Nickname Confessionals! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 09-29-2005, 01:58 PM   #16
Local Time: 06:12 AM
My younger brother, Jonny who is 19, has a host of nicknames. The one that is used most often is a nickname that he gave himself. He is big into lifting weights and is often found in front of a mirror admiring his chest muscles. He then started introducing himself to people as "Jonny Big-Chest". Needless to say, that's what we now call him.

He has some other funny nick names too. When we were kids, we used to go on road trips with our uncle. Jonny had to stop frequently to use the bathroom. My uncle started commenting on how small his blatter was and how his bladder could only hold 1 cc (cc: cubic centileter used for measuring volume in syringes). He was then given the name "Jonny 1 cc". I still call him that to this day(along with Jonny big-chest). Whenever he has to use the can, I make sure to call him Jonny 1cc.

Old 09-29-2005, 02:11 PM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 07:12 AM
Big Red
Killer Carrot Top

The rest would take too long to explain.

Old 09-29-2005, 03:31 PM   #18
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!
Local Time: 05:12 AM
My sister couldn't (or wouldn't) say Karen, so she called me Dewey. My family would sit her down and tell her "Say K" and she would. Then they'd tell her "say Ren" and she would. Then they would tell her to put it all together and "say KA-REN"). She would say DEWEY! She would stand at the screen door calling for me when I was outside "oooohhh Ooohhhhh Ooohhhhh Dewey!".

My high school friends called me Care or Care-K.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:21 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict
My real name is Lies....

My mom always has and still calls me Liesy, or Liesje (leesha), which would be the proper Dutch way

When I was little, I was Tookiebutton

A few people call me Lies but pronounce it with a harder s (like leeeezzz instead of leeees) which I don't mind

My great uncle John is kinda crazy even though he's old, and since I don't see him much, he calls me Lisa Linda instead of Lies Alaine. He used to do it by accident and now he still does it b/c he thinks it's hilarious

My boyfriend calls me Babycakes

This is kinda brother's name is Andrew, but only my grandma calls him that and everyone else calls him Drew. When he was little, my mom would sometimes call him Jerusalem just for emphasis, like if he was being bad, she'd shout "JE-RU-SA-LEM!" One day at the grocery store he was being his usual toddler self and jumping around. He was almost jumping out of the cart and my mom yelled "Jerusalem! Stop that!" and everyone turned and gave us weird looks like, "who names their kid that?"
Old 09-29-2005, 10:01 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 08:12 AM
<---- This is actually one two separate groups of friends have called me at different times...first some college friends, then some "real world" work friends.

My real name is Megan but I go by Meg pretty much.

Others include:
Meggo-the-Eggo (my least favorite childhood nickname )
Meggie (VERY select group of EXTREMELY close friends)
Widget (my mom's pet name for me)
Old 09-29-2005, 10:22 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict
Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Local Time: 07:12 AM real name is Elizabeth...but I mainly been called Liz.

Other nicknames have included the following: Dizzy Miss Lizzy

Lizzie Borden (One time was 7th or 8th grade and it was after me and the rest of the class watched something about Lizzie Borden)

LWC (I work for Loews Cineplex and the container holding the fries/chicken tenders/hotdog combos has the stands for Look's What replace the Look's with Liz)

Lizzie Wizzie (One time thing too)

Mash Potatos (I had keep an eye on a plate of mash potatos one time at an Old Country Buffet.)

Recently I've been called Laquisha...don't remember why

Those are the ones that I remember...but I have a lot more nicknames
Old 09-29-2005, 10:29 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Mine aren't funny

Old 09-29-2005, 10:35 PM   #23
love, blood, life
I want a cool nickname.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:57 PM   #24
I serve MacPhisto
People at work call me JR (jay-arrr, not junior). I have no R initial, though. Figure that one out.

A couple girls at work have called me Jer-bear before (started when we had a girl named Kerry working there, and people called her Ker (care)-bear... and then they made the transition) (my girlfriend hasn't let me live that one down, let me tell you, she bugs me with it every now and then)

Then run of the mill stuff for Jeremy: Jerome, Jeremiah, Jer, etc...

Then there was a time back in public school where I was 'Penguin boy' due to my love for the Pittsburgh Penguins... we had a bunch of that kinda stuff, hockey/sports related... Nothing huge, though.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:27 AM   #25
Jesus Online
Local Time: 11:12 PM
My parents used to call me Weezy. They stopped.

I used to get called everything that rhymes with Anna. Anyone who tries to call me spanner these days will get punched in the head

I now get called Annie or An (as in the word 'an' because everyone I know is lazy).
<a href= target=_blank></a>
Old 09-30-2005, 12:47 AM   #26
Blue Crack Addict
Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Spanner? I think that nickname sucks really
Old 09-30-2005, 01:02 AM   #27
Jesus Online
Local Time: 11:12 PM
thank you, yes it does. fuckers. let me tell you a story. i'm going to use it in court one day to get myself out of a lot of trouble, if i ever end up in some. i was anguished at lawson public swimming pool, aged 9. or 10? anyway, it was swimming carnival day. i entered the backstroke. about the only race i had hopes of ever getting a place in. so the race starts. i got of to a good start, not having a clue what position i was in. then i hear this faint 'go anna...goanna...go anna...goanna!' and applause and laughter. confused, i stopped swimming to realise the boys in year 6 had got the whole school cheering my name because it was funny to them to call me goanna!

<a href= target=_blank></a>
Old 09-30-2005, 01:44 PM   #28
That sucks Angela!!

Mine were:

Screamin' Mimi (Thanks to National Lampoon's Vacation, the rollercoaster at WallyWorld)
Meemer Bean (??? I have no idea why, one of my friends just started calling me that)
Old 09-30-2005, 01:55 PM   #29
Blue Crack Distributor
Old 09-30-2005, 02:54 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!
Local Time: 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Angela Harlem

Anyone who tries to call me spanner these days will get punched in the head

I seem to remember calling you anna spanner wanner tanner or something recently and you didn't punch me

Please don't punch me

Re my nicknames, I generally get called Bammo or Bammers (it's an abbreviation of my surname)

I have one friend who calls me Bega. My name is Lu