NHL: Lets make a deal - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2003, 02:46 PM   #301
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:50 PM
That's right folks, you heard the Hatcher deal here first.

Booo... Hatcher wears panties. In a related story, so does Modano. And Beckham I guess.

Old 07-03-2003, 02:50 PM   #302
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:50 AM

I don't know what to say, except that I'm totally shocked.

Of course you can move to Colorado, Michael, LOL.

Still, I can't help but think that Lacroix's got something sneaky up his sleeve and that all is not as cool as it appears. I wonder if it has something to with certain goalies being available...for trade.

Old 07-03-2003, 03:45 PM   #303
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:50 PM
Wise thinking, AvsGirl...you should be a GM! Some of Lacroix's ruthless thinking is rubbing off on you. That's very good point. Remember we talked about how Detroit would never trade Joseph to Colorado? Well, now Detroit has a very pressing need since Fedorov made the statement he won't be back. This puts Lacroix in a postion of power, since he has Kariya and Salanne as assets - two assets Detroit would love to own. Should be very interesting...
Old 07-03-2003, 04:35 PM   #304
New Yorker

I could be a GM.

Actually, I wasn't even thinking of a deal with Detroit, although that is an interesting possibility. Who was it who floated the theory (was it cujo himself?) that Joesph could sign with an Eastern team, would would then trade him to Colorado? That's what I was picturing. But a deal with Detroit--could they finally do it? (I've always been of the opinion Holland would gladly deal with the Avs and that it's Lacroix who's being the dork, but I don't really know much about Red Wings management.)

I don't see Lacroix trading the big fish he just landed--even now, he's chuckling over how he thinks he "tricked" the other GM's. I think he would trade some young Avs, like usually does...I just don't like to think who. Call me attached.
Old 07-03-2003, 04:38 PM   #305
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by cujo
That's right folks, you heard the Hatcher deal here first.

Booo... Hatcher wears panties. In a related story, so does Modano. And Beckham I guess.

Booo...

This changes my friendly feelings towards the Red Wings.

I can't believe TSN actually said the Avs were courting Hatcher. A deal with Detroit is more likely!
Old 07-03-2003, 07:19 PM   #306
Rock n' Roll Doggie

AvsGirl, yeah, that's a good point. Upon thinking further, there is no way the Avs would trade Kariya or Selanne to Detroit or anyone else. They could perhaps trade Hejduk or Tanguay for Cujo (fulfilling needs for both teams), perhaps involving younger players too...but I agree: it would more likely end up being a 3 way deal with some other team.
Old 07-04-2003, 12:15 AM   #307
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Griffiths
AvsGirl, yeah, that's a good point. Upon thinking further, there is no way the Avs would trade Kariya or Selanne to Detroit or anyone else. They could perhaps trade Hejduk or Tanguay for Cujo (fulfilling needs for both teams), perhaps involving younger players too...but I agree: it would more likely end up being a 3 way deal with some other team.
Yep.

The only way he's going to the Avalanche is through another team. Bitter rivals don't trade with each other. Unless out of sheer desperation, and right now Pierre is holding all the cards. Watch Out.

The Annual Cujo Sweepstakes has begun.

Yay!!!

Old 07-04-2003, 01:25 AM   #308
New Yorker

If they traded Hejduk...that would be lunacy! Sheer lunacy!

I don't want to see Tanguay traded either, I think it would be a big mistake. I'd deal Reinprecht, but I think everyone knows he's not all he is hyped to be.

Hopefully, no defensemen...

I hate thinking about trades. It's stressful being an Avs fan.
Old 07-04-2003, 01:29 AM   #309
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by AvsGirl41
I'd deal Reinprecht, but I think everyone knows he's not all he is hyped to be.
That already happened this morning in a threesome trade:

To Buffalo: Chris Drury, Steve Begin

To Calgary: Steve Reinprecht, Rhett Warrener

To Colorado: Buffalo's 1st Round Pick from 2002.

Why did you trade Drury Mr. Button? Even as a non-Flames fan I want to throw something at you.

Old 07-04-2003, 02:37 AM   #310
New Yorker

The Avalanche should update their website if they make trades! Reinprecht, wow.

Poor Drury. What is Calgary thinking? He's such a good player in the clutch. But he is a really weird guy, so maybe that's why he's getting bounced around.
Old 07-04-2003, 08:45 AM   #311
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by cujo

That already happened this morning in a threesome trade:

To Buffalo: Chris Drury, Steve Begin

To Calgary: Steve Reinprecht, Rhett Warrener

To Colorado: Buffalo's 1st Round Pick from 2002.

Why did you trade Drury Mr. Button? Even as a non-Flames fan I want to throw something at you.

didnt button get fired?
and yes that was a silly trade.
Old 07-04-2003, 11:46 AM   #312
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Brian Burke is such a moron...well, not all the time, but this is one of the times he is. He's *so* full of sour grapes for not getting Kariya, so he called him disloyal, etc, for signing only a 1 year deal with Colorado after Anaheim paid him so handsomely for so many years, and treated him so well. Like Brian Burke wouldn't have signed Paul Kariya for 1.2 million???? And like Pierre Lacroix didn't jump at the same deal? Yeah, right. It's clearly a deal that makes sense for both parties. Burke is pissed cause he left a message for Paul 2 days ago, and Baizley (his agent) called back saying he was instructed to call Colorado...and the deal soon done. Want to see some disloyalty, Brian? Take a look at what you're doing with Trent Klatt.
Old 07-04-2003, 03:11 PM   #313
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Griffiths
Brian Burke is such a moron...well, not all the time, but this is one of the times he is. He's *so* full of sour grapes for not getting Kariya, so he called him disloyal, etc, for signing only a 1 year deal with Colorado after Anaheim paid him so handsomely for so many years, and treated him so well. Like Brian Burke wouldn't have signed Paul Kariya for 1.2 million???? And like Pierre Lacroix didn't jump at the same deal? Yeah, right. It's clearly a deal that makes sense for both parties. Burke is pissed cause he left a message for Paul 2 days ago, and Baizley (his agent) called back saying he was instructed to call Colorado...and the deal soon done. Want to see some disloyalty, Brian? Take a look at what you're doing with Trent Klatt.
no kidding! i couldnt have said this better myself. trent klatt is everything the canucks need in a player, and theyre treating him like crap. resign him already!
Old 07-04-2003, 03:54 PM   #314
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by kobayashi

didnt button get fired?
and yes that was a silly trade.
Yes, but I still blame him for everything. I'm used to saying bad job Button. Guess I'll have to get used to a new name... bad job [insert next GM].

Sutter is the interim-GM I believe, but for all intents and purposes it's still Button's regime... as his crap is still backing up the system.

Old 07-05-2003, 02:53 AM   #315
Refugee

i agree, calgary is a horrible franchise. they cant even pretend to have gotten a fair deal.

am i the only one who thinks buffalo is starting to look like a much better team since last years trade deadline?