Nick Cave and the Baaaad Seeds appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
I've heard a lot about this guy/these guys... I think a lot of it was here, too. So I finally listened to the Best of and was pretty much blown away. So many amazing songs that do my body good. The duet with PJ Harvey (Henry Lee) is so beautiful, not to mention Into My Arms... both of which I'm terribly addicted to. And well a whole bunch of other stuff. So I went got 7 more albums by him.. it will take a long time to digest it all, but I know the experience will be worthwhile.

Grrrrreat stuff. Every self respecting human should at least give the best-of a listening to.

Yep. :yes:

A wonderful friend of ours took us to see him on the last tour. It was such a great show. I hadn't heard too much of his music, and to be introduced to it all live was great.

My favorite Nick cave song is Are You the One That I've Been Waiting For.

You and I must share a psychic connection, Skeek. I just bought the Best Of about a week ago! I've been meaning to do it forever, mainly because I love Mercy Seat and Red Right Hand so much. Oh, yeah, and because Nick Cave was so highly recommended here. I have a lot to thank you fine people for! I can't believe these guys get practically zero attention here in the U.S. They don't sound like anyone else on the planet and Nick's lyrics are brilliant:

"I don't believe in an interventionist God
But I know darling that you do.
But if I did I would kneel down and ask him
Not to intervene when it came to you.
Not to touch a hair on your head
But leave you as you are
If he felt he had to direct you,
Direct you into my arms..."

I just love Nick Cave, been into him for about ten years or so, thanks to a good friend of mine in high school- best album of his for sure has to be 'Henry's Dream'- I just love that album, if you like the song 'The Carny' on the greatest hits than you will probably like this album. All of the album has that kind of 1950s, brooding freak show kind of feel to it, kinda similar to the feel that you get when you watch a Tim Burton film......anyway Nick is great, personal faves include,

Papa, wont leave you Henry
I had a dream Joe
The weeping song
Into my arms
Do you love me

oh and for all of those new Nick fans, I seriously recommend that you obtain a copy of the song 'Shivers', its from his early punk band, 'The Boys next door', but if you admire Nick's lyrics and you like his more slower songs, than you are sure to like this one, its a classic Aussie song, but just make sure that if you are getting it via kazza or the like that you get the original version. In the early 90s an Australian rock band called the screaming jets did a cover of the song, which amazingly was quite popular, although I think the song sucks, so ya dont want to be scared and accidently get that copy. Its been nice talking about Nick:)

OzAurora said:
oh and another question for you Skeek, how on earth do you afford all of the Cds that you buy- what is your secret????

That he doesnt buy any of them.

I know his secrets :wink:

'red right hand' scared the hell out of me the first time i heard it.

that was a good thing though :up:

Ooh I'm a huge fan. I was also initially hooked by "The Best Of" and then went and bought six albums.

My favourites:
Mercy Seat
Loverman
Stagger Lee (though I'd never play it with my Mum in the room, :))
Do You Love Me?
Into My Arms
Where the Wild Roses Grow

hello birthday boy^
:)
we shoud have................the/a BIRTHDAY PARTY

hehehe. happy bday yertle!
I haven't listend to any birthday party yet, but I may at some point. I recently acheived the feat of downloading every single solitary nick cave album. Broad collection of music that man has.

I can't get over Ship Song and Weeping Song. Fruppin Brilliant!

Back
Top Bottom