NHL: Lets make a deal - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2003, 02:14 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:08 AM
*cough*Alex Auld*cough* He's their "goalie of the future". The Canucks should trade Clouts and Sopel, maybe throw in a 2nd round pick, for Samsanov. That would give them that added piece of offence they want add to add to the 2nd line. (I realize I'm dreaming, but a man can dream, right?)

Old 05-29-2003, 04:22 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:08 PM
Thanks for the thread April!
Great idea.

The Wild will probably look the same come September/October. It will be interesting to see what happens in Denver. There are quite a few good goalies out there - it is weird to see Checkmanek be the first one dealt. I don't think is that great (insert Checkmanek into one of those photos with a beachball).

Who else is going to make some big changes? I bet NYR continue to strive towards being the New York Yankees on ice.

Old 05-29-2003, 04:26 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie

But don't the Yankees actually win games?
Old 05-29-2003, 04:43 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Griffiths
But don't the Yankees actually win games?
Yes!

I was just talking about the player salary. And, as long as the Yankees continue to win, owners in every major sport will continue to "buy" championships.
Old 05-29-2003, 04:53 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie

But aren't the Ducks proving they don't need to? Having only great defensive systems gets you by these days! Who cares about talent...talent was *so* 10 years ago.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:07 PM   #21
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:08 PM
Latest Roy replacement news. I wonder if Liar, Liar Lacroix can be believed. Granato doesn't usually play that game though:

"As an organization, let's make one thing clear - you don't replace the caliber of player Patrick Roy represents. So our intention as an organization is not to find another Patrick Roy, but to give a chance to the young players that have been playing in our organization for many years," Lacroix said Wednesday. "David is one of them. We have young goalies on our farm team, too, that are great. As an organization, to be consistent like we've always tried to be now for nine years, it's going to be no different. We're going to give each of them a chance to show what they have and to be themselves and to meet the challenge."

Felix Potvin, arguably the best unrestricted free agent available, appears to be done in Los Angeles after the Kings on Wednesday acquired Roman Cechmanek from Philadelphia. But Avs coach Tony Granato said he does not expect the team to add a veteran through free agency or a trade.

"Patrick wasn't going to play forever, so we knew eventually someone was going to have to come into the net for the Colorado Avalanche to be a starter, and right now that's going to be David," Granato said
Old 05-29-2003, 05:16 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Felix Potvin's best days appear to be behind him, anyway. Vancouver had him not too long ago, and we all know how that turned out. What a nightmare! I felt sorry for him, though. He played a bit better in LA, but he's too inconsistent. He's similar to Dan Cloutier in many ways, actually, though Cloutier usually plays quite consistenly during the regular season. Tyler Moss and Alex Auld will be the netminder's of Vancouver's future though. Anyway, Colorado would never sign Potvin. That would be asking for trouble at this point in my opinion. They should get Nikolai Khabibulin from Tampa Bay, as he's had a bit of a falling out with the Lightening. He's probably the best of the bunch anyway. Biron of Buffalo is available, too. He might be the guy.
Old 05-29-2003, 06:44 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Griffiths
But aren't the Ducks proving they don't need to?
Ya ya ya.......

But...it takes soooo much more to win succesfully that way. It is a crap shoot. People will always try to buy teams.

And, yes, talent is sooo ten years ago. Defence (notice the non-U.S. spelling) is the way to go.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:09 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Zoni - you are really hung up on the whole Canada thing, aren't you?
Old 05-29-2003, 07:19 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

I Canada.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:47 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Aw, do you really? That's nice of you to say, if you're actually being sincere for once!
Old 05-29-2003, 07:51 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

complete sincerity!!!!

I really do like Canada.
I have enjoyed every trip I have made there - and would move there (to some of the larger cities) without even thinking about it.

I actually can't wait to make it up your way (B.C.).

The people I worked with in Minneapolis knew that if they found a newspaper on the Regina inbond, they would give it to me.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:41 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:08 PM
Actually, I think Canada uses both spellings of defence/defense... depending on context (same with practice and practise, being noun or verb).

Anyway, enough with grammar garbage:

That's a good possibility of Khabibulin going to COL, but PHI might not be happy with their current situation... I smell bidding war.

I don't see Boston unloading Samsonov any time soon... but that organization needs some major shaking up. Hire Ted Nolan! He's great with developing young teams... just give him a job already.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:59 AM   #29
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:08 PM
Speaking of defense, it looks like Colorado will be dumping Bryan Marchment (hurrah!) and Greg deVries. (double hurrah!) Both are free agents. I wonder where they'll end up?

Derek Morris is also coming up for a new contract, but Lacroix is not going to let him go, not after giving up Drury.

Forsberg and Tanguay also have to be signed to new contracts, which means less money for a goalie. Which is why Lacroix is gonna go with Aebischer, he's cheap.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:11 AM   #30
Refugee

Local Time: 08:08 PM
I agree that Ted Nolan should be back in the NHL.