Nick Drake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkayet

New Yorker
Don't know if anyone saw this already...I guess it's of most interest to those in the London area...very exciting! :D

NICK DRAKE DOC GETS LONDON SCREENING

NICK DRAKE is the focus of a new documentary to be screened as part of the 'REEL MADNESS' film festival.

'A Skin Too Few: The Days Of Nick Drake' directed by Jeroen Berkvens, traces the life and death of the singer/songwriter who died of a drug overdose aged 26, after recording three albums. The film will be shown on June 20.

The festival is dedicated to exploring portrayals and experiences of mental health, and takes place at the London ICA between June 19 and 22.'

(from NME)

I believe its the same documentary I saw a while ago on UK satelitte as the title rings a bell. It contains various interviews with his family and friends tracing his musical influences, his development as a songwriter, and exploring his own frustrations based around his shyness which limited his live performances, and also the last few days before he passed away. Its a very modest and calmly compiled documentary which I highly recommend.

Last edited:
That's a great documentary. I saw it at the Vancouver Film Festival last year. Yes, highly recommended. Nick Drake is amazing, and Pink Moon is possibly the best album of all time. I can't believe hardly anyone knows about him.

:hyper: I LOVE Nick Drake!!! In fact I used to listen to him before i knew he was even passed...:sad: I almost fell over when i found out.

I WANNA SEE IT!!! :scream:

Will it ever play here??? Do you know where I can find more info about this??

The only thing I can think of better would be a Jeff Buckley Documentary. Unless there is one out there that I dont know about :|

Ali Rose said:
:hyper: I LOVE Nick Drake!!! In fact I used to listen to him before i knew he was even passed...:sad: I almost fell over when i found out.

I WANNA SEE IT!!! :scream:

Will it ever play here??? Do you know where I can find more info about this??

The only thing I can think of better would be a Jeff Buckley Documentary. Unless there is one out there that I dont know about :|

It already played "here" (minneapolis). I missed it though. I think I was working or something stupid. :(

In order not to miss things like this, I would suggest picking up and reading the City Page weekly. Things like this are often listed in the events section. And then the Star Tribune has a nice entertainment section on Friday's too. I think it played at the Walker.

Last edited:
Ali Rose said:

There is one I saw about 5-6 months ago on the same UK channel which also showed this Nick Drake documentary. Likewise, that one was just as moving and emotional. I can't remember the title at all..sorry ali :|

Please beware of them that stare
They'll only smile to see you while
Your time away
And once you've seen what they have been
To win the earth just won't seem worth
Your night or your day
Who'll hear what I say.
Look around you find the ground
Is not so far from where you are
But not too wise
For down below they never grow
They're always tired and charms are hired