NHL Playoffs - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2003, 10:20 PM   #241
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:55 PM
ohhh....a hockey avatar. good idea.

Old 04-08-2003, 10:35 PM   #242
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:55 PM
I want to use my Forsberg one but it's too big. So I had to use that one instead

Old 04-08-2003, 11:47 PM   #243
Refugee

Local Time: 02:55 PM
Cujo,

Oiler's and Leaf's fan? Get rid of those pesky red wings and we can talk lol

I wish i was going to an oiler's playoff game.....you're too lucky man.

What do you think will happen in the Leafs vs. Flyers series?

Go Leafs!
Go Oilers!
Old 04-09-2003, 12:57 AM   #244
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Cajun
I want to use my Forsberg one but it's too big. So I had to use that one instead
I'd shrink you a Foppa, but my computer just about had a stroke making Skoula small.

Maybe Dave Reid will be lucky though! We had him last Cup win!

Finally, another Avs fan is here.
Old 04-09-2003, 01:39 AM   #245
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Edgeman
Cujo,

Oiler's and Leaf's fan? Get rid of those pesky red wings and we can talk lol

I wish i was going to an oiler's playoff game.....you're too lucky man.

What do you think will happen in the Leafs vs. Flyers series?

Go Leafs!
Go Oilers!
I'm obligated to cheer for Detroit for obvious reasons, but I do respect the hockey club. As for getting the tickets I got them on ticketmaster's website, which was entirely screwed up that day. No confirmation messages were sent to me, and up until my credit card maxed out on tickets did I realize I had any... at one point I had eight tix to the game... glad I don't now though.

As for the Leafs vs. Flyers, that's probably the toughest to call. If Toronto can stay healthy and all their new offensive defensemen attempt some shot blocks, the Leafs might do it. I don't think that goaltending is going to be the difference, it will probably come down to depth and how much the third and fourth lines contribute. Toronto has an edge in forward depth, so look for the Leafs in seven (those seven gamers are draining my friend). The only problem with this series... whoever wins will be so wasted that they'll probably be picked off by New Jersey in the next round.

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's POPAngel
You know it's spring when everyone suddenly has hockey sigs/avatars, lol.
I think of it as my playoff beard. Except it's easier to manage and food doesn't get stuck in it. Come on everybody, let's see more of those playoff sig/avatars...
Old 04-09-2003, 02:37 AM   #246
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by cujo

Toronto has an edge in forward depth, so look for the Leafs in seven (those seven gamers are draining my friend).

You've gotta be kidding right!! More depth at the forward postion?

rechhi, Leclair, Amonte, Gagne, Roenick, Primeou, Lapointe, Kappenen. Compared to what...Roberts, moginly, sundin, antropov(? maybe), Nolan....No way the edge goes totally in favor of Philly.
Old 04-09-2003, 02:45 AM   #247
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by bonoman

You've gotta be kidding right!! More depth at the forward postion?

rechhi, Leclair, Amonte, Gagne, Roenick, Primeou, Lapointe, Kappenen. Compared to what...Roberts, moginly, sundin, antropov(? maybe), Nolan....No way the edge goes totally in favor of Philly.
I was talking in terms of situation... the reality is most of the Leafs are recovering from injury so the lower lines will have to pick up the slack... Seeing as Ken Hitchcock is a line-matching coach, you probably won't see the Flyers top line against guys like Reichel and Stajan... also your list is forgetting a lot of pluggers like Domi, Tucker, Corson, Green (if healthy), and Paul Healey (who had a decent playoff last year); all of which can play quality minutes if required. Last year the Leafs playoff point leaders were Roberts and McCauley, where Alyn was a fourth line guy, go figure... also, if you're talking depth, you may want to see the distribution in goals across the Flyers line-up, who as you probably know scored the fewest goals of Eastern Conference playoff teams. I shouldn't be bad-mouthing Philly, my cousin is Marty Murray... yet I still won't cheer for them.

If you're comparing lines of guys like Murray and Brashear vs. the Leafs extras... I'd definitely give the Leafs secondary lines the edge. I'm sensing that you're not a Leaf fan... oh well, most of my opinions are biased.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:03 AM   #248
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by AvsGirl41

I'd shrink you a Foppa, but my computer just about had a stroke making Skoula small.

Maybe Dave Reid will be lucky though! We had him last Cup win!

Finally, another Avs fan is here.
I shall switch to Alex I think
Old 04-09-2003, 04:47 PM   #249
Refugee

No i dont mind the leafs, i'm not like most of Canada who hates them but philly is a really deep team and alot of people like to think Toronto is deep but really alot of their players are 3rd and 4th liners while phillys got players who could be top two on any other team.

But it will be a great series. Also if i had the choice i would love Toronto to win a cup just because, and as annoying as leafs fan can be and lead media can be, they do support their team and deserve something to cheer about,.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:47 PM   #250
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:55 PM
The Canucks Will Win The Cup!!

Here's the predictions by the Sportsnet panel:
http://www2.sportsnet.ca/nhl/playoffs03/hc_picks.shtml

Notice that not one person picked St. Louis as a cup winner or even finalist?

However, Vancouver is predicted to win the CUP!! You know they must be good when even the analysts are picking them.
Old 04-09-2003, 10:07 PM   #251
Blue Crack Addict

Nick Kypreos an expert?

buahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaa

and lets see, the "expert" that picked the canucks to win it also picked philly to make it to the finals. if i recall correctly, you think philly is a stupid pick:

Quote:
It's a dream all right. RALMFAO!! Philly???
soooooooo, just seeing him pick philly he should lose all credibility for you shouldnt he, since you made fun of me for it. this would thus render the canucklehead pick useless.

in reality predictions mean nothing, all the "experts" pick different teams. you gotta play the games, just look at tonight. 3 out of 4 of the road teams picked up the victory tonight, pretty impressive. let's just hope this trend continues tomorrow night.

is ottawa the biggest bunch of chokers or what? every year, its like clock work

and mike, did you see my wager?

whoever wins gets to make a sig and/or avatar for the other person to use until their team is knocked out of the playoffs?

what do you say?
Old 04-09-2003, 10:31 PM   #252
Refugee

Woohooo! The Oil and the Leafs pull out victorious tonight! Life is good right now

p.s. where do you guys get all the hockey stuff for the sigs and avatars?
Old 04-09-2003, 10:51 PM   #253
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:55 PM
Edgeman, I was wondering the same thing! I don't even know how to attach a sig/avatar!!

And Chizip, yes, John Garrett's pick of Philadelphia is ridiculous. haha. Though they do have some good players and are coached by Hitchcock. Well, pretty much everyone in the East sucks, so Philly is really no worse than anyone else. So upon thinking on this matter a bit more, I guess he hasn't lost any credibility after all. I just forgot how deceptive an Eastern Conference "elite" year really is. Take the #1 Ottawa Senators, for example. If they were in the Western Conference, they wouldn't have won the President's trophy, but would have finished 4th or 5th or so.
Old 04-09-2003, 10:53 PM   #254
Kid A

you forgot to talk about the defending Eastern Conference champs!
Old 04-09-2003, 11:29 PM   #255
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Griffiths
Edgeman, I was wondering the same thing! I don't even know how to attach a sig/avatar!!
Well, I don't know how to put a picture in my sig, I must be an idiot.

But to put an avatar, go into "User CP" and then into "options." The thing to add an avatar is at the bottom. You can upload an image there too.

Edgeman, I just shrunk a Skoula photo ridiculously tiny. I don't know where everyone else is getting their stuff! You can shrink any photo tiny enough to be an avatar though.