NHL signing Frenzy!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zoomerang96 said:
while it's nice to see any player land up anywhere in this new nhl, edmonton fans please beware...your team still sucks. :sexywink:

my precious canucks will look very similiar in terms of their roster this year, as they did before the nhl froze.

So that means they will choke in the first round of the playoffs again like they have for the past few years.:wink:

Zoomerang96 said:
while it's nice to see any player land up anywhere in this new nhl, edmonton fans please beware...your team still sucks. :sexywink:

my precious canucks will look very similiar in terms of their roster this year, as they did before the nhl froze.

Look out!

Edmonton is notorious for being able to create something, from nothing.

Imagine what they can do when with a few quality players joing the fold.

I think you're just jealous that the new CBA is benefitting the Oilers more than it is the Canucks.

I expect the Oilers to have a very successful season.

Bear, how did I forget you rooted for Vancouver? :eyebrow:

Didn't you always fight with Griffiths? Or was that just over Gretzky?

I'm so confused.

That was me.

:sexywink:

And I know what you are all thinking... I full-on suck with the free agent player signing prognostication. It's a syndrome.

Love me for my medicinally non-recognized disease.

fah said:
Cujo is a Coyote

It's the namecalling that hurts the most, fah.

:sexyfrown:

Joining Hull and 'Yotes will at least be interesting.

Well, while I'm obligated to have a Canadian team (being Canadian, and all) I've always had a place in my heart for Pittsburgh, as they were my absolute favourite team growing up.

So, news for Pittsburgh so far (correct me if I've missed anything, or made stuff up? this might include suposedly significant minor league deals that I misread somewhere and thought were relevant to our team this year)
Pittsburgh Penguins re-signed defenceman David Koci
Pittsburgh Penguins signed forward Konstantin Koltsov
**Pittsburgh Penguins signed forward John LeClair**
Pittsburgh Penguins re-signed defenceman Josef Melichar
Pittsburgh Penguins sign defenceman Steve Poapst
Pittsburgh Penguins re-signed forward Matt Hussey
Pittsburgh Penguins re-signed forward Guillaume Lefebvre
Pittsburgh re-signed minor league forward Colby Armstrong
Pittsburgh Penguins re-signed forward Shane Endicott
**Pittsburgh Penguins signed forward Andre Roy**
Pittsburgh Penguins signed forward Kris Beech
**Pittsburgh Penguins signed forward Ziggy Palffy**
**Pittsburgh Penguins signed defenseman Sergei Gonchar**
**Pittsburgh Penguins signed goaltender Jocelyn Thibault **
**Pittsburgh Penguins draft Sidney Crosby first over-all**

Already on the team, of course (mentioned only because I recognize their names and think they're decent players)
(f)Mario Lemieux
(f)Rico Fata (I had to mention him, as he was the London Knights' best player a number of years ago when I went to see them play every single Friday night)
(d)Mark Recchi
(g)Mark Andre Fleury

Here's to hoping we make the playoffs. With a team like this, we'll be finishing over .500 for sure :D

Edit: Heh... Mentioning Lemieux because I recognized his name and think he's a decent player might be a bit of an understatement :wink:

Last edited:
The NHL is like a circus at the moment...and I'm enjoying the ride! It seems like the new signings are spread around the league for a change, instead of the top players going to the richest teams. I think the Pens will be really interesting to watch, with the extra sharp focus on Crosby and Lemieux. They could create some magic with all those rule changes. I also think Edmonton has a pretty good team, and could similarly thrive in the 'new' NHL. As for my allegiances, I'm still looking for a team to root for. It just hasn't been the same for me since Wayne retired:sad:

GO HABS GO!!! They didn't really do a whole lot but I still think they'll be better this year than they were before the lockout. Vandemeere will had a shit load of toughness to the team. He'll become a fan favorite no doubt. Living in Alberta though I have bad news for you Oiler fans. There is no way they have improved their team the way Calgary has. Pronger and Peca don't do it. Pronger is good but they had to give up a top 4 defenceman to get a guy who is past his Prime. Same with Peca, he's well past his Prime in my opinion. It'll be interesting. My brother is an Oilers fan and he can't belive what Calgary has done. One good thing though is that the Leafs will end up as Canada's 8th best team. yeah that's right 8th best, the Jets and Nordiques will even finnish higher.:laugh:

Hallucination said:
GO HABS GO!!! They didn't really do a whole lot but I still think they'll be better this year than they were before the lockout. Vandemeere will had a shit load of toughness to the team. He'll become a fan favorite no doubt. Living in Alberta though I have bad news for you Oiler fans. There is no way they have improved their team the way Calgary has. Pronger and Peca don't do it. Pronger is good but they had to give up a top 4 defenceman to get a guy who is past his Prime. Same with Peca, he's well past his Prime in my opinion. It'll be interesting. My brother is an Oilers fan and he can't belive what Calgary has done. One good thing though is that the Leafs will end up as Canada's 8th best team. yeah that's right 8th best, the Jets and Nordiques will even finnish higher.:laugh:

I think Montreal will have a decent team...Ribeiro should have a good year, playing with all those talented and well-rested wingers. Zednik, Kovalev, Bulis...they're all decent players...Koivu...he's a great player. Hopefully Ryder has a good year, but it'll be tough to keep the momentum he had going from two years ago....I bet he'll start slow and get better throughout the season.

The Oilers will be better with Pronger, though he's injury prone. They've still got a fast team, and the thing that always impresses me is how they pick up young talent, like Yan Stastny....Peter Stastny's son. The Oilers always surprise, regardless of player moves....can't wait for the season to begin....I don't really have a favourite team per se, but I'm dying to see some action with the new rules and all....:drool:

Back
Top Bottom