NHL Play-Offs - ALL First Round Discussion HERE - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2003, 06:18 PM   #196
Refugee

Local Time: 09:54 AM
No. Edmonton is the Oil captial of NA...its just not the corprate caapital...we actually do hard work and produce all our oil!

Old 04-11-2003, 06:20 PM   #197
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by bonoman
No. Edmonton is the Oil captial of NA...its just not the corprate caapital...we actually do hard work and produce all our oil!

And it's an actual product, not just a concept. What the heck is a Wild anyway?

Old 04-11-2003, 06:20 PM   #198
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AvsGirl41

It's missing the little things like Roloson's panic attack that will end this series. The puck bounced off his head and he shook his helmet off. Took two or three shakes for the supposed "broken strap" to let loose--amazingly as the Avs were pounding the net. It was sad. Roloson won't be able to handle the playoffs.
He didn't throw it off....now I know what you are talking about....

Hell - if I got knocked in the head with a NHL shot - I would shake my helmet off too! Nice overinterpretation though. True over-reaction from a team that lsot....trying to find excuses for collapsing - or not taking a team seriously enough.

Can't wait for your next comment. isn't a very strong argument.
Old 04-11-2003, 06:22 PM   #199
ONE
love, blood, life

Wild is an interesting (interpret - LAME) new sports name. I have no reply. We had the North Stars - much better name - but it was taken away from us.
Old 04-11-2003, 06:23 PM   #200
Refugee

I gotta agree with Avsgirl...the WILD is a bad name...it seems to me like alot of new american teams have shitty names...

Leafs (canadian reference)
Flames (hmmm i dont know...maybe the oil thats being burnt)
Canadiens (another candian reference)
Canucks (which mean Canadian)
Senators (because its the capital of canada)
Oilers (because we are the oil cap.)
Old 04-11-2003, 06:25 PM   #201
ONE
love, blood, life

L' Etoillle Du Nord is what it reads on the Minnesota State Crest. If you look at the Bear/wildcat logo of the Wild, you will see a river (mississippi starts in Minnesota), Pine trees, and a star (the eye of the creature). yes, it is a lame name - but I LOVE the logo.
Old 04-11-2003, 06:28 PM   #202
Refugee

Nothing about the Logo...but WILD...what about...Minni Winni...thats what they say in the sports report on the radio here when any minni team wins
Old 04-11-2003, 06:28 PM   #203
ONE
love, blood, life

I also remember the old logo of the Colorado Rockies (now the Devils). I love the Colorado State Flag!
Old 04-11-2003, 06:30 PM   #204
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
...Minni Winni...
Not very creative......

The others names up for contention sucked....I like either Zephyrs (train theme) or Blue Ox (babe and the blue Ox).

Oh well......they are still my team.

Go wild....(even that sounds lame, huh!)
Old 04-11-2003, 06:44 PM   #205
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener
I also remember the old logo of the Colorado Rockies (now the Devils). I love the Colorado State Flag!
I admit, the Wild jerseys are way better looking than ours. I don't know who designed them, but they went too far. the logo is terrible and the foot patch has confused everyone since day one.

I think I like our third jerseys better.
Old 04-12-2003, 02:48 PM   #206
Refugee

Local Time: 10:54 AM
Quote:
Flames (hmmm i dont know...maybe the oil thats being burnt)
The Flames name originated with the Atlanta Flames, they kept it when they moved the team the Calgary. So it's probably a reference to how hot it gets down there.
Old 04-12-2003, 06:08 PM   #207
New Yorker

Quote:

He didn't throw it off....now I know what you are talking about....

Hell - if I got knocked in the head with a NHL shot - I would shake my helmet off too! Nice overinterpretation though. True over-reaction from a team that lsot....trying to find excuses for collapsing - or not taking a team seriously enough.

Can't wait for your next comment. isn't a very strong argument.
You know, I was trying to be nice. I don't pick on your smiley of choice.

You want to talk about strong arguments...calling the Avs "losers" or "old stodgies" isn't one. You talk about no one respecting the Wild--the Avs deserve a hell of alot more respect than your giving them. Constantly *downplaying* the Avs skill does nothing to show off your team's ability.

I can't wait to see *your* excuses for the Wild loss today. I echo Edgeman--sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. They played well and I give them credit for that last goal, but they might want to cut down on the stickwork. All that hooking, slashing, tripping...
Old 04-12-2003, 09:01 PM   #208
ONE
love, blood, life

No excuses....I will never make excuses for a team in their third season who is building from the ground up - and has seen so much success.

Avs outplayed the Wild - and they played very sloppy today. The penalty count showed that. Although I am a HUGE fan of the "Swedes" - Forseberg is CHEAP! Cheap, cheap, cheap. I am suprised the striped haven't caught onto his little crap.

Anyway.....no excuses - they were outplayed by a better team today. Humility is an important.

Now...it is time to give Roloson some respect! no? He hasn't impressed you yet? And if he hasn't, we have an equally impressive goalie siiting on the bench!

That third Avs goal was AWESOME!!!! I love when a good play is set up like that. Awesome!
Old 04-12-2003, 11:12 PM   #209
New Yorker

Quote:
No excuses....I will never make excuses for a team in their third season who is building from the ground up - and has seen so much success.

Avs outplayed the Wild - and they played very sloppy today. The penalty count showed that. Although I am a HUGE fan of the "Swedes" - Forseberg is CHEAP! Cheap, cheap, cheap. I am suprised the striped haven't caught onto his little crap.

Anyway.....no excuses - they were outplayed by a better team today. Humility is an important.

Now...it is time to give Roloson some respect! no? He hasn't impressed you yet? And if he hasn't, we have an equally impressive goalie siiting on the bench!

That third Avs goal was AWESOME!!!! I love when a good play is set up like that. Awesome!
Forsberg is cheap?? So, all the blows landing on him when he fell in the net were inflicted by...who? He gives just as good as he gets. I won't defend a dirty player (*cough Marchment cough*) but Forsberg isn't cheap. If he hits someone, they deserve it.

Yes, that third goal was amazing. Jack Skellington (aka Brian Willisie) finally steps up. Hinote probably deserves most of the credit though.

Hejduk is so good though. The Wild is really shutting down the AMP line, but he managed to sneak 2 through so far. I just wish the Sakic line would wake up. I'm so tired of Reinprecht's general ineffectiveness.
Old 04-12-2003, 11:23 PM   #210
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:54 AM
I missed watching the game today. Too nice outside. Sounds like it was a pretty good game though.