NHL: Lets make a deal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, the loss of Tyson Nash for draft choices was a bit of a crap deal by the Blues. Sorry about that chizzer. Valeri Bure is not a terrible loss... believe me, I watched him here and the only coach he can operate with is working in Chicago... for now.

Dannil Markov went to the Hurricanes... that's a really good pick-up for Carolina, too bad they can't do anything with him.

Boston is expected to name Mike Sullivan head coach... that was for Bbug...

:sexywink:

Yeah, supposedly they're waiting until Thornton's court date, then they're gonna name him coach to try and detract attention from it. :rolleyes: I'm REALLY not going to pay attention to them this year. No, really.

*Bitchslaps Zonelistener*...

I'm sorry, how many Cups have the Wild won? None.

How many Cups did the NorthStars Win in Minnesota? None.

Score:

Me: 10000000

You: 0.

NEXT.

:mad::sexywink::mad:

PS- I believe the sexywink relieves me of all discriminatory statements addressed to the Wild.

:up:

indeed, that wink is very sexy.

edited to say, hey I was wrong! They finally named sullivan coach after all.

And also that I was being sarcastic above. Does anyone else think the sexywink looks more goofy than anything? *poor use of italics* *eternal apologies* Oh, crap, that's right, I'm not a bruins fan anymore! Dammit...um, well, I can still read the globe, right??

:reject:

Last edited:
things are about to get messy in detroit. tsn says its a virtual certainty hasek will return. i don't see them not putting hasek in net...so what to do with cujo?
la, ny, philly...? the ny post is saying manhattan would be cujo's new home but there is a no trade clause, so what ever happens cujo could ixnay it all.

I reallt wish that Hasek would just leave well enough alone and stay retired. All he's doing it screwing up the red wings' goltender situation.

I hope Joseph tells the wings to go screw themselves and moves to Colorado. I don't want him to go to the Rangers....and I don't think he does for one simple reason.....he wants to win a cup before he dies....not going to happen with the rangers.

i don't see ken holland letting colorado find their goaltending solution in detroit so the wings will take on hasek's contract for the coming year (the same logic would apply to LA).
now with hasek and cujo to choose from, you have to convince cujo to waive the no trade clause. ruling out all western conference clubs, we are really only left with philly and NYR. i could see cujo waiving the clause for philly but not NY, as edgeman said.

kobayashi said:
things are about to get messy in detroit

I think we're already there, kobe.

Let's see... one of our young stars got into a car crash and is most likely going to return to Russia, Larionov is holding out for more cash, Feorov - I don't even have the space and time to write all that's wrong there :rolleyes:, etc. Plus now this whole possible Hasek thing.

:angry:

Oh yeah, let's not forget this whole CBA thing that just very well might wipe out the entire'03-'04 season. :|

kobayashi said:
now with hasek and cujo to choose from, you have to convince cujo to waive the no trade clause.

That's a bunch of bullshit. Why take a goalie like Hasek whose skills are diminished (exemplified by his less than stellar performance in Detroit), instead of one who is just as skilled and still has the desire to win a Cup. They should just take both goalies on for camp... then Hasek will be packing his bags. If you don't think so, you obviously don't watch hockey. Don't pass judgement on one bad round of playoffs...

Oh yeah, and by the way New Jersey lost in the opening round of the playoffs last year to Carolina, and went on to win the Cup this year. Maybe if some other players in the Detroit line-up earned their 10 million dollar salary, there wouldn't be any questions in Detroit.

By the small chance that Curtis does leave... I guarantee if he plays Detroit in the playoffs, the Red Wings will get an ass-kicking... his history against former clubs is unmatched.

:down:rumors:down:

Like I say, whatever happens it doesn't matter.

Don't piss off a caged dog. One day he'll get out.

And bite you in the ass.

LMAO!! Here's the deal: Hasek's rights are owned by the Redwings still. Should he come back, they would owe him 8 million unless they allowed him to become an unrestricted free agent. As you can see, it's not about Cujo so much as it is about Hasek exercising his options. See, not everything revolves around your great "Cujo". Sheesh! :wink:

The giggolo calling the whore easy eh?

If I posted something questioning the Canucks, I'm sure I'd get the same rise out of you.

Besides I'm a hypocrite.

Deal with it.

Michael Griffiths said:
What would you do if the Canucks got Cujo when all is said and done? I know it's not going to happen, but just for a thought experiment, what would you do? :sexywink:

Root for the Canucks.

Yikes.

My throat is burning just uttering those words :sexywink:

As long as it isn't DAL, PHI, NYR, or a small market team with little or no chance to win...

In all likelihood a team like STL, NYR, or PHI would pick him up though. If it were to go that far.

I'm sure that Hasek's option will be contested, as he's probably violating some stipulation in his contract.

No, he's not violating anything according to reports.

What will you do if my original prediction of Hasek going to Colorado turns out to be true? Do I win a big prize for being right in spite of being told how silly a suggestion it (Hasek coming out of retirement) was at the time?

hey dont get mad at me.

detroit fans see cujo and think 1st round exit to the ducks.
detroit fans see dom and see stanley cup, granted a year removed. i think the anti-cujo sentiment is too strong.
i think management will agree with the fans with one last shot to win it all with either goalie or much of the team.

i like the dog. hes lost some of his bite since he left TO but he is still very capable of winning it.

If Hasek doesn't get to play in Detroit, I bet he stays retired. I don't think the Avalanche would want him anyway. Too big of a contract to take on right before the CBA expires... although Dominik wouldn't be looking for a long-term deal. I'd say that either of the two goalies would go to Philly (if all goes to shit), because it's not an intraconference rival... like Kobe says.

kobayashi said:
hey dont get mad at me.

detroit fans see cujo and think 1st round exit to the ducks.
detroit fans see dom and see stanley cup, granted a year removed. i think the anti-cujo sentiment is too strong.
i think management will agree with the fans with one last shot to win it all with either goalie or much of the team.

i like the dog. hes lost some of his bite since he left TO but he is still very capable of winning it.

:up:

That's understandable... I wasn't directing an attack at you, it's more focused on bandwagon fans who only look at Cup rings.

I'd agree cujo's numbers have slagged off a bit... but it's mostly due to the adjustment period. In the last two months of the season, Turco and Curtis were probably the best goalies in terms of performance, wins, and overall numbers. Expect a better season next year, with prospects of silver if Hasek goes home. Bastard is he.

Michael Griffiths said:
Colorado has an extra 8 million now that Roy has departed. Oh, how funny, isn't that exactly how much Hasek has on his option?

PS. Do I get the prize or not?

No 'cause it won't happen.

Colorado is not going to sign a free agent--even if it is Hasek.
Lacroix does not sign free agents--often to the detriment of the team--and especially won't with the CBA looming.

The *only* way Colorado will obtain a veteran goaltender is by a trade.

I think a trade with the Red Wings is unlikely, because Lacroix passionately believes in the rivalry.

Back
Top Bottom