Nick Cave - Nocturama

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
ok, so I know there was a little discussion about this a long time ago, but hell I just got back from being gone for eight months and I picked up the album last night and I wanna talk about it. :D So far, I've been able to listen to it twice and I have the feeling that it is a grower. Right off, it's not as magical as No More Shall We Part, but then again, that album would be very very hard to top as, imho, it's pretty damn near perfect.

I think part of what I love about him lately is the use of the piano (I play it and have a soft spot for it) and not only in slow ballads but also in harder songs. "Bring it On" would not be out of place on No More... but stuff like "Dead Man In My Bed" shows he still has that dark gothic aura as well. I really like the vibe on "Rock of Gibraltar". Ali Rose and I were out the other night together and I played a bit of the album for her as she drove me home after I bought it. She made the comment that something about Nick reminded her of Frank Sinatra. That is something that had never occurred to me, but as I think about it I think I can see the comparison. Especially on some of the ballads like "Still in Love". Interesting.

Anyways, I'm enjoying getting to know this CD and I'm gonna go pop in the bonus DVD. Only Nick can make songs that are like a quarter of an hour long. :lol:

Nick Cave=:up:
cave.jpg

Last edited:
I've listened to "Bring It On" and I really like it. I'm definitely thinking about buying the album.

The singer who Nick really reminds me of is Johnny Cash. Am I insane for thinking that?

nope, I don't think you're crazy. He's definitely got a Johnny Cash vibe going. :yes:

the only Nick Cave album I own is the boatman's call
I really like his work a lot, but I have some problems listening to his albums from beginning to end

I am obsessed with the album on the whole. The video for "I'm on Fire" has rocked my pants on and then off again during it's span. It goes just that long. My favorite is when they are all pretending to be kangaroos.

My favortie song on the album is Bring it on.
And Nick Cave is nothing compaired to Lenord Cohen, depression wise...

Back
Top Bottom