NHL: Lets make a deal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only way Michael can match my offer is by over the counter supplements.

:sexywink:

Michael Griffiths said:

LOL, of course there is, but this is a public forum! :wink:

But still, a game of shinny out at the rink with you would be quite thrilling nonetheless. Let me know when you're done with Mr. Evans :sexywink:

Well, I've got time before Mr. Evans. I don't intend to take him on until next season.

I need to get some practice in before hand. :sexywink:

AvsGirl41 said:

Well, I've got time before Mr. Evans. I don't intend to take him on until next season.

I need to get some practice in before hand. :sexywink:
I would glady let you take me out before Mr. Evans. Afterall, they do say practice makes perfect, right? And who knows, after a little practice, maybe you'll have no time for the amateurish Mr. Evans. I mean, I probably know much more about hockey than he does :sexywink:

cujo said:
The only way Michael can match my offer is by over the counter supplements.

:sexywink:
Is that what gives you the edge these days, Cujo? I'm more of a traditionalist myself...relying on natural speed, agility...and GREAT endurance. And unlike you, these aren't bonus incentives, my friend. These would be part of the base.

Last edited:
Oh here we go... Michael's trying to impress a lady with his speed again.

Oh I'm employed... my job description... to bug the living hell out of Michael Griffiths, and to be a general ass to the public.

The pay isn't great, but you get to piss off a lot of interesting people.

:up:

cujo said:
Oh I'm employed... my job description... to bug the living hell out of Michael Griffiths, and to be a general ass to the public.

The pay isn't great, but you get to piss off a lot of interesting people.

The aboriginal guy was right.....you have made some GREAT accomplishment.

zonelistener said:

The aboriginal guy was right.....you have made some GREAT accomplishment.

And you have made some great strides in sentence agreement.

Yay for grammar. :sexywink:

And yay to all those who read this thread :up:

Michael Griffiths said:

I would glady let you take me out before Mr. Evans. Afterall, they do say practice makes perfect, right? And who knows, after a little practice, maybe you'll have no time for the amateurish Mr. Evans. I mean, I probably know much more about hockey than he does :sexywink:

:flirt:

See, that's exactly right. Mike Evans knows nothing about hockey. I imagine that he doesn't even know how to lace up a pair of skates.

So maybe he'll just have to watch us go one-on-one, dreaming all the while about puck bunnies.

Maple Leafs Sports And Entertainment is finally searching for a new GM... splitting Pat Quinn's former job, so old Patty can focus on coaching.

My thoughts:

- Steve Tambellini of the Canucks organization. This guy has always been paired with Pat in the media as having a very amicable working relationship. Although contractual obligations might hinder a deal.

- Colin Campbell might finally step out from behind the NHL Office as League Disciplinarian... Brian Burke did it.

Anyone else care?

cujo said:

My thoughts:

- Steve Tambellini of the Canucks organization. This guy has always been paired with Pat in the media as having a very amicable working relationship. Although contractual obligations might hinder a deal.
Actually, I could see Dave Nonis (senior vice president, hockey operations) of the Canucks signing with a different team before Tambellini. He's already been in talks with a couple different teams, including San Jose. I'm pretty sure he was rumoured to be going to Toronto just a month ago, too. So you never know. But I do understand what you're saying about Tambellini's relationship with Quinn.

I didn't notice Dave Nonis.

Good point.

There's a lot of Canuck connections going on... interesting. Very interesting.

:eyebrow:

AvsGirl41 said:

:flirt:

See, that's exactly right. Mike Evans knows nothing about hockey. I imagine that he doesn't even know how to lace up a pair of skates.

So maybe he'll just have to watch us go one-on-one, dreaming all the while about puck bunnies.
See, there you go! Taking out Mr. Evans would be so boring. With me though, we could go skating and talk about the Avs and Canucks (hopefully very heated)...and we could live the puck bunny life to our hearts content....

But anyway, yeah...take him out if you must. :sexywink:

Lilly said:

from flying whales to sharks.

how could he part with such a viscious mascot?
But he's still with the flying whales! He is fish through and through. He thankfully didn't get the job with the Sharks. They would have eaten him alive...well, so to speak.

does anyone have any opinions about the maple leafs' gm situation? Or that technically they should be the "maple leaves"? What are we, as hockey fans, to make of (1) this atrocious spelling/grammar and (2) The whole Dryden/Quinn thing? Will they ever admit their TRUE FEELINGS for one another, and get together!? Okay, that was a little bit...icky, but does anyone care about this?

I do... you echo a similar sentiment to the post I made on the previous page.

1) Maple Leaf is a proper name, therefore normal grammatical rules do not apply. Besides, English is the stupidest language when it comes to exceptions.

2) I know what you're talking about... I've seen the longing looks that Ken sends from the Foster Hewitt box way atop the ACC. Quinn is more of a poet... you often see him writing sweet-nothings on a pad of paper during the game. Sometimes he'll be so infuriated with passion, that he'll lash out at the referees... when all he wants is to get into Dryden's dungarees. Hey Kenny, nice pants.

Icky? :sexywink:

The whole situation is probably for the best. You may remember Pat's brush with cardiac problems during the 2002 playoffs... where he was forced to watch a Conference Final game from his hospital bed. This works out as both a stress reliever for Pat and the team. Now he can focus on coaching, instead of screwing over his best players in contract talks.

:) well, icky in the sense that it's not a pure true love, like that you have for P McG and his eclectic thongs. It's more of a torrid, volatile thing, from what I've been able to deduce...

edited to say, that with all the flirting going on, and the arrival of ms I-Lo, I missed yer post. Lo siento.

Last edited:
cujo said:
The whole situation is probably for the best. You may remember Pat's brush with cardiac problems during the 2002 playoffs... where he was forced to watch a Conference Final game from his hospital bed. This works out as both a stress reliever for Pat and the team. Now he can focus on coaching, instead of screwing over his best players in contract talks.

to some extent, it will be good. but if quinn makes the selection of the gm a political power play soley designed to reaffirm his position...well thats to everyones detriment.

im glad they didnt can dryden. hes got a sharp mind.

tsn is saying its a virtual certainty the wings will pick up hasek.

when will the cujo to philly rumors start?

if the owners refuse to sign long term deals with the players...how long until charges of collusion begin?

What if Cujo *wanted* to go to Colorado? Remember, he has the no trade clause...and therefore the power :wink:

Not only that, but I think they owe him that much at least (to consider his preferences), given how poorly they've treated him in this situation.

Oh, turns out Brian Leetch's rights have been traded to the Edmonton Oilers for the time being:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=45917

Oilers get rights to Leetch

TSN.ca Staff

6/30/2003

The Edmonton Oilers have acquired the rights of pending free agent Brian Leetch from the New York Rangers in exchange for goaltender Jussi Markkanen and a conditional draft pick.

Leetch becomes an unrestricted free agent as of midnight June 30, 2003.

If Leetch signs with another team after midnight, the Oilers will receive compensation from the league in the form of extra future picks.

The 16-year NHL veteran scored 30 points in 51 games for the Rangers in 2002-03 as he netted 12 goals and 18 assists. A two-time winner of the Norris Trophy, Leetch has scored 227 goals, 718 assists and 945 points in 1,072 games since joining New York following the 1988 Winter Olympics.

Markkanen was 7-8-3 with a 2.59 goals-against average, a .904 save percentage and three shutouts in 22 games for the Oilers in 2002-03. Edmonton's fifth choice, 133rd overall, in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft, the 28-year-old Finn joined the Oilers in 2001-02 and posted a record of 13-12-5 with a 2.29 GAA and five shutouts in 36 career NHL games.

The trade does not mean Leetch is done in New York. The Rangers will be able to negotiate with him just like everybody else once midnight strikes.

While they traded Leetch's rights, the Rangers did sign two of their pending free agents on Monday.

Left wingers Dan LaCouture and Ronald Petrovicky both signed undisclosed deals.

LaCouture, 26, appeared in 68 games with the Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins last season, collecting three goals and six assists for nine points, along with 72 penalty minutes. He joined the Rangers on February 10 from Pittsburgh, along with Alex Kovalev, Janne Laukkanen and Mike Wilson in exchange for Rico Fata, Mikael Samuelsson, Joel Bouchard and Richard Lintner. Following the deal, he appeared in 24 matches with New York, tallying one goal and four assists for five points.

Petrovicky, 26, appeared in 66 games with the Rangers last season, registering five goals and nine assists for 14 points, along with 77 penalty minutes. He established new career-highs with nine assists and 14 points, while matching his career-best with five goals. His 77 penalty minutes also ranked sixth on the team. He came to New York on October 4, 2002 from the Calgary Flames, after being selected in the NHL Waiver Draft.

Back
Top Bottom