NHL signing Frenzy!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boosterjuice

Refugee
AS an EDMONTON OILERS FAN, I am absolutely astounded at the recent trades. The Oilers just acquired Chris "the Man" Pronger!!! And I just found out minutes ago that they just signed Mike "the legend" PECA!!!!

That means that the Oilers are going to Kick ass this season!!!

There is SO much more going on in the NHL. Very exciting stuff for those of us who are fans of small market teams.

What trades/signings are you happy about?

:confused:

PTI just announced that Chris Pronger would be playing for the Red Wings next year. I was coming over here to post that I was pretty happy to hear that. :|

It seems either Wilbon misspoke or I misheard. ESPN has Pronger going to the Oilers. Good for you. :up:

I'm glad to say that Yzerman is back with the Wings for the next year, though.

Pronger to Edmonton hurts

hurts bad

:sad:

having an owner selling the team and thus forcing management to stay on the sidelines during the most exciting offseason in NHL history is brutal

just brutal

Philly got Forsberg Im happy o im happy! also got Darien Hatcher. They ended up trading Roenick b/c they went over the cap but i like it.

There is just WAY too much information to take in right now. Is anyone else getting brain overload of all the signings going on?

AvsGirl was saying that Skoula went to the Stars. And now Forsberg to the Flyers. Yikes.

Modano apparently has rejected Dallas's offer and has no team right now. What are they going to do with all those hideous Mike Modano billboards now? :wink:

HeartlandGirl said:
What are they going to do with all those hideous Mike Modano billboards now?

There are millions of people across the world at this moment who are without toilet paper.

One hand washes the other.

:sexywink:

~oilers fan

Interesting indeed, considering that he's officially staying in Dallas.

Free-agent predictions:

Niedermayer to Anaheim.

Khabibulin to stay in Tampa.

Lindros to Winnipeg.

cujo said:
Free-agent predictions:

Niedermayer to Anaheim.

I'm not right often, so I will gladly quote myself with pride. Looks like the Niedermayer brothers will be playing together for the next 4 years.

Now that the major name skaters have been claimed, the only interesting (and slightly unpredictable) acquisitions left are the restricted and free-agent goaltenders. Of the teams who might possibly be toying with the idea of a change... these are my (poor) speculations for the moment:

Los Angeles: Chris Osgood

Chicago: Sean Burke (Phoenix looks as if they will go with Boucher, and even though the Blackhawks have been cited in the Khabibulin race... money and unstable management will probably eliminate them from signing contention)

St. Louis: Felix Potvin (affordable AND inconsistent)

Pittsburgh: Curtis Joseph (a personal pipe-dream for me, and a possibililty if management deems Fleury as a yet unproven commodity)

Tampa Bay: Most likely will stand with John Grahame and Jamie Storr... Khabibulin is a bit of a salary hog, but there's a chance he will stay with the Lightning.

Carolina: Roman Cechmanek (the team is already brutal... why not strive for comedically tragic)

Detroit: Nikolai Khabibulin (and they still won't win)

Wild Card teams who may look to change their netminding state:

Colorado, Boston, Edmonton, and Philadelphia.

No way the Blues sign Potvin, they have Lalime and a bunch of good young goalies behind him.

Chizip said:
No way the Blues sign Potvin, they have Lalime and a bunch of good young goalies behind him.

Thought you might like that one.

I was being facetious with most of my predictions.

Chizip said:
Pronger to Edmonton hurts

hurts bad

:sad:

I have friends who are hardcore Blues fans...they're all from Columbia, but follow the Lou for everything sports-related. I'm so sorry to hear that Pronger has jumped ship. :(

Anyone know what's going on with Paul Kariya?

I heard a rumour that the Oilers are seriously looking at signing him. I'm very skeptical of this though.

I think the Oilers are pre-occupied with following up on their restricted free-agents, like Ryan Smyth. Kariya is a small possibility, but I don't think he will concede to a similar salary as he had in Colorado. If playing for a Canadian team is enough motivation for him to take another pay cut (and he doesn't mind playing without Teemu), then Edmonton and maybe Vancouver could be destinations.

The trend of brothers migrating to play on the same team might also be a factor.

But shhhh... Crosby is on Leno.

:up:

ladywithspinninghead said:
Um, why did Montreal use their draft pick to choose a goalie??

What about Theodore?! :confused:

so they can trade one of them in the future...i would think.

Bobby Holik signed with Atlanta. In his honour, I thought we would reflect upon his progression from on-screen beau to hockey pro.

sloth-goonies.jpg

Courtesy- The Goonies.

Holik_NYR02pre150.jpg

Courtesy- The Blue Shits.

Yeah... that was mean. It's ok though. It's Bobby.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom