NHL: Lets make a deal - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2003, 09:56 PM   #256
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:36 PM
kariya is free to roam the earth

so who signs kariya? NYR?
his style definitely fits in better in the west.

Old 06-30-2003, 10:12 PM   #257
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Griffiths

4. Colorado - if they get Cujo or someone as good, they will continue to be a big time threat. Forsberg hasn't left. Sakic hasn't left. Hejduk hasn't left. Blake hasn't left. They are still a force.
And this is the last contract year for Blake, Sakic and Forsberg...who knows who might be playing their last season in Colorado?

The Avs play very well when it comes to emotional value like that...remember Bourque!

Old 06-30-2003, 10:28 PM   #258
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by kobayashi
kariya is free to roam the earth

so who signs kariya? NYR?
his style definitely fits in better in the west.
This is soooo awesome!!! Kariya is coming back home. He's alwasy wanted to play for the Vancouver Canucks, ever since he was a boy growing up! This is a dream come true.

The Canucks should just sign him already. Burke has an extra few million to play with since the dramatic payroll increase, as well as from the extra money made from the rise of the Canadian dollar. If they let Klatt, Baron (and now Letowski) go, they can afford Kariya!!!
Old 06-30-2003, 10:31 PM   #259
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by AvsGirl41

And this is the last contract year for Blake, Sakic and Forsberg...who knows who might be playing their last season in Colorado?

The Avs play very well when it comes to emotional value like that...remember Bourque!
Did they actually say they wouldn't continue after this contract? For the Avs sake, let's hope they do! Of course, the Canucks would fair better in the West if they didn't
Old 06-30-2003, 10:39 PM   #260
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:36 PM
The Bruins have re-signed PJ Stock to a 2 yr extension.

*sigh* I mean, I love Stock and all, but DUDE! O'Connell? Sinden? Jacobs? YOU NEED A GOALIE! The last decent goalie who played in Boston during his prime...I wasn't even alive then! I mean, I know Plante was there in the 70's, but he was like 50 or something. Cheevers, I guess. CHEEVERS! Did you hear that!? CHEEVERS!!! You have lost a GENERATION of fans, here, dammit!!! I disown you!

how about those calgary flames, eh?
Old 06-30-2003, 10:43 PM   #261
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Bbug - way too funny!

Cheevers was absolutely hilarious. Is Harry Sinden still the GM in Boston? That guy is the biggest loser, sorry to say. Boston has to get rid of him, if he's still there.
Old 06-30-2003, 11:42 PM   #262
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

sinden is still GM. why's he a loser tho?
andy moog played well the year he went up against ranford with the oilers in the final...im pretty sure that was moog
Old 07-01-2003, 12:35 AM   #263
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:36 PM
Quote:

Did they actually say they wouldn't continue after this contract? For the Avs sake, let's hope they do! Of course, the Canucks would fair better in the West if they didn't
Blake has made comments to the effect that he will retire when his contract is up--his back is in bad shape and he has Blueline making him money. But he's egotistical and has always struck me as the kind of player who won't know when to quit.

Sakic has made some vague comments, but I could see him signing another three-year contract as easily as I can see him leaving. I honestly thought Sakic, Blake and Roy would all retire together since they made a point of signing together.

Foppa is an odd duck. I don't know what's up with him...yes, I want to end my career in Sweden, no I never said that, yes I did I'm tired of the NHL, no, I love the NHL...and so on.

I don't care about Blake, but when Sakic and Forsberg go it will be the end of an era and probably the end of the Avs.
Old 07-01-2003, 01:51 AM   #264
Acrobat

kobayashi's right about Moog, he was good...though I honestly can't remember that Finals. Is that the one where the lights went out or something and game got all postponed? I think maybe God is punishing all of New England for dropping its r's and overfishing the lobster by orchestrating the constant and ridiculous defeat of the B's and the Red Sox. We'll all just have to enunciate and start farming lobsters...

Technically though Sinden's not GM anymore...he's like President or something. Although he is widely suspected of being the power behind the throne, or whatever it is that the Bruins' GM sits on. (My guess: Forby stool from Ikea. Now only $4.95!)

AvsGirl, Colorado fans demand success and the management is serious about wanting to win. You ain't got nuthin to do no worryin' about.

It's almost 2 am...
Old 07-01-2003, 02:17 AM   #265
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:36 PM
Quote:
Oh, and Detroit has exercised the option on Hasek's contract. This is the first step in signing him, as it prevents him from becoming an unrestricted free agent.
That means nothing. If you were a business person, you'd realize that it's much better to get compensated through trade than lose a player for free. A lot of teams did it last year, where the rights of a player were traded... so that in the event said player signs with another team, compensation is paid to the club. You might remember last year that Cujo was actually a memeber of the Calgary Flames for 4 hours. Oh what hope this city had.

It's gone now, just so you know.

PS- Bbug, that was funny. If you were trying to offend me it didn't work. I loathe the Flames.

As for Kariya... is he a Group 2, or Group 3 unrestricted? Because if he has a choice to go somewhere that makes all the difference.
Old 07-01-2003, 02:45 AM   #266
Acrobat

wha?? No, I just needed a random team to pick on. to cujo, innocent bystander.
Old 07-01-2003, 02:50 AM   #267
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:36 PM
Innocent.

Tee he he.

Old 07-01-2003, 01:10 PM   #268
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by cujo

As for Kariya... is he a Group 2, or Group 3 unrestricted? Because if he has a choice to go somewhere that makes all the difference.
He *was* a Group 2 free agent (meaning he was restricted)...but because Anaheim did not make him a qualifying offer he has now become an unrestricted free agent. Ah, the beauty of it all.
Old 07-01-2003, 01:36 PM   #269
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

various toronto media outlets already have jagr, federov and kariya either showing an interest in the leafs or the leafs showing an interest in them.

NYR is about to send lindros packing.
if someone wanted to spend the money this summer, they could build a great paper team. its not worth the risk however as these playoffs past proved.
Old 07-01-2003, 02:57 PM   #270
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Bbug
I think maybe God is punishing all of New England for dropping its r's and overfishing the lobster by orchestrating the constant and ridiculous defeat of the B's and the Red Sox. We'll all just have to enunciate and start farming lobsters...

Technically though Sinden's not GM anymore...he's like President or something. Although he is widely suspected of being the power behind the throne, or whatever it is that the Bruins' GM sits on. (My guess: Forby stool from Ikea. Now only $4.95!)
I agree with the R's!

And good selection with the Forby!!!!!