NHL Play-Offs - ALL First Round Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the Canucks don't make it, then all I'll care about is Dallas not making it. I don't want Dallas to play the Wild, because they will beat the Wild. They play the same style, but the Wild don't have as much talent. That's why they'd lose. If Dallas played Colorado, however, I could see it being a good series, with hopefully Colorado coming out on top. That is of course if Dallas even makes it past Anaheim!

Michael Griffiths said:

Bwahaha! Yes, but we would all miss his "art" on some level I'm sure. Chizip - you're always entertaining. Good times, good times.

Why do they bash Martin Skoula? I don't know enough about the Avs, as you can see. See, I shoudn't have admitted that. Now it looks like I know nothing about hockey. See, you shouldn't have admitted Jacques was the only thing you knew about either. It's all part of the game within a game, you see. :shifty:

:shifty: I DO see. Actually, don't feel bad. No one outside of Colorado bashes Skoula. I've actually seen hockey magazines making fun of how much Denver does.

I don't know why they bash him. :shrug: I mean, the guy makes mistakes--but he's only 23! And one defensive mistake does *not* a game make. (I love that Granato pointed that out, Hartley never would.) I think bashing Skoula is just a cheap way for many Colorado fans to look like they know something about hockey. :|

First it was that he was making too many mistakes, then it was that he wasn't physical enough for his size. (He's Czech and probably never will be.) He picked a bad time to start playing physical, because the obstruction crackdown started and he got too many penalties, which made everyone hate him again.
They say "Well, he played with Bourque and Blake so he should be much better." Or "deVries was a lower draft pick, so it's ok that he makes huge mistakes, but it's not ok for Skoula."

Led by Bob Hartley, the fans and press have just latched on to him as a scapegoat. It's terrible, he's blamed for everything. Even when he was benched, they blamed him for not being out there to relieve a tired Bourque!

Yeah, the press is brutal sometimes. And sometimes it Coaches make me shake my head in disbelief. I guess everyone needs a scape-goat. Colorado simply wasn't working earlier this year, and now they are - well, for the most part. ;) It's about time they pulled it together. They have supreme talent.

Alright everyone, I have to go. Have a good night. Will be back before the Canucks come to save Chizip from the dark side tomorrow night...

Maple Leafs are gritty...
3 game sevens tomorrow
wow it'll be a ditty
when chizip collapses in sorrow...

:wink:

I'm sorry... I've introduced quality control.

I now have to mention Paul at least twice in a poem for it to be valid.

Hey Cujo - give me an honest answer. Who do you think is going to win tomorrow night between Vancouver and St. Louis, and by what score? I'll tell you my prediction once I get something out of you.

I say that the game will be 2-2 going into overtime... I won't say who wins though. It's too hard to tell, with the Canucks having the momentum, but also the pressure of playing at home. Who knows, with the Canucks history (and the fact that I've actually been to a game seven where they've won) they might pull out to win 3-2. See my poem for my true thoughts in the other thread.

:( :sad: :scream: :madspit: :mad:

I can't believe this.

We should NOT have lost to Minnesota. 43 shots on goal?!! What in the hell happened?

This sucks. I hope Vancouver stomps them into oblivion! May it be a sweep!

What a weird playoff... the only upsets were the top two contenders...

In honour of this, the resident of the Continental has a few words:

Wowee!!! Wowee Wow Wow Wow... may I offer you some champagn??

cujo said:
What a weird playoff... the only upsets were the top two contenders...

In honour of this, the resident of the Continental has a few words:

Wowee!!! Wowee Wow Wow Wow... may I offer you some champagn??

Mmmmm, champagne. Hmmmm, feel woozy....

Please, stay awhile... let me take your coat...

oh my, you've spilled champagn? all over your beautiful dress... let me get that for you.

*bitchslapped*

wow, you are agile... please don't leave.

Avsgirl understandably leaves realizing that cujo has watched too much SNL.

cujo said:
Please, stay awhile... let me take your coat...

oh my, you've spilled champagn? all over your beautiful dress... let me get that for you.

*bitchslapped*

wow, you are agile... please don't leave.

Avsgirl understandably leaves realizing that cujo has watched too much SNL.

:laugh: :lol:

But it's only the best skit ever!

"I bet you are type of woman who has painting of fluffy white kittens with big blue eyes in bathroom...am I right?"

AvsGirl41 said:

I can't believe this.

We should NOT have lost to Minnesota. 43 shots on goal?!! What in the hell happened?

First: Avs fans have NO class - it was REALLY crappy to see them throw stuff on to the ice after game seven. How immature can you really be? I have seen that at H.S. hockey games - but at an NHL game? Sore losers. With crappy fans like that - Avs don't deserve to win.

Second: WOW!!!!!!!!! I never expected this. WOW. WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW! :up: :wave: :drool: :ohmy:

AvsGirl41 said:

I can't believe this.

Don't worry AvsGirl - It shall be "May" day in Vancouver once again very soon. The Wild are an evil cult, and shall be overcome! ;)

I've got to say though, I'm still shocked the Avs lost. I felt sorry for Roy, too. I've never seen him apologize for any goal before, which he did after game 6's O.T. goal. It's just not like him. He's not retiring this year still is he? Hopefully he rebounds from this.

I don't want to piss any Canucks fans - because I actually like the Canucks quite a bit - but, I think the Wild getting rid of the Avs in the first round may be the biggest victory for the Western Conference! They might have been the toughest team to beat - I think bad luck struck them.

Michael Griffiths said:

Don't worry AvsGirl - It shall be "May" day in Vancouver once again very soon. The Wild are an evil cult, and shall be overcome! ;)

I've got to say though, I'm still shocked the Avs lost. I felt sorry for Roy, too. I've never seen him apologize for any goal before, which he did after game 6's O.T. goal. It's just not like him. He's not retiring this year still is he? Hopefully he rebounds from this.

Rumors are flying that he'll retire--but I'd be surprised if he did. I don't think Roy could stand going out on a low note like that. He'll want to retire on top and if there's anything to rally the Avs to win another Cup, it'll be that.

It's also rumored Forsberg is going back to Sweden as his contract is up. He's an odd duck, so who knows when he'll take off. :shrug:

Evil cult, I like that. :mac:

I don't think it had much to do with luck. I think the Avs simply underestimated their opponent and, like the Blues, took it a little too easy after they found themselves up 3 games to 1. I really hope Vancouver doesn't make the same mistake, but I think they're on the right track now.

AvsGirl41 said:

Rumors are flying that he'll retire--but I'd be surprised if he did. I don't think Roy could stand going out on a low note like that. He'll want to retire on top and if there's anything to rally the Avs to win another Cup, it'll be that.

It's also rumored Forsberg is going back to Sweden as his contract is up. He's an odd duck, so who knows when he'll take off. :shrug:

Evil cult, I like that. :mac:
Forsberg an "odd duck" lol!! :laugh: Why do you say that? I've heard he's quite popular with the ladies ;) I hope he doesn't go back to Sweden. I've heard the same thing about Naslund, too. What's with Swedish players wanting to go home all the time? Hakan Loob did the same thing after scoring 50 goals (still a record for a Swedish player). You're right, there must be something in the water over there.

Yeah, I can't see Patrick retiring after such a loss. He's the type that will play until the Avs win a cup again. He might be old and grey! ;) Joshing.

Back
Top Bottom