Nine THings That Drive You Nuts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
Nine Things That Drive You Nuts

1. People who point at their wrist while asking for the time.... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their ass to search the entire room for the T.V. remote because they refuse to walk to the T.V. and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film "did you see that?". No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor.

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?".... Didn't really give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

7. When something is 'new and improved!'. Which is it? If it's new, then there has never been anything before it. If it's an improvement, then there must have been something before it, couldn't be new.

8. When people say "life is short". What the?? Life is the longest thing anyone ever does!! What can you do that's longer?

9. When you are waiting for the bus and someone asks "Has the bus come yet?". If the bus came would I be standing here, dumbass?

Last edited:
1. When the boys next door play their c/rap music so loud the wall vibrates.

2. E-mails from my mom that are loaded with about 20 questions.

3. PDA (Public displays of affection)-get a f-ing room!!!!! :mad:

4. Teenage boys

5. Teenage girls

6. When I'm in the mood to watch TV but nothing good is on

7. People who diss Bono 'cause of his ego.

8. Arrogance

9. Ignorance

1. People who complain...every damn day...just be HAPPY:mad: DAMMIT!

2. People at work who think THEY are the only damn ones working hard...:madspit:

3. Rude people...rude people...RUDE PEOPLE:mad: :mad:

4. My dog peeing on the floor 2 seconds before I let him out:rolleyes:

I come back with more...

Awesome idea! :up: In no particular order...

1. Bad drivers: people who drive well below the speed limit, or are going slow in the fast lane; those who don’t use their turn signals; drivers who cut me off; and anyone that in general slows me down or makes me angry in some way.

2. When people leave the coffeepot empty in the mornings at work. I am useless without coffee, and I swear people do that just to piss me off. How hard is it to make another frigging pot?!

3. Messy and illegible handwriting. It’s so frustrating to not be able to read what someone has written. It doesn’t take a lot of extra time, and it shouldn’t be too difficult for any person to print slowly and clearly!

4. Doors, cabinets and drawers left open. Don’t ask me why. It has always annoyed me SO much. My old roommate used to leave our front door hanging wide open all the time, even in the middle of winter! That just blew my mind. My dad knows that this bothers me, so whenever I’m visiting them, he will leave the drawers and cabinets open on purpose just to get a rise out of me.

5. When my landlord’s son thinks it is extremely fun to run up and down the halls and jump around very early on a Saturday morning. I live in their basement, and he can be pretty noisy at times. I don’t mind him running and jumping around most of the time, but when it happens at 7am on a Saturday morning, and he starts to yell “Be quiet” to his sister, who is never noisy, I am NOT happy.

These are the biggest ones I can think of right now. :D

1. people who lie

2. people who think you are their friend, but won't go away even after you tell them to go away

3. smell of smoke

4. people who go the bathroom without washing their hands

5. bad music

6. people who don't shut up

7. people who rub things in:angry:

8. sore losers

9. irresponsible people

Oh dear... I'm very nitpicky when it comes to certain things.

1. Poor grammar - I'm a self-professed grammar whore.

2. Stacking dirty dishes - I have no dishwasher, and stacking dishes just makes the job twice as dirty.

3. People who walk on the left-hand side, walk too slow, or in a group 4 abreast.

4. People who lie - I'd rather someone tell me the truth to my face than have to tiptoe around, worrying about me finding out.

5. Bratty children (and adults :|) - If I were their mother, I'd teach them a thing or two about respect.

6. People who make their own rules - Don't park in handicapped spots if you're not handicapped (even for 5 minutes), don't make your own parking spots, don't be consistently late, etc, etc.

7. People who don't accept you for who you are / People who are judgemental

8. Potty mouths - F this, F that. I wish some people had larger vocabularies sometimes.

9. Disobeying the "busology" rules - Taking up more than one seat, not moving to the back, being noisy, not giving up your seat for the elderly, etc.

What can I say... I'm pretentious. :wink:

Re: Nine Things That Drive You Nuts

nbcrusader said:
1. People who point at their wrist while asking for the time.... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their ass to search the entire room for the T.V. remote because they refuse to walk to the T.V. and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film "did you see that?". No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor.

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?".... Didn't really give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

7. When something is 'new and improved!'. Which is it? If it's new, then there has never been anything before it. If it's an improvement, then there must have been something before it, couldn't be new.

8. When people say "life is short". What the?? Life is the longest thing anyone ever does!! What can you do that's longer?

9. When you are waiting for the bus and someone asks "Has the bus come yet?". If the bus came would I be standing here, dumbass?

I've seen that before, pretty amusing.

1. People who are always late for class.

2. Professors who keep talking and talking when the class period is over, like their class is the only one we're taking and we're not full time students with four part time jobs and an internship.

3. People reading over my shoulder or reading the computer screen while I type.

4. People that write with pencils and it sqeaks or makes noise. I dunno why, but there's something about that texture that makes me want to throw up.

5. Professors that are very patronizing because they always assume your parents pay for everything, like you're still in high school. This usually manifests itself when professors requires a new textbook costing over $100 halfway through the semester and then snicker when we dare to raise a complaint.

6. When my boss assigns me work orders with "problem clients" (people that are generally pissed off or people that are afraid of their computers) simply because I'm the only girl and he thinks I won't get yelled at by the client, or the client will be more receptive of me.

7. People that don't use their blinkers and people that honk or gesture at me for crossing the road going STRAIGHT when my light is GREEN while they are trying to turn.

8. People that work at Best Buy because in about 10 minutes, probably 20 of them will come and try to sell me something because I'm a girl and couldn't possible know anything about anything at Best Buy, even though I know exactly what I need. On the other hand, they just look at Phil and give him a nod.

9. People that chew with their mouths open.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

9. People that chew with their mouths open.

Oh good God, yes.

:banghead:

My roommate chews with her mouth open. It makes me want to kill her. I have to leave the room when she eats anything. :sad:

GibsonGirl said:

Oh good God, yes.

My roommate chews with her mouth open. It makes me want to kill her. I have to leave the room when she eats anything. :sad:

:yes: !!! :rant: I want to kill ANYONE and EVERYONE who does this! It's horrible!

Which leads me to my list:

1. People who chew with their mouths open :shame:
2. Anyone who spits. It's just gross. Use a tissue or just don't.
3. Dishonesty. Period. :mad:
4. Crowds. People get stupid in crowds. Why? :shrug:
5. People who don't pick up after their dogs. :madspit:
6. Poor hygiene. There's just no excuse. :no:
7. Disrespectful teens. And pull up your pants!!
8. Poor grammar/spelling SPELLCHECK: USE IT!! :scream:
9. Traffic or any kind of line. I can't tolerate this. :scratch:

1) people
2) people
3) people
4) people
5) people
6) people
7) people
8) people
9) people

yep. That's correct. People, all people, piss me off. So if you're even remotely human you're gonna piss me off at one time or another.

I'm sure I'll do likewise to you.

:)

Not in any order:

1. people who make fun of me b/c I love U2.
2. Disrespectful people
3. People who aren't thankful for what they have/people that don't say thank U!
4. Hipocrites (spelling ?)
5. liars
6. Complainers
7. whiners
8. braggers
9. people who always tell you what to do or give unwanted advice.

that was a little too easy, glad I got that off my chest!:huh:

I was gonna start a similar thread about things that annoy me about the guy I'm sharing this house with!

1. People who use up all the toilet paper and leave the empty roll just sitting there, instead of replacing it! :mad:

2. People who put every possible cup, spoon, fork, bowl, knife, whatever in the kitchen sink and fill it up with dirty dishes. Wash some of the less sticky ones, damnit! :mad:

3. People who blare music out of big ass speakers in their rooms and assume that the whole house wants to hear it! :mad:

4. People who come and sit in your room and don't leave even after you give them enough hints that you need some alone time.

5. Roommates who refuse to subscribe to cable TV because it will affect their studies or whatever, but never fail to come into your room to watch something! :mad:

6. Obsessively cleaning roommates! and the other extreme... total slobs as roommates!

7. Those who use common things in the house like say, a hammer, a screwdriver or flashlight and then promptly go and keep it in their own rooms! :mad:

8. People who don't help in enough of the housework!

9. Narrow minded people who cannot accept other people's interests or opinions!

People who talk with their mouths full

People who ask you a question when you put food in your mouth.

1 . those news scrolls on TV

2. those kiddie car carts in grocery stores

3. the sound of bouncing basketballs in my neighborhood

4. certain things and some people around here

5. people who talk in movie theaters

6. people who kick your seat in movie theaters

7. the Olympic coverage on NBC and trying to avoid seeing/hearing the results before they finally get around to showing the skating

8. out of control kids

9. people who litter

the main one for me currently are those who use the word "like" after every single word in a sentence...:huh:
It just makes me want to rip my hair out.

Last edited:
1. when the black ink spills all over my table when I'm drawing... even worse if it spills over my drawings :mad:

2. People who act like their are better than everybody else

3. People who talk at the movies... or people who let their cell phone rings during the movie.

4. crying kids

5. Leaches

6. when people leave empty boxes or half eated food inside the fridge.

7. When I have to take my portfolio to an interview... it is sooo heavy

8. Racists.

9. lazy people

reggatone

tuna fish in the mayo jar

vending machines that eat my money

grocery shopping

people who say "[band name]?? nice shirt, dude!!!"

when people tack a few years onto their listening of a band to gain some kind of street cred. just admit you jumped the bandwagon when everyone else did. if you actually know the songs and own the albums and go to shows, that's all that really matters.

dumbasses who open alarmed doors

having to tie my shoes

people in general

Along the lines of chewing with your mouth open--I cannot stand when a person excessively smacks their food or gulps their beverage... when you can actually hear it travel through the esophagus, at high volume :yuck:

1. arrogance
2. dumb people
3. racists
4. when i run out of cigarettes
5. housewives at the supermarket esp. when they dont seem to care to queue and give me fake smiles
6. pete doherty, paris hilton, emo n screamo pussies
7. being ill.. ooh there´s nothing i hate more
8. disrespect, ambiguity
9. winter

Back
Top Bottom