NHL Play-Offs - ALL First Round Discussion HERE - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 04-24-2003, 06:10 PM   #421
New Yorker
Local Time: 03:43 PM
Originally posted by zonelistener

First: Avs fans have NO class - it was REALLY crappy to see them throw stuff on to the ice after game seven. How immature can you really be? I have seen that at H.S. hockey games - but at an NHL game? Sore losers. With crappy fans like that - Avs don't deserve to win.
A small minority of fans. Most of the ones close enough to throw stuff are simply white trash who work for the corporate sponsers and get free tickets. They don't represent all of us, so I don't think it's fair to label us all.

One of the Detroit-Avs games last season, they were throwing stuff on our play-by-play announcers, so it doesn't just happen in evil Colorado.

I also saw some Wild fans shouting insults at Avs fans when the game was over. I have nothing against trash talking a team, but to start attacking their fans is just plain nasty. The Avs fans were visibly upset, so it wasn't just friendly teasing. But did I come here and label all Wild fans as crappy? No.

Old 04-24-2003, 06:10 PM   #422
love, blood, life
Local Time: 04:43 PM

Originally posted by Michael Griffiths
I don't think it had much to do with luck. I think the Avs simply underestimated their opponent and, like the Blues, took it a little too easy after they found themselves up 3 games to 1. I really hope Vancouver doesn't make the same mistake, but I think they're on the right track now.
I think the Canucks and Wild are a better match! I don't think it will be the most exciting hockey - but I will be there in front of the TV for every game!

As for the Avs, it just goes to show, don't get too high on yourself! You'll end up having lame fans throwing stuff on the ice after they lose.

Old 04-24-2003, 06:25 PM   #423
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:43 PM
Now, now.
Old 04-24-2003, 06:55 PM   #424
Rock n' Roll Doggie
I think every team has their share of bad fans. I've seen a lot of bad behavior over the years.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:51 AM   #425
Blue Crack Distributor
Local Time: 05:43 PM
Man, those Ducks are on fire.

I have a feeling all these overtime games will catch up to them, though.
Old 04-25-2003, 05:29 PM   #426
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Overtime won't catch up with them if they continue to win... if they sweep every series then they'll have played just as many games, in terms of minutes, as everyone else.

Besides, the motivation and confidence they get from winning games like that can carry them all the way. This team is very familiar... reminds me of the Habs of 93...

I have to say this (although I loathe it)... Go Ducks.
Old 04-25-2003, 05:50 PM   #427
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:43 PM
I hope every game between the Stars and the Ducks goes to O.T. and I also hope the Ducks lose in 7. If I were Vancouver, I would rather play a beat up and tired Stars team than the Kookie Quakers. I honestly believe that the Canucks outmatch Dallas in many ways, from overall speed to hitting. I just don't think the Stars want it badly enough this year, where as if the Ducks get a sniff of the Stanley Cup, they'd be formiddable to say the least (already are actually). So, yes, go Ducks, but lose in 7 after tiring out the Stars. Thank-you Anaheim.

By the way, I'm not assuming a Canucks victory over Minnesota. I'm expecting it. Big difference.