NHL Offseason thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty Bottoms

Acrobat
Who is excited for the draft today? The Blues have 3 first round draft picks, will they keep them or trade them? It's the start of a new era, exciting times :hyper:

Anybody think the Flyers paid waaay too much for Hartnell and Timonen? If the cap is 50 million like it's being speculated, then they will have over 20% of the cap tied into just those 2 players.

Bruins finally decided to go for it
new goalie ( Manny Fernandez ) , new coach ( Julien , who looks a bit like Hannibal Lecter mixed with Graddy Little )
now a power forward , and we gonna play trap :evil:

elevated_u2_fan said:
:hyper:

The Leafs are gonna...................................................................

ehhh... I give up... :|

Let me finish that for you :hyper:

The Leafs are gonna...................................................................

do nothing useful :tsk:

It's getting harder to keep my eyes off the Pens :(

The Leafs did resign Sundin. That's something.

Is Chara staying in Boston?

8 days until the unrestricted free agency begins and the Isles haven't resigned Smith or Blake. I don't care about Blake so much, but I hope they keep Smyth. And then bring in either Drury or Briere. :drool: They also did drop Yashin, and resigned Bergenheim who missed last season. I think he'll fit in nice if he picks up where he left off in 2005-2006. And there's a rumour that Peca might come back. :hyper:

Hockey talk :drool: I've missed it!

Is Souray going to return to the Habs or will he go to California to be with his child?

Apparently, according to RDS, they offered him quite a measly figure - guess they figure they already have their D-man in Markov.

I'd miss Souray though :sad:

ladywithspinninghead said:
Hockey talk :drool: I've missed it!

Is Souray going to return to the Habs or will he go to California to be with his child?

Apparently, according to RDS, they offered him quite a measly figure - guess they figure they already have their D-man in Markov.

I'd miss Souray though :sad:
They shoulda traded Souray when he was worth something this year before the trade deadline, scoring goals. Now he's just a d-man with a great slapshot who can't skate back to cover his own end worth a shit.

Canadiens1160 said:
They shoulda traded Souray when he was worth something this year before the trade deadline, scoring goals. Now he's just a d-man with a great slapshot who can't skate back to cover his own end worth a shit.

True, but I guess Gainey figured he might help them make the playoffs.

New jerseys are coming in for next season. I'm eagerly awaiting (dreading?) what the Habs' will look like.

The Bruins went with a retro look and it looks AMAZING
showthread.php
You can't lose with classic original six jerseys.

Bruins

200706blackjerseyae8.png
200706whitejerseyhn5.png

Well, just three hours until the free agent signing period.

The "salary cap" went up yesterday to $50.3 million which means we might see the return of the $10 million player(no one player can take up more than 20 percent of a team's cap space). I think we'll see a lot of senseless signings which makes me wonder why we had to lose a full year in the first place. :shrug:

Well the Blues signed Tkachuk to a 2 year deal worth 8 million. Might be a little much, but I have a feeling some of the deals are gonna be ridiculous starting tomorrow.

Did the Blues fleece ATL or what? ATL gaves the Blues a 1st and 3rd rounder in this years draft PLUS a 2nd rounder in next years draft, and a roster filler in Metropolit, all for 18 games of Tkachuk and no playoff wins.

Buahahahaha, way to go JD.

BonoManiac said:
Remind me again why we lost a full season of hockey?

Daniel Briere to Philadelphia for 8 years $52 million?

Enough said. :shrug:
Montreal was apparently in the running for him, too.

GMs are apparently getting by the problem of a salary cap by loading the first year or two of a player contract with a huge sum of money (couple million) to gain an advantage over teams with less cash-on-hand. :shrug:

Bitches.

hardyharhar said:
I believe the Ducks signed Mathieu Schnieder, and Niedermeyer hasn't even retired yet :ohmy:

Signing players who the Red Wings think are washed up is usually not a good idea.

New York Islanders sign forward Ruslan Fedotenko to a two-year contract.

Allright! Between him and this Joe Sim character the Isles should be just below mediocre - maybe even "pretty bad". SWEET!

I think I might get signed next, guys! YES! Maybe I should learn how to skate, at least? Meh, why bother?

:quitshockey:

UberBeaver said:

And I don't think he's very popular with other players.

I had an Islanders player tell me Jason Blake is the most selfish player he has ever played with. He says Blake doesn’t treat the younger players well at all. Do you really want this guy in your dressing room? Covering Team USA in the past, I can tell you that several of his American teammates made similar comments about him then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom