NHL Playoffs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
haha, no I was talking about Gretzky.

I loved cujo and he didnt want to leave St. Louis so Ill always have a soft spot for him in my heart. I'll always remember the press conference when they announced they traded him. Keenan said something like he was overweight or something, thats why they got rid of him, and a reporter asked him about this, and Cujo said to the reporters, "I don't know, you guys see me naked everyday, do I look out of shape?" Great line, I love that sunuvabitch.

That crazy sunovabitch... I don't think he'd be as good as he is today (cujo) if he wasn't ousted by Keenan... I think a lot of players respond to criticism and pressure...

Well Greztky was sucking in the playoffs until they pulled his contract off the table. Once they did that he got on fire, so maybe Gretzky should have realized maybe they just did it to get him going. Although if you are the greatest hockey player of all time I could see why youd be pissed. But he still gave away the puck that cost us the series, so for that Ill always be mad.

i dont really like keenan either, he used the criticism tactic a little too often. he probably wouldnt have won a cup without messier either, what has he done since then? nothing. he's a jackass.

Last edited:
Chizip said:
i dont really like keenan either, he used the criticism tactic a little too often. he probably wouldnt have won a cup without messier either, what has he done since then? nothing. he's a jackass.

You all of a sudden make sense... maybe this Blue's fan isn't lost after all...

Yeah, I'd be pissed too. You don't do that right in the middle of a series. It shows no class on the behalf of the organization. Gretz was never motivated by money in that way anyway. He was all about the competition. He took a giant pay cut (5 million) to go to the Rangers just so he could play with Messier. The Canucks were offering him 7 million to sign with them! That would have been a lethal line combo: Bure and Mogilny, centered by Gretzky. Can you imagine that powerplay? Gretz would have won the scoring title that year had he signed. As it was, he ended up in New York with no one to pass to. He finished his first season in NY 4th in scoring. Same with his second season.

I think someone mentioned something about minnesota while ago which I forgot to respond to. What I find amazing is the Blues have 2 players who arent playing right now because they are injured who combined are paid more than the entire Minnesota team! (Pronger and Tkachuk) Its amazing we are in a battle with a team with such a small payroll for the same playoff seed. I think Lemaire has gotta win coach of the year, even if it's boring hockey.

I was really disappointed by Gretzky's retirement... I don't think he should have gone to New York... on a related note:

New York = missing playoffs again.

Coach of the year is hard...

you gotta think of John Tortorella, Jacques Martin, and a lot of the "first-time in a while" playoff teams...

Do I hear a Jack Adam's thread approaching?

What the hell time is it where you guys are, its 4 am here, shouldnt you guys be sleeping or something?

Yeah, Gretz could have played another couple years, but he had no one to play with in NY and he was too classy to ask for a trade. It would have been great to see him go back to Edmonton for one more season. Even Toronto.

I have classes at the Uni too, and it's 2:00 here... probably should go to bed but oh well...

Yeah I got class at 11:15 and here I am talking about hockey on a U2 board at 4:10 am, probably not the most constructive thing to be doing right now.

Chizip said:

we dont need mascots to get us pumped up, the fans can do it on their own, thank ya very much. we do have a really fat guy in the stands where they play some fast music and he just starts shaking really fast, i mean he goes bezerk, shaking like a mad man, and the crowd really gets into it, kind of weird. if we were to have a mascot id hope it would be a sunuvabitch, then people in the crowd could be like, hey here comes the sunuvabitch, or there goes that sunuvabitch. i should probably try out for that job.

Colorado has something eerily similar...they had this guy thay danced to "Cotton Eyed Joe" and "Thank God I'm a Country Boy." Then he quit to pursue show-biz :lol: And now we have a big fat guy who bounces around doing it, with the original making cameo appearences when he has to eat.

We had Howler the Yeti for awhile. Supposedly, he was retired a few years ago due to an incident with a fan in the parking lot. Which is very odd, because I do remember seeing him last season. Whoever was in the suit definitely was a jackass. He liked to try and drag girls off to his snow cave.

I always wanted a job as a hockey mascot. Get paid for attending the games! But you'd smell worse than the players at the end of the night.

AvsGirl41 said:

We had Howler the Yeti for awhile. Supposedly, he was retired a few years ago due to an incident with a fan in the parking lot. Which is very odd, because I do remember seeing him last season. Whoever was in the suit definitely was a jackass. He liked to try and drag girls off to his snow cave.

Yeti! Ewww... you've been to the Yeti cave...
come on... you left that one open AvsGirl... even worse so than the whole Bryan Marchment fiasco.

AvsGirl41 said:

Colorado has something eerily similar...they had this guy thay danced to "Cotton Eyed Joe" and "Thank God I'm a Country Boy." Then he quit to pursue show-biz :lol: And now we have a big fat guy who bounces around doing it, with the original making cameo appearences when he has to eat.

I always wanted a job as a hockey mascot. Get paid for attending the games! But you'd smell worse than the players at the end of the night.
Don't forget me and my friends dancing and kicking it Vanilla Ice style:lol:

We have made the tron and even Fox Sports a few times :sexywink:

cujo said:

Yeti! Ewww... you've been to the Yeti cave...
come on... you left that one open AvsGirl... even worse so than the whole Bryan Marchment fiasco.

:laugh:

It's a little known fact that Bryan Marchment actually was Howler.

Cajun said:
Don't forget me and my friends dancing and kicking it Vanilla Ice style.

Oh Cajun, Cajun, Cajun...
and to think of all the energy I wasted on free-stylin with you. I think a part of me died today... word to your mother.

Once the final matchups are set up we'll have to make our predictions... looks like the West is getting closer to resolution, and those damn Rangers are all but eliminated... it's just a matter of time...

Well we can predict the final standings:

Dallas
Detroit
Colorado
Vancouver
St. Louis
Minnesota
Edmonton
Anaheim

Stars over Ducks in 5
Wings over Edmonton in 5
Colorado over Minnesota in 7
St. Louis over Vancouver in 6
Then

Dallas
Detroit
Colorado
St. Louis

St. Louis over Dallas in 6
Detroit over Colorado in 6

Then

St. Louis over Detroit in 7

Then St. Louis over Philly in 5

And then I will be happy.

(This is my dream scenario and will revise playoff picks when the regular season has concluded.)

cujo said:

Oh Cajun, Cajun, Cajun...
and to think of all the energy I wasted on free-stylin with you. I think a part of me died today... word to your mother.
Hey man when they start playing it through the arena you can either sit on your butt like a dork or get up and kick that shiznit freestlye!

Cajun said:

Hey man when they start playing it through the arena you can either sit on your butt like a dork or get up and kick that shiznit freestlye!

You're ok in my book... as long as you don't get down to the rhythm of Cottoned-Eyed Joe... oh how I loathe that song.

Too cold... too cold...

Guess who's back? Back again? Pronger's back! Tell a friend.

That's right my friends, the MVP defenseman will return to the Blues this Saturday against the Wings. What a glorious day as this will change the tides of the Western Conference. The Blues will rock the Red Wings on Saturday, sending them on a downward spiral, and by season's end the Blues be in 1st in the division. How sweet its gonna be. Not to mention Valeri Bure playing his first game with the Blues, finally giving Weight a pure goal scorer to set up. Once we get Tkachuk back and some people back from suspensions we will finallllllly be close to having our full team for the first time this year. Watch Out everybody, watch out. :evil:

Chizip said:
What a glorious day as this will change the tides of the Western Conference. The Blues will rock the Red Wings on Saturday, sending them on a downward spiral, and by season's end the Blues be in 1st in the division.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa!

Okay, sorry. ;) But that was pretty entertaining. Out of control, but entertaining.

AHHHHHHHHH, I FUCKING HATE THE RED WINGS, CHEATING, LYING, ADULTERING, COMMUNIST, SADDAM SYMPATHIZING, DOG LICKING, SHIT EATING, HORSE FUCKING, PIECES OF SCUM SHIT!!! WELL IF WE CANT BEAT THEM AT LEAST WE BEAT THEIR ASSES, GODDAM THEM STRAIGHT TO HELL.

but hey we'll beat em when it counts, in the playoffs, so im not worried.

Chizip said:
Well we can predict the final standings:

Dallas
Detroit
Colorado
Vancouver
St. Louis
Minnesota
Edmonton
Anaheim

Stars over Ducks in 5
Wings over Edmonton in 5
Colorado over Minnesota in 7
St. Louis over Vancouver in 6
Then

Dallas
Detroit
Colorado
St. Louis

St. Louis over Dallas in 6
Detroit over Colorado in 6

Then

St. Louis over Detroit in 7

Then St. Louis over Philly in 5

And then I will be happy.

(This is my dream scenario and will revise playoff picks when the regular season has concluded.)
It's a dream all right. RALMFAO!! Philly??? Vancouver in 4th place???

Well, I can predict the final standings, too (but this time we'll dip into a little realsm;)):

Detroit
Dallas
Vancouver
Colorado
St. Louis
Anaheim
Minnesota
Edmonton

Detroit over Edmonton in 6 (unfortunately)
Minnesota over Dallas in 7 (there's always one upset)
Vancouver over Anaheim in 5
Colorado over St. Louis in 5 (oh, did I just say that? ;))

Detroit
Vancouver
Colorado
Minnesota

Detroit over Minnesota in 6
Vancouver over Colorado in 7

Then Vancouver over Detroit in 6

Then Vancouver over Ottawa in 6 for the Cup win!

(This is my realistic scenario, and I too will revise my playoff picks when the season concludes.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom