NHL Playoffs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you should see the blues message boards. everyone is peeing their pants in delight like we've already won the cup.

and hey i just had a hunch with the way colorado was playing and the canucks not having much recent experience as an "elite" team that they would surpass them. so maybe as an unbiased observer i was being realistic, as opposed to someone who was just thinking with their heart.

i cant wait for the playoffs to start now, its gonna be a lot of fun.

I'm just pissed Colorado won another Division title... I have nothing against the team, but enough already... there are three Canadian teams in that div, but they just seem to crap their pants in the face of Colorado every year... except that one year.

Chizip said:
you should see the blues message boards. everyone is peeing their pants in delight like we've already won the cup.

and hey i just had a hunch with the way colorado was playing and the canucks not having much recent experience as an "elite" team that they would surpass them. so maybe as an unbiased observer i was being realistic, as opposed to someone who was just thinking with their heart.

i cant wait for the playoffs to start now, its gonna be a lot of fun.
You should see the Canucks message boards. Same thing. Blues are like candy. Sometimes a sweet team to gobble up, but they dissolve far too quickly. Not only that, but they are so undisciplined. Combine that with dodgy goalteding, at best, and it should be another short stint in the playoffs for the Blues. Tissue?

EDMONTON V DALLAS!!!!!!!!

I cant wait!!!!!

I was hoping (dreaming) that Detroit would chole and they did!!!

This will be the best series of the season, like it is every year, and i (quote me on this) think Edmonton is going to make the upset and beat Dallas in 6. You heard it here!!!

Vancity really choked. They are in really tough againist the Blues now. I really think the Blues will take them in 6.

Here we go:

Dallas v Edmonton----Edmonton in 6
Detroit v Ducks---------Detroit in 5
Colorado v Minni-------Minni in 7
Van v Blues-------------Blues in 6

Edmonton v Detroit-------Detroit in 7
Blues v Minni---------------Blues in 6

Detroit v Blues------------Detroit in 6

I'm not a Vancity naysayer!!! I just think they will be really down after blowing the divison. It will be a great series though. Vancity might come out on top, i hope they do as the more CDN teams the better. In my fantasy i have vancity and edmonton facing off in the thrid round...ohhh i'm drolling!!!

Well if the Canucks are down, how about the Blues... they had the choice of who to play in the first round and apparently they were scared and bowed out of the Colorado game... hopefully for their fans sake Vancouver will "take it easy" on them...

but as Michael Griffiths once told me... "not bloody likely"... :wink:

if you're all soooooo confident that vancouver is gonna beat the blues, how about some sort of friendly wager. i just dont know what a wager could be, maybe a u2 bootleg or something of that sort, hmmmm.

unless you are chicken of course.

by the way, what is the best canucks message board? i don't post but always like to read what the other teams fans are saying during the playoffs or important games.

Last edited:
Chicken... nobody calls me chicken.

How about the loser has to write a thread about the winning team... a page or so on why the team is so great. No sarcasm allowed... this way no one loses any money. I think that dignity is a more hilarious thing to lose Blues brother.

alright, and then also has to write loser on their forehead with a permanent marker and then take a pic and post it on here

so whats a good canucks message board boy?

that's a little harsh...

the loser has to also post a legitimate PLEBAn thread... no markers.

they have to take a picture of their butt, and write bono on it and post it in pleba

Chizip - there will be no naked butts in this thread. I won't write loser on my forehead either...but I will do as Cujo suggested and write a page long summery of why the other team is so great without sarcasm (if a team wins a series when they are as mismatched as the Blues are to the Canucks, who needs sarcasm? :wink: - haha!! joshing, joshing!). No, seriously, a friendly wager like that sounds cool.

The best Canucks message board (and other sports message boards) are located at:

http://www.sportsnet.ca

You need to click on "Fan Forums" located under "Site Features" and if you want only the Canuck threads, you need to go to the top right hand corner entitled "Quck Links" (in fan forums), where you'll see a listing of Canadian team discussions.

Which bootlegs do you have, out of curiousity? I've only got 4.

if the canucks lose angel has to post a pic of her butt

hmm, with maybe "blues" on one cheek and "rule" on the other

Bbug said:
:reject:
I'm a Bruins fan...
:reject:
looks like another first round exit for my B's...

Hey the East is cool sometimes... I think the B's are capable of an upset if Hackett can Hack it... if he's even playing. Since there has been a little favoritism towards the Best (oops, I mean the West)... here's something for those SandinEastas...

Islanders vs. Senators:
Sens will win... nuff said. Must be because the Islander's gave away the best goalie in the league
:wink: .

Bruins vs. Devils:
This is for you Wanderer... Devils in 6, that's right... Devils will lose in six :wink:

Lightning vs. Capitals
Doesn't seem like the Caps from the cup run a while back... so I'll go Tampa in 7.

Flyers vs. Maple Leafs
First ever tied series in playoff history...

for me... it's the way Detroit consistently play dirty. :angry:

And yes... perhaps success breeds contempt. They kicked my Canucklheads asses last year.

yes they are very dirty, and buy their way to championships, and something about their red jersies, gets me very....pisssssed......offfffff :mad::mad::mad:

oh and how they proclaim themselves as "hockeytown", give me a break, any hockeytown would have to be in canada, those people are nuts. detroit is full of bandwagon fans, not as bad as colorado, but close.

:mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Arg, I missed the beginning of playoff talk! Stupid homework.

Anyway, Colorado's going to beat Minnesota in 5.

I don't have any other predictions...I just want Dallas to lose.

I noticed something really interesting the other day when Colorado was playing St. Louis. Normally, I dislike both of these teams about equally. (Hate is such a strong word ... eh, I'll use it anyway. ;) ) So I was watching the game, and normally, watching such games, I have a hard time deciding who I want to win, because I want neither team to win. But this time, something was different.

It took me about 2 seconds, and I was like, "AVALANCHE!!!!!! Wooooo!"

I stopped to question. Why would that be? And then it hit me.

Chizip!

You really deserve some sort of commendation - now I hate the Blues about 10 times more than I did only, say, a month ago. Even if I hadn't disliked them before, I now would want them to lose, if only to piss you off. I just found this revelation really entertaining. I'm currently not sure whether I want them to lose in the first round, just so I don't have to watch them for longer than I have to - or whether I'd rather see them stick around until the Wings can kick their asses. Again. And again. And then some more.

:macdevil:

(Also, AvsGirl - I can't wait for Dallas to lose either. :) )

I don't mind Detroit now that I know Minnesota doesn't have to play them!!!!!

Well, I will be at both Wild Home games - and some silly gathering at the arena Thursday night for the first game.

don't get too confident AVSGirl41................every time I have seen the two teams play, Colorado hasn't faired well.

GO WILD!!!!

*Thinks about changing his avatar

Back
Top Bottom