NHL Playoffs - Page 28 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2003, 08:30 PM   #406
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
well that is easy to say but if you look at the past 9 stanley cup champions

Detroit
Colorado
New Jersey
Dallas
Detroit
Detroit
Colorado
New Jersey
NY Rangers

Can I just say how much I LOVE how many times Detroit's name appears on that list?

Old 05-08-2003, 08:37 PM   #407
Blue Crack Addict

no

Old 05-08-2003, 08:43 PM   #408
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
no

Yes I can.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:57 PM   #409
Blue Crack Addict

Old 05-09-2003, 03:56 AM   #410
Blue Crack Addict

Old 01-04-2004, 06:37 AM   #411
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Griffiths
You know he led the Blues in scoring during the playoffs right? Anyway, Keenan reemed him out in front of the entire team after they lost. He was singled out and blamed for the team losing. That's not cool. He was their best and most valuable player all playoffs. So, yeah, he was the Sensitive One. And that was perfectly understandable.
actually, he reemed him after they lost the third game 8-3. he hadnt done jackcrap in the playoffs until then, but after keenan called him out he played great. maaaaaybe thats just great coaching and gretzky shouldnt be such a douche?
Old 01-04-2004, 09:58 PM   #412
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:58 PM
Whoa, a little late on the reply aren't we? Can'te believe I'm falling into your little trap, but once again I cannot resist temptation...

Gretzky played like crap until Keenan reemed him out? Oh? Is that why he led the Blues in scoring after the 1st round (they played Detroit in the 2nd round) and led the league in playoff assists?

Yeah.
Old 01-05-2004, 05:48 PM   #413
Blue Crack Addict

you fool

he played like crap for the first few games of the detroit series, why else would they pull the contract off the table and keenan call him out, because he was playing great? sheesh, take the blinders off.

besides, if he was true to his word of wanting to finish his career in st louis, why didnt he sign the contract he was offered in the first place? it was a better deal then the one he eventually took in new york. ill tell ya why, cause he is a jackass.
Old 01-05-2004, 06:58 PM   #414
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
you fool

he played like crap for the first few games of the detroit series, why else would they pull the contract off the table and keenan call him out, because he was playing great? sheesh, take the blinders off.

besides, if he was true to his word of wanting to finish his career in st louis, why didnt he sign the contract he was offered in the first place? it was a better deal then the one he eventually took in new york. ill tell ya why, cause he is a jackass.
Gretzky doesn't play for teams who have no class. You don't single out (your feaking leading scorer!) by placing all the blame on him in front of the rest of the team. You talk to him behind closed doors, not humiliate and degrade him in front of his teammates. You forget to mention that the entire team was playing like crap, and also forgot to mention Gretzky scored the *only* goal in a 1-0 win on a breakaway in game 5. You say Gretzky started to play well at that point. Too bad none of the other Blues followed suite.

Gretzky had every intention of finishing his career in St. Louis, which is why he said he would when he was traded there. His wife is from there, and they were in the middle of looking for a house when Keenan reemed him out. Gretzky decided to take a pay cut in NY (not all players play just for the money), because he wanted to play for a team who actually appreciated him, and play with Mark Messier again. Those two factors, among I'm sure many others, contributed to that decision. Gretzky never looked back, finishing in the top 4 scoring in each of the followng two seasons in NY.
Old 01-05-2004, 07:53 PM   #415
Blue Crack Addict

his dream was to play with brett hull

then his dream was to play with mark messier

what a jackass
Old 01-05-2004, 07:56 PM   #416
Blue Crack Addict

oh also, i guess gretzky played the entire defense and was also goalie for the 1-0 win if he was the only one that played well

i was actually glad he left though, because it was his turnover in game 7 in double ot that led to the loss, all the hard work and effort put up by the entire team that season was down the drain because of his lazy play in the neutral zone.

good riddance i say.
Old 01-05-2004, 08:04 PM   #417
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
oh also, i guess gretzky played the entire defense and was also goalie for the 1-0 win if he was the only one that played well

i was actually glad he left though, because it was his turnover in game 7 in double ot that led to the loss, all the hard work and effort put up by the entire team that season was down the drain because of his lazy play in the neutral zone.

good riddance i say.
Without Gretzky, the Blues wouldn't have even reached game 7... actually, they wouldn't have even beaten the Maple Leafs in the first round! Round 1 was all Gretzky, as his league leading point total after the 1st round attested to.

As for the 1-0 game, if Gretzky didn't score, they would have lost. You need to score a goal to win a game, or do they do things differently in St. Louis? It would have been nice if just ONE other Blue stepped up and put the puck in the net... but once again, it's all left up to Wayne and he delivered - and then took all the blame (from the fans, too, it turns out) anyway.... proving once again, the Blues have no class.
Old 01-05-2004, 08:11 PM   #418
Blue Crack Addict

please, the blues are one of the classiest organizations in the nhl, the players always mention how it is great to be with such a classy organization

they may not be winners, but they do things the right way

although back then of course i didnt always agree with everything keenan did, but thats why i respect al macinnis so much. he stuck through it, never complained or said a bad word publicly about what was going on, just went on and did his work. he is the epitome of class and what an nhl player should be, unlike someone else we know .
Old 01-05-2004, 08:15 PM   #419
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Why must you always bring Doug Weight into these discussions?
Old 01-05-2004, 11:25 PM   #420
Refugee

Local Time: 09:58 AM
Not a fan of Keenan myself...