NHL Playoffs - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2003, 06:43 PM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:36 AM
NHL Playoffs

Let's talk!

Now, I am pretty darn excited to have "MY" Minnesota Wild headed to the playoffs in their third season.

Who will you be cheering for - and who do you hope to see in the playoffs (match-ups)?

Predicitions for the Stanley Cup playoffs?

How about that Carolina squad!

Old 03-15-2003, 01:40 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:36 PM
Re: NHL Playoffs

It would be nice for Edmonton to finally break out of the Western Conference basement... who knows how well they would have done if they didn't have to play Dallas everytime they made the playoffs. (plus... I'm close enough I might be able to catch a game)

I'd like to see new teams advance... sick of New Jersey... (yes both the team and the Bon Jovi album)

Possibly a Stanley Cup in Canada... that would be good... but, I won't be disappointed if a hard-working team like Minnesota or Tampa Bay upsets a few division leaders...

I will be cheering for good hockey, and no lousy suspensions... (the diplomatic answer).

Old 03-15-2003, 02:18 AM   #3
Purgatory

vancouver ofcourse. todd bertuzzi
Old 03-15-2003, 02:23 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

My Prediction:

Death bear will jump over the boards at a Vancouver playoff game wearing only a sock... after an attempt to hug Todd Bertuzzi, death bear will be listed as day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
Old 03-15-2003, 04:11 PM   #5
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:36 PM
Old 03-15-2003, 09:31 PM   #6
Blue Crack Distributor

Normal *waits for wings haters to come out of the woodwork :yawn:

Let's Go Red Wings
Old 03-16-2003, 01:58 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:36 AM
It's really between these teams (in no particular order):

* Dallas
* Vancouver
* Ottawa
* Detroit
* Colorado

Of course, I'm going for Vancouver. I just hope the best line in the NHL can withstand the playoff checking, this year. Last year they were shut down. If Morrison, Naslund, and Bertuzzi can find a way to score, Vancouver should be very dangerous. It would be great to see the most entertaining team in the NHL (Vancouver) win the Stanley Cup. It would be great for hockey, and great for North America's #1 city. (I know that sounds obnoxious!)
Old 03-16-2003, 04:38 PM   #8
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:36 PM
I'm hoping it comes down to either Toronto or Ottawa and of course the Avs. Hopefully we can pull the fourth spot so we get home ice for the first round of the playoffs. Vancouver will be dangerous also though
Old 03-16-2003, 07:03 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Vancouver? They are a one line team that can't hit and has a suspect goalie. That may work ok in the regular season but they will be lucky to win 1 round in the playoffs where you gotta grind it out and 1 bad goal can kill you.

I see you left off the Blues as well which could be a mistake. Now that they have a decent goalie to go with 3 very strong scoring lines and a top notch defense that will only get better when Pronger returns, they could do some damage in the playoffs.

But anything can happen so it should be an interesting last couple weeks and post season, lets just hope the Red Wings don't win.
Old 03-16-2003, 07:54 PM   #10
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
lets just hope the Red Wings don't win.
Old 03-16-2003, 10:48 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Vancouver? They are a one line team that can't hit and has a suspect goalie. That may work ok in the regular season but they will be lucky to win 1 round in the playoffs where you gotta grind it out and 1 bad goal can kill you.

I see you left off the Blues as well which could be a mistake. Now that they have a decent goalie to go with 3 very strong scoring lines and a top notch defense that will only get better when Pronger returns, they could do some damage in the playoffs.

But anything can happen so it should be an interesting last couple weeks and post season, lets just hope the Red Wings don't win.
I thought that I'd pipe in for those Canuck fans, myself not included... they do actually have a very deep team that is capable of going many rounds in the playoffs... goaltending suspect? I don't think so... I would be more worried about that if I were a Blues fan...

Why has no one mentioned Anaheim?

Now that I laugh at Anaheim, they will probably advance to the Finals... I must say J-S Giguere is pretty good... I had an opportunity to see him quite a few times when he backed up in Calgary...

I just wanna see some playoff hockey... Calgary has had a drought far too long... the last playoff game I saw was Game 7 of the 1994 Western Conference Quarterfinals between Calgary and Vancouver... great game... (not for Calgary though).
Old 03-17-2003, 11:19 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:36 AM
i like anaheim for a couple of rounds. the stumpy thomas pickup is a stroke of genius.
i think the avs will overpower the wings, canucks and blues.

there is very little reason to think the sens are a different team that what has been annually eliminated from the dance. they airlifted in some toughness. but the teams which go harder, faster and stronger in the playoffs are those which have toughness and skill within the same players. that's why the east will come down, in my opinion, to toronto, philadelphia or perhaps the isles. im going to give the edge to my faves because the leafs have by far the most playoff proven goaltender in eddie belfour. eddie is only rivalled in the east by brodeur, who is deserving of getting another cup, but does not have a viable offence in front of him.
Old 03-17-2003, 01:38 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by kobayashi
i like anaheim for a couple of rounds. the stumpy thomas pickup is a stroke of genius.
i think the avs will overpower the wings, canucks and blues.

there is very little reason to think the sens are a different team that what has been annually eliminated from the dance. they airlifted in some toughness. but the teams which go harder, faster and stronger in the playoffs are those which have toughness and skill within the same players. that's why the east will come down, in my opinion, to toronto, philadelphia or perhaps the isles. im going to give the edge to my faves because the leafs have by far the most playoff proven goaltender in eddie belfour. eddie is only rivalled in the east by brodeur, who is deserving of getting another cup, but does not have a viable offence in front of him.
You really think the Mighty Ducks are gonna make it to the Western Conference Finals?? Maybe if they were in the Eastern Conference something like that could happen (see the Hurricanes last year), but not in the loaded Western Conference. They could very well end up with the 8th seed and face Detroit in the first round, facing Dallas or Colorado wouldn't be much easier.
And the Av's will overpower the Wings?? Detroit killed them this weekend, as they have everybody lately. It's definitely Detroits cup to lose this year (Im just hoping for one of Cujo's annual choke jobs).

The Eastern Conference playoffs isnt even worth watching, its like a tournament to see who will come in second. Unless of course the Ducks make it to the finals.
Old 03-17-2003, 04:58 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:36 AM
Quote:

You really think the Mighty Ducks are gonna make it to the Western Conference Finals?? Maybe if they were in the Eastern Conference something like that could happen (see the Hurricanes last year), but not in the loaded Western Conference. They could very well end up with the 8th seed and face Detroit in the first round, facing Dallas or Colorado wouldn't be much easier.
And the Av's will overpower the Wings?? Detroit killed them this weekend, as they have everybody lately. It's definitely Detroits cup to lose this year (Im just hoping for one of Cujo's annual choke jobs).

The Eastern Conference playoffs isnt even worth watching, its like a tournament to see who will come in second. Unless of course the Ducks make it to the finals.
i think roy will beat the wings. or better put, joseph wont be all that great come the third round. and yes i think the ducks could pull out a couple of series wins...i dont know why i just do .

if eddie belfour or brodeur got to the finals, they would give either of thier teams a good chance.
Old 03-17-2003, 05:23 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Well I agree about Cu-choke messing things up for the Wings, but you just said you think the Av's will beat the Red Wings in the 3rd round, and you also said the Ducks will win 2 rounds. So either they decided to go to a 3 team conference finals or I am missing something.