Niggy Tardust

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He did the whole "free or donate" Radiohead thing with it too, didn't he? I'll have to grab that one one of these days.

This album is absolutely brilliant.

Really, it is. In fact, it might just be the best that I’ve heard all year.

Pre-emptive apologies for the double post:

It’ll be interesting to see if my initial enthusiasm remains over the coming months.

i'm not used to seeing enthusiasm for hip-hop on a U2 board- nice surprise- what else (ie what other hip-hop acts) do you guys listen to?

Well, you shouldn’t be too surprised, as there are plenty of people here with supremely eclectic tastes. Anyhow, as far as I’m concerned music is music, and as such, depending upon quality (as notoriously subjective as that notion may be), it should be embraced and celebrated.

Beyond my rather redundant sermonising though, I wouldn’t describe ‘The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of NiggyTardust’ as a purely hip-hop affair, as it quite effectively combines the typical nuances of certain disparate genres (with a highly generous contribution from the seemingly in form Mr. Reznor).

With any luck however, despite its immediacy, this album will also be a grower. Here’s to that becoming true. :wink:

(‘Convict Colony’ and ‘WTF!’ kick ass in a fairly particular fashion.)

dr. zooeuss said:
i'm not used to seeing enthusiasm for hip-hop on a U2 board- nice surprise- what else (ie what other hip-hop acts) do you guys listen to?

I only really dabble in hiphop as of now, but I'm fairly into Gorillaz, Del, MF Doom, Outkast, Public Enemy, Gnarls Barkley, and Aesop Rock (speaking of new rap, the new Aesop Rock is pretty badass as well).

Back
Top Bottom