711

The Fly
working in the POP CHOP Shop with Vampira, watchin
It looks like they're bringing the TMNT turtles back to a new batch of kids who don't remember them. But now they don't have any weapons. How cheezy. What are they trying to do make some kind of political statement against violence or something or brainwash kids, gimme a break. I am 20 and I grew up with the turtles. So did all my friends. We loved the whirling nunchucks, the sais of Raphael, the pole and especially Leonardo's swords crossed on the back of his shell! Mondo cool! But now all I see used is the pole and they use it for doing pull ups!! Looks like April is all butch and muscular now with a tough bitch face. That must be PC too, look at the strong female character! Well I think all this is stupid and they were fine like they were. I had all those toys and weapons and I never grew up to be a killer and neither did any of my friends. Thoughts or comments please?

I loved them too
however, I think the new ninja turtles still have lots of weapons
and I don't remember seeing april

so it's pretty much the opposite of what you just said, unless they changed it

I agree though, cartoons for kids these days are so lame. 80's toons rule the day with GI Joe, Thundercats, Bravestar, TMNT...etc....
such goodness!

Basstrap said:

I agree though, cartoons for kids these days are so lame. 80's toons rule the day with GI Joe, Thundercats, Bravestar, TMNT...etc....
such goodness!

Dont forget He-Man and Transformers!!!!

Memories :up:

I still have a box full of Ninja Turtles somewhere...I loved those things! :heart: You gotta have the weapons though...

Sam and I were all excited when we saw that the Ninja Turtles were on TV, but they had different voices, and we were sad. :(

i loved that show so much in kindegarten. i'm sure i was still playing with the toys through third grade. i had the sewer and the turtle van and everything. except splinter, for some reason my sister got splinter. and i lost shredder. and leonardo broke somehow, i remember i glued him back together, but the glue melted when he went swimming as a bath toy. a couple christmases ago my brother actually found an old, normal leonardo. i think there might be a few random arms and legs or shells in boxes in the basement, and i think the turtle van is still around.

i remember when i got the catapult my mom confiscated the ooze. she thought it would be really messy.

i think i caught the tail end of it cos i was just a little too young to know about it earlier without having older siblings, and i didn't have cable so i couldn't watch the show on saturday mornings if the weather was bad cos the channel wouldn't come in.

oh, and by re-making it in any form is some form of cartoon-crime. i say we take them out back and shoot them. yes...and we can board up the bodies in those loose floor pannels in the basement....:macdevil:

Last edited:
Heroes in a half shell!!

I had all four turtles and an April, but no other characters. They were hard to find in Denver, the toy dealers bought them all. :mad:

Raphael rocked my world. :heart: I saw them in concert. :sexywink:

I had no idea they brought them back...but with no weapons? Blasphemy!

I was never a big fan of the turtles. I didn't really get the 'attack of the killer tomatoes' cartoon either :slant:

But I was a big fan of the 'Mysterious Cities of Gold' and Thundercats. :up: Oooh and Batfink :laugh:

Bringing back cartoons all wrong annoys me. It's like when they brought back the pink panther and he could talk :mad: Or when they brought back Scooby Doo and they had introduced that bloody Scrappy Doo :mad::mad:

it amazes me how people wank on about violence in cartoons and mention things like the ninja turtles.
hello, looney tunes? you cannot get more violent than roadrunner. he never made serial killers of children. just like the turtles never did/will.

pfffft.

Right on Angela! :up:

I remember taking my niece and nephew to see the Ninja Turtles rock concert. My little niece was in love iwth Raphael. Then she saw a People magazine of the actors hanging up their costumes in a closet and she was devastated! :shocked: :no:

Sorry BG I can't stand spongebob! :scream: If my kids watch it I have to leave the room.

bammo2 said:

But I was a big fan of the 'Mysterious Cities of Gold' :

:hyper: I have all the episodes on CDR!! You should come over and we can have a marathon!! (Okay, that would take like four days of continous watching, but we could have a marathon of a few episodes).

I loved MCoG, Belle and Sebastian, The Little Prince, and Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics.

Sam got me into Dogtanian and Around the World With Willy Fogg after I got him the DVDs as part of his birthday present last August. :laugh::up:

Back
Top Bottom