NIN news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
According to a representative at Universal in Sweden, NINE INCH NAILS' new album, "With Teeth", will be released in Europe on May 2 — presumably one day ahead of its North American release date (as is common practice for established international recording artists).

As previously reported, "With Teeth" will contain 12 tracks, and is said to be "more song-orientated" than 1999's "The Fragile".

"With Teeth" was recorded in part at Sound City Studio in Van Nuys, Ca., and features a guest appearance on drums by former NIRVANA drummer/current FOO FIGHTERS frontman Dave Grohl. Mixing duties were handled by Alan Moulder (THE CURE, SMASHING PUMPKINS).

NINE INCH NAILS' current touring lineup is believed to include drummer Jerome Dillon, bassist Jeordie White (a.k.a. Twiggy Ramirez, A PERFECT CIRCLE, ex-MARILYN MANSON) and keyboardist Alessandro Cortini.

I'm intrested to hear what the new stuff is gonna be like. I loved the instrumental stuff on Fragile, and the more atmospheric stuff. Wonder what this stuff is gonna sound like.

Sucks they're only playing London, there are more cities than just London in the UK NIN!

Anyone heard "The Hand That Feeds" yet? Pretty cool. It is much more song oriented than the last couple albums. Kinda sounds more similar to Pretty Hate Machine with a definite dance vibe.

I haven't liked anything I've heard off of the new album, but I guess we'll see soon enough what his fans think.

HelloAngel said:
I haven't liked anything I've heard off of the new album, but I guess we'll see soon enough what his fans think.

How have you heard more than "The Hand That Feeds"? Did the album leak?

You can buy the first single, "The Hand That Feeds" on iTunes. It's a cool song, but it doesn't seem to have that bite that previous NIN songs do. It sounds more like a pop song, more radio friendly. It's cool though.

bsp77 said:

How have you heard more than "The Hand That Feeds"? Did the album leak?

Yes, songs off of the album have leaked, but not all of it. The lyrics are terrible and the music sounds just like every other hard rock band on the radio with dark edges. I've supported this band since the beginning - I'm talking 1989 here - so this isn't necessarily a short term fan's opinion. I'm hoping the leaks I've heard are not the finalized studio versions, although they sound pretty damn close.

coemgen said:
Trent has never been one to have strong lyrics.

I felt the songwriting on The Downward Spiral was great, but he has always been more an exemplary studio genius with a great rock voice.

The lyrics on the new album are awfully contrite and sound like bad high school poetry and not the innermost thoughts of a 40-year old man.

I heard The Hand That Feeds on the radio over the weekend. I wasn't entirely blown away. I've liked NIN since 94.

My feeling is that Trent is kind of stuck making music that sounds too much like NIN.

I dunno.

Just because I love NIN and I'm bored, I'm gonna throw a whole bunch of info out...

- The Hand That Feeds will be released on April 18 and will only be issued in the UK/Europe. There will be a limited edition 4 track digipak (with 2 remixes and the video) and a 2 track slimline (with 1 remix).

- With Teeth will be released on regular audio CD, DualDisc (which will have bonus features) and vinyl.

- There are lots of listening parties taking place near the end of March/beginning of April around the country:
http://www.nin.com/current/listening_parties.html

- The video for The Hand That Feeds and the cover art for With Teeth are now up on NIN.com

- The full lineup for the live band is: Jeordie White on bass, Alessandro Cortini on keyboards, Jerome Dillon on drums and Aaron North on guitar.

- An extensive fall tour of North America will be announced soon.

I like it. But I'm enjoying a lot of the big name lead singles right now that other people aren't. (Garbage, Weezer, etc.)

I don't know. I really liked the Fragile, but at least Trent's not doing a redux of that album.

I'm definitely hooked on the new single. I've heard clips of the whole album (don't ask me where to find them because they're no longer available from where I got them). I can already tell that it's definitely going to be different and that I probably won't like it as much as the other NIN albums. However, several of the clips show real promise. It's just that it will be a deviation in many ways (political themes, musically stripped-down and simple, etc.) and that will take a while to get into.

just heard 'the hand that feeds' tonight, and i must say i was pretty disappointed. muchmusic played 'head like a hole' right after it, which made the new single sound even worse.

i've liked NIN since hearing 'down in it' way back in the day, and i much prefer old NIN to this new radio-friendly trent. that being said, if the new CD has a track anywhere near as blistering as 'starfuckers inc.' i'll probably end up picking it up.

Back
Top Bottom