NHL: Lets make a deal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
who would want to go to that crap

macinnis is the mcman, and a great mccaptain

bonoman said:
In an outdoor field (where hockey should be played)

Regular "sunday afternoon pickup game" hockey maybe....but not NHL.

I am sorry, you are not going to get me to spend 60USD to sit outside on a Janurary evening, with the temperatures reaching -25F before the windchill to watch a hockey game...and I love hockey.

Nevermind the fact that my nacho cheese is going to be frozen. :angry:

Well its not in January and it wont be -25. Novemeber is when its going to be played and it will range from 0 C to -10 C.

Yeah the less others that want to come to the game the better, more for me!

Where do you think half of NHL players start their carrers, on a pond in -30 C weather. Thats where real men play!

bonoman said:
Where do you think half of NHL players start their carrers, on a pond in -30 C weather. Thats where real men play!

The league is in so much trouble as is....this is a cool "one off" promotion, and fine in November...but your attitude of "more for me" is a bit selfish, and would be disastrous for a pro league. The ice would not be consistent night after night creating more injuries and a crappier on-ice product. Who wants to pay their hard-earned cash on that?

Yes, that may be where players start out their careers..but the majority of the people in this world would rather NOT sit outside for two or three hours (after paying $60) in the months of Dec/Jan/Feb (and March in Minnesota). And if it snows....the fan in row 63 can't see the game cause it is clouded by snow and there is snow all over the ice, and that hurts play.

I'll let you keep think the NHL game should be played outside though!

for a one time deal its a great idea. i believe the U.S. tv rights were an integral part of the deal and if the game itself goes off well with the teams enjoying it, i think we'll see this happen again, if not regularly. all original 6 teams would be good candidates-if they could pull the ice off i'd say detroit would definitely be up for it.
detroit-toronto...:sexywink:

If you think that i implyed that they should play all their games outdoors your totally wrong. Thats crazy!

This game is a one off thing for the Oilers 25th Aniv. They wont make much off this game. Its for the fans to see the greats of old and the new team in a enviroment that they are so familar with. relax on the selfish comment as well, it was a joke!

Annually it would be an interesting idea to continue with... as far as weather, it's really not that cold like bonoman says. I'll see if I can get tickets somehow... bribery, extortion, streaking? :shhh:

I'd go for that Det-Tor game Kobe. Leafs are kicking some Swedish ass at the moment... looks like they'll have a better start than last year. Too bad management didn't execute the recent signings and trades a few years back... things might be quite different.

Probably not.

He might experience the same inconsistencies of health as Mogilny has been burdened with (tailbone) the past few seasons.

Although Nieuwendyk can pick up the slack... during preseason competition he has shown a return to form.

the blues won last night 3-0 over columbus!!!!!!!!

fuck yeaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we looked awesome!!!!

undefeated season here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what great defense, what great goaltending!!!!!!!!!!!!

everybody shouldnt even try, the cup is ours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yesssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chizip said:
the blues won last night 3-0 over columbus!!!!!!!!

fuck yeaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we looked awesome!!!!

undefeated season here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what great defense, what great goaltending!!!!!!!!!!!!

everybody shouldnt even try, the cup is ours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yesssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Speaking of bragging about the pre-season...:sexywink:

We all know the Canucks are going to own the Blues this year -- again.

Back
Top Bottom