Nick Drake's Pink Moon - I am adoring it! - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2008, 01:46 AM   #31
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:19 AM
Torrents for the win. Music blogs too. And there are plenty of bands making their music available for free on their websites. That wasn't exactly Radiohead's idea.

Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words
Anytime someone takes No Spoken Words, reduces it to NSW, and then changes it to New South Wales, I'm pleased.
I've thought of you as New South Wales since the Vertigo setlist parties. I just wish we had a QLD and a VIC.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-11-2008, 03:12 AM   #32
45:33

Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words
Anytime someone takes No Spoken Words, reduces it to NSW, and then changes it to New South Wales, I'm pleased.

Pink Moon and Things Behind the Sun are my two favorites as of now.
See, I've only ever seen your name abbreviated to NSW (which immediately says to me New South Wales, and nothing else) or douchebag, or others from Beav.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

Quote:
You can't listen to one new album a month? You could triple your horizons if you just did that.
I could, but I don't want to. I want to read all about it, real get into it, get comfortable with it, and so on. I remember when I bought Low/Heroes pack. It took a few weeks before I even put Heroes in my stereo to play.

For example. Who's Next. Got it early Jan, and over the month of Jan it received seven full plays on itunes, with Baba O'Riley getting 17. Add the five or six spins on in my stereo, and that's how much I listened to it over a month. I don't have enough time.

Torrents are miles too confusing.

That's just how I roll

Old 02-11-2008, 04:17 AM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by COBL_04
I could, but I don't want to. I want to read all about it, real get into it, get comfortable with it, and so on.
This is actually something I wish I did more of, instead of constantly acquiring more and more new stuff. There's a lot to be said for getting properly comfortable with one album, instead of hopping from one album to next one to next one. I have to remind myself at times that there's simply no way to get hold of ALL good music in the world,
Old 03-17-2008, 03:16 AM   #34
45:33

Just bought Bryter Layter... so far not as good as Pink Moon... but still a record I'm really enjoying. Favourite songs are At the Chime of a City Clock, Hazey Jane I, Fly, Poor Boy (oh the chorii ) and the beautiful Northern Sky.