nhl officiating...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
haha, koby, your a leafs fan. obviously your going to complain about officiating - you guys have the worst reputation in the league.

if i were darcy tucker's coach id outright release him. what a prick, but not in a good way. id take matt cooke any day of the week.

it appears quinn is fed up with him too.

Gickies Gageeze said:
haha, koby, your a leafs fan. obviously your going to complain about officiating - you guys have the worst reputation in the league.

if i were darcy tucker's coach id outright release him. what a prick, but not in a good way. id take matt cooke any day of the week.

it appears quinn is fed up with him too.

yes...i am a leafs fan.
and yes tucker did do very little to discredit the nickname he so hates-'wild bill' by his actions a week ago.
i was sitting about two rows back of the sens bench at corel. i was watching neil and tucker chirp at one another-i certainly didn't see neil spit at tucker and by all reports tucker was no longer telling that story by the time the nhl spoke to him the next day. quinn is apparently quite unimpressed at the moment as well-tucker claimed he was spit at and in front of the media that nite quinn had to back him up (this could ultimately end with tucker in another jersey tommorow afternoon)
one of the two referees was quite out of his league unfortunately. the leafs had 4 5 on 3s, most of the penalties and some not. troubling is what was not being called against the senators at the same time.
come the late third the game had deteriorated into garbage.
quinn was foolish in having domi on the ice so late. i have no idea what domi was thinking going after arvie...on any other nite i dont think he would fight a guy like that but by the same token arvedson should have known such an attack would occur the way he was playing domi-he did spear him and domi lost it on him. not saying arvedson invited it but it was predictable given domi being on the ice and the way arvedson was acting.
as foolish as domi and tucker behaved (and they were an embarrasment to the jersey and the game) quinn did what he did for the purposes of intimidation. and it worked. in spite of the win, the next morning beneath the controversy surrounding the fights, were questions of ottawa's toughness.
the thing everyone forgets so quickly about all this is the teams history-alfredsson put tucker head first into the boards last spring and missed a penalty as well as suspension. the most serious situation was bryan berard losing his eye to marian hossa's inadvertent wayward stick the a couple of years ago. these things are not easily forgotten by guys like domi.

you think berards situation matters to domi? i guess maybe, afterall berard did player there for a while.

but ya, word has it the leafs were trying to send tucker to edmonton for niinima or however you spell his name.

that would be a horrible trade for edmonton, but whatever.

Gickies Gageeze said:
you think berards situation matters to domi? i guess maybe, afterall berard did player there for a while.

but ya, word has it the leafs were trying to send tucker to edmonton for niinima or however you spell his name.

that would be a horrible trade for edmonton, but whatever.

berard was a well liked guy on the leafs. he was meant to be the corner stone of the defence-when he went down the maple leafs were a disenchanted team. albeit hossa was erratic with the stick but it was nothing that doesn't happen every night. on that night he unfortunately connected. probably an even bigger factor in the tension is the three straight meetings in the playoffs.

regardless im sure quinn enjoyed what i saw out of tucker especially. tucker has been pretty flat. this was one of his first signs of life. it is now quinn's job to harness the energy of tucker, green, corson, domi and belak into positive agressive playmaking and hitting the way they were doing in the playoffs last year.

picking up a guy like doug gilmour today should add another layer of veteran guidance to that already provided by sundin and roberts.

NHL officiating is in a sad state, when the refs are actually named McGeogh...

Hey kobayashi, since you're a fellow Leaf fan, here are some nicknames and phrases for players I made up over the years (including former players)...

Steve Thomas: Steve
Steve Sullivan: Little Steve
Sergei Berezin: Russian Steve
Darcy Tucker: Mother Tucker (or MoTo)
Hoglund: Hogi (I always say thread the bun Hogi, when he's got the puck, instead of thread the needle)...
Cory Cross: Chewbacca or Chewy, or dumbass who should have been traded long ago.
Robert Reichel: Renberg (oh wait, that's Keith Acton who made that mistake)...

They're pretty stupid, but I've even got my non-Leaf friends using them... its funny how most of the players I gave nicknames to have been traded.

Back
Top Bottom