NHL Play-Offs - ALL First Round Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zonelistener said:

First: Avs fans have NO class - it was REALLY crappy to see them throw stuff on to the ice after game seven. How immature can you really be? I have seen that at H.S. hockey games - but at an NHL game? Sore losers. With crappy fans like that - Avs don't deserve to win.

:mad: A small minority of fans. Most of the ones close enough to throw stuff are simply white trash who work for the corporate sponsers and get free tickets. They don't represent all of us, so I don't think it's fair to label us all.

One of the Detroit-Avs games last season, they were throwing stuff on our play-by-play announcers, so it doesn't just happen in evil Colorado.

I also saw some Wild fans shouting insults at Avs fans when the game was over. I have nothing against trash talking a team, but to start attacking their fans is just plain nasty. The Avs fans were visibly upset, so it wasn't just friendly teasing. But did I come here and label all Wild fans as crappy? No.

Michael Griffiths said:
I don't think it had much to do with luck. I think the Avs simply underestimated their opponent and, like the Blues, took it a little too easy after they found themselves up 3 games to 1. I really hope Vancouver doesn't make the same mistake, but I think they're on the right track now.

I think the Canucks and Wild are a better match! I don't think it will be the most exciting hockey - but I will be there in front of the TV for every game!

As for the Avs, it just goes to show, don't get too high on yourself! You'll end up having lame fans throwing stuff on the ice after they lose. :down:

I think every team has their share of bad fans. I've seen a lot of bad behavior over the years. :down:

Overtime won't catch up with them if they continue to win... if they sweep every series then they'll have played just as many games, in terms of minutes, as everyone else.

Besides, the motivation and confidence they get from winning games like that can carry them all the way. This team is very familiar... reminds me of the Habs of 93...

I have to say this (although I loathe it)... Go Ducks.

I hope every game between the Stars and the Ducks goes to O.T. and I also hope the Ducks lose in 7. If I were Vancouver, I would rather play a beat up and tired Stars team than the Kookie Quakers. I honestly believe that the Canucks outmatch Dallas in many ways, from overall speed to hitting. I just don't think the Stars want it badly enough this year, where as if the Ducks get a sniff of the Stanley Cup, they'd be formiddable to say the least (already are actually). So, yes, go Ducks, but lose in 7 after tiring out the Stars. Thank-you Anaheim.

By the way, I'm not assuming a Canucks victory over Minnesota. I'm expecting it. Big difference.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom