NHL Playoffs - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2003, 02:51 AM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo
Regardless, Cujo definitly is a Canadian sunofabiotch.
I don't think that point was in contention... (my comments only further confirm that)

and Chizip don't worry... I've said so many things that have been taken out of context; it's refreshing to see someone else can find humor in an other wise touchy subject...

Anyways, back to hockey...

What's with Minnesota? Those assholes look like they got a good team... good, but boring.

Old 03-25-2003, 02:52 AM   #77
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by cujo

good, but boring.
Just like your mom

Old 03-25-2003, 02:59 AM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
u2 is good, hockey is good, u2+hockey = great

i dont like hockey mascots
i wouldnt mind hockey cheerleaders
canadians are sunsabitches
Well... can't argue with any of that... but I do think that Harvey the Hound is quite entertaining... hockey cheerleaders... we all know you just want to try out. You want to wave the white towel for the Blues and sing the goal celebration...

Do the Blues have a mascot... maybe it should be a Lemming, seeing as St. Louis always seems to fall off a cliff during the playoffs... I wouldn't mind throwing you off the second tier bleachers...(that was a joke to clarify)
Old 03-25-2003, 03:08 AM   #79
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:28 AM
Cujo, ah, so were you too young to remember Gretzky then? I would have given anything to see him play in his prime. I did see him when he still had the magic in '92. I went to Disneyland and watched the Kings play the Canadiens. He had 4 points that night against Patrick Roy (wife beater or not ).
Old 03-25-2003, 03:09 AM   #80
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:28 AM
Quote:
Let there be no further comment on what me and Chizip have said
This reminds me of the Simpsons where the real Seymour Skinner showed up to Springfield, yet they didnt like the guy so they shipped him off on a train and the judge was like, "Let us never speak of this incident ever again." (or something like that)

we dont need mascots to get us pumped up, the fans can do it on their own, thank ya very much. we do have a really fat guy in the stands where they play some fast music and he just starts shaking really fast, i mean he goes bezerk, shaking like a mad man, and the crowd really gets into it, kind of weird. if we were to have a mascot id hope it would be a sunuvabitch, then people in the crowd could be like, hey here comes the sunuvabitch, or there goes that sunuvabitch. i should probably try out for that job.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:11 AM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Only in St. Louis.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:18 AM   #82
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Griffiths
Cujo, ah, so were you too young to remember Gretzky then? I would have given anything to see him play in his prime. I did see him when he still had the magic in '92. I went to Disneyland and watched the Kings play the Canadiens. He had 4 points that night against Patrick Roy (wife beater or not ).
I do remember Gretzky in Edmonton, but didn't have the privilege of seeing him... we had to do this class project one time where we had to give reasons why we were thankful for the Oilers... fan propaganda started at an early age...

Even though I didn't see him, I've got lots of Gretz stuff... have you always been a canucker... I was really a hardcore supporter of Kirk Mclean and Trevor Linden. I would've given anything to see any of those finals games...

Quote:
This reminds me of the Simpsons where the real Seymour Skinner showed up to Springfield, yet they didnt like the guy so they shipped him off on a train and the judge was like, "Let us never speak of this incident ever again."
... maybe it's said but I thought that was very appropriate. Simpson's references are always welcome... except for that episode where they totally diss hockey. The one where they went to Toronto was unsettling, as it was too true.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:22 AM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I've always cheered for Vancouver because I've always lived in BC, but the first team I cheered for was the Canadiens, if you can believe it - starting in '89 when they went to the finals against Calgary and lost to them. I loved watching Patrick Roy back then. Then I became I Gretzky fan, and cheered for LA, if you can believe it, and ironically enough, they lost to Patrick Roy and the Canadiens in the 93 finals. I felt so sorry for Gretz.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:23 AM   #84
Blue Crack Addict

Oh man, America Jr was faaaantastic.

"American currency?? What time do you want your breakfast sir!"

I thought Canadians would hate this episode, but you gotta be able to laugh at yourself or else you'll go crazy. I know the person I make fun of the most is myself.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:29 AM   #85
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Then I became I Gretzky fan
So were you a Blues fan during his time in St. Louis?

I hate Gretzky, he said he was looking forward to finish his career in St. Louis, then left during free agency during the offseason. And he coughed up the puck that led to Yzerman scoring from the blue line in game 7 of the playoffs. Gretzky is not a sunuvabitch, he's a jerk off
Old 03-25-2003, 03:30 AM   #86
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Chizip - do you know the real reason why he left St. Louis?
Old 03-25-2003, 03:36 AM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
you gotta be able to laugh at yourself or else you'll go crazy. I know the person I make fun of the most is myself.
exactly, you hoser.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:39 AM   #88
Blue Crack Addict

He's a baby. He didn't like playing for Keenan. And then managament pulled their contract off the table after a terrible 8-3 loss to detroit in the playoffs. Only after they did that did he start doing squat, but his ego was so bruised he decided right then he wouldnt resign with us. So good riddance I say.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:41 AM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
He's a baby. He didn't like playing for Keenan. And then managament pulled their contract off the table after a terrible 8-3 loss to detroit in the playoffs. Only after they did that did he start doing squat, but his ego was so bruised he decided right then he wouldnt resign with us. So good riddance I say.
you better not be talking about cujo you sunovabitch
I don't think anyone has had a ceremonious exit from St. Louis whilst Mike Keenan was coach.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:43 AM   #90
Rock n' Roll Doggie

You know he led the Blues in scoring during the playoffs right? Anyway, Keenan reemed him out in front of the entire team after they lost. He was singled out and blamed for the team losing. That's not cool. He was their best and most valuable player all playoffs. So, yeah, he was the Sensitive One. And that was perfectly understandable.