NHL signing Frenzy!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dear Pax(etaurora) and the Penguins faithful,

I hope you are thoroughly enjoying the amount of talent heading to le Burgh de Pitts.

The undersigned (and still unsigned *wink wink*),

:sexywink:

cujo

Colorado signed Pierre Turgeon--what a small splash that made in NHL news! I love it--go after the big names, so they forget about the holes all over your team.

I am surprised about Forsberg--not that he jumped ship, but that he came back at all. For two years all Colorado heard was how he was leaving the NHL for Sweden. I guess there wasn't enough money on Mojo.

I think Adam Foote is a shameful loss. I would have bought out Blake's contract and kept Foote. Since the Blake trade was where the end began, I guess that's why they obsessively keep him. The Avs are going to be weak all over, but the defense is going to be particularly poor which will be quite amusing. Can I predict calls begging for Martin Skoula to return?

Since I don't have a team to root for, I may just spend all my energy HATING the Avalanche. :mac:

At the very least the Avalanche re-signed Hejduk to a long-term deal, and going with Brunette wasn't a bad move either.

I will still hate them with you though.

:)

Yes, Hejduk is the only thing that gives me pangs of conscience when it comes to my old team. He's one of my favorite players, as you know. ;)

I like Tanguay, too. I'm very glad he was resigned, they have treated him badly. I fear he's going to be plagued with hip problems though, which is more sad for him than his team. (And that, actually, is the Avs fault too if the rumors can be believed.) I wonder if he isn't just going to be used as trade bait, though...

I like that we will be united in our dislike. :hug:

cujo said:
Dear Pax(etaurora) and the Penguins faithful,

I hope you are thoroughly enjoying the amount of talent heading to le Burgh de Pitts.

The undersigned (and still unsigned *wink wink*),

cujo

Nevermind, we got PALFFY!!! We may just have the best power-play unit in hockey again.

Wow, Palffy too? They are pulling this money straight out of Mario's arse, but whatever. :D

Glad to see my VAST financial contributions to the Babies over the years are finally being put to good use. :up:

Why hate the Avalanche when you can hate the Stars? :wink:

(Just kidding, I know why...) :p

With all the craziness, I feel I may spend a lot of the early season not recognizing teams and saying, "Wait, So and So plays for who now???"

Hmm... I guess Osgood will be splitting time with Legace in net this season.

Not at the same time though.

That would be downright silly.

... or GENIUS.

The Penguins signed Sean Burke.

He will provide a stable foundation for Fleury (regardless of who is the predominant number one) and will keep the kid humble in the face of hype (even though Crosby will take the brunt of that). With all the adversity that Burke has had to deal with during his career, whether from being on teams who left him out to dry (both on and off the ice), or receiving less critical acclaim than he deserved, this new experience presents the best possible situation for the hard-working, aging fellow.

Good stuff and good luck.

Blah, the Canadiens resigned Ribeiro. Yes, he was our top scorer and all last season but...God, I hate that guy. I think the money could have been better spent on a free agent.

while it's nice to see any player land up anywhere in this new nhl, edmonton fans please beware...your team still sucks. :sexywink:

my precious canucks will look very similiar in terms of their roster this year, as they did before the nhl froze.

Zoomerang96 said:
while it's nice to see any player land up anywhere in this new nhl, edmonton fans please beware...your team still sucks. :sexywink:
sexywink THIS. :angry:

I got tickets today for a preseason game in my shitass town that matches up The Penguins vs. Caps.

fifth row...in the corner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom