NHL 2005-2006, the year Canadians and all hockey fans try to make up for a lost year - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-20-2005, 06:24 PM   #1
Refugee
 
boosterjuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CANADA
Posts: 1,810
Local Time: 12:21 PM
Edmonton Oilers!!!

I know that there are Oiler fans out there. Show your faces!

Are you guys excited about our new team?

I'm convinced that our boys are going to do very well this year. The whole city of Edmonton (and much of central Alberta) expect them to. I believe that when people expect great things from you, you achieve great things. Let's hope that this proves true for the Oilers this season.

Much has been said of Pronger and Peca, but I think that this will be the breakout year for Hemsky! In the 03/04 season, I witnessed brief moments of incredible hockey from Hemsky. If he can get comfortable with the NHL's new rules and develop some confidence, he could score 30 goals this year. I know that might be a stretch, but remember; the new rules will allow for more scoring.

So which rookie will get a shot at a centre position, Schremp or Statsny? I think the Oilers would be dumb not to give Schremp a shot. There is going to be a boatload of powerplays, and Schremp, being a powerplay specialist, is going to help. Lowe wil put either Schremp or Statsny in for the first part of the season and if things aren't working out, he'll sign a big-name centre (Handzus & Zoltok have both been rumoured).

We only have a few weeks until the puck drops for the regular season. Needless to say, I'm pumped about my team.

GO OILERS!
__________________

__________________
boosterjuice is offline  
Old 09-20-2005, 08:22 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zoney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: six metro locations
Posts: 11,293
Local Time: 01:21 PM
Booster...Go start a NHL 2005 thread...we will have this merged into that one (it is better to have all convo in one spot)
__________________

__________________
zoney! is offline  
Old 09-20-2005, 08:35 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
angelordevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Inside a sound
Posts: 5,827
Local Time: 03:51 PM
Re: Edmonton Oilers!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by boosterjuice
I know that there are Oiler fans out there. Show your faces!

Are you guys excited about our new team?

I'm convinced that our boys are going to do very well this year. The whole city of Edmonton (and much of central Alberta) expect them to. I believe that when people expect great things from you, you achieve great things. Let's hope that this proves true for the Oilers this season.

Much has been said of Pronger and Peca, but I think that this will be the breakout year for Hemsky! In the 03/04 season, I witnessed brief moments of incredible hockey from Hemsky. If he can get comfortable with the NHL's new rules and develop some confidence, he could score 30 goals this year. I know that might be a stretch, but remember; the new rules will allow for more scoring.

So which rookie will get a shot at a centre position, Schremp or Statsny? I think the Oilers would be dumb not to give Schremp a shot. There is going to be a boatload of powerplays, and Schremp, being a powerplay specialist, is going to help. Lowe wil put either Schremp or Statsny in for the first part of the season and if things aren't working out, he'll sign a big-name centre (Handzus & Zoltok have both been rumoured).

We only have a few weeks until the puck drops for the regular season. Needless to say, I'm pumped about my team.

GO OILERS!
Statsny will be the one to watch, in my opinion. Edmonton will again have a fast team, as is their legacy...the big questions for them will goals against, and whether Pronger can stay injury-free.

On a side note, it's too bad Messier couldn't finish out his career in Edmonton....his retirement seems so anticlimactic after the lockout.
__________________
angelordevil is offline  
Old 09-21-2005, 11:27 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
kobayashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: the ether
Posts: 5,142
Local Time: 03:21 PM
NHL 2005-2006, the year Canadians and all hockey fans try to make up for a lost year

its back. finally.

it is cool to think of what astonishing things will be posted in this thread in the months to come.

enjoy!
__________________
im the candyman. and the candyman is back.
kobayashi is offline  
Old 09-22-2005, 12:53 PM   #5
Refugee
 
boosterjuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CANADA
Posts: 1,810
Local Time: 12:21 PM
I could have swore that I started this thread as an Oilers thread.
__________________
boosterjuice is offline  
Old 09-22-2005, 08:46 PM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zoney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: six metro locations
Posts: 11,293
Local Time: 01:21 PM
HA...good job booster!

Nice Thread!

I get to see NHL (preseason) in my crap ass town on Sunday....Pens vs. Caps. I am pretty damn excited. I got two seats in the corner about four rows up.
__________________
zoney! is offline  
Old 09-22-2005, 10:00 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
ladywithspinninghead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,634
Local Time: 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!
HA...good job booster!

Nice Thread!

I get to see NHL (preseason) in my crap ass town on Sunday....Pens vs. Caps. I am pretty damn excited. I got two seats in the corner about four rows up.
The Pens??? Oooh, Mario and Crosby...

Have fun and report back to us!!
__________________
ladywithspinninghead is offline  
Old 09-23-2005, 04:14 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
lmjhitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: tbtf
Posts: 4,317
Local Time: 01:21 PM
Re: Edmonton Oilers!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by boosterjuice
I know that there are Oiler fans out there. Show your faces!

GO OILERS!
oilers

:face:

__________________
lmjhitman is offline  
Old 09-23-2005, 09:54 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
kobayashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: the ether
Posts: 5,142
Local Time: 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by boosterjuice
I could have swore that I started this thread as an Oilers thread.
you did. but then it was swallowed by the myNHL behemoth.

this will be the thread for the season. when wade belak bags his 50th in february, this is where we will celebrate.
__________________
im the candyman. and the candyman is back.
kobayashi is offline  
Old 09-23-2005, 12:02 PM   #10
New Yorker
 
AvsGirl41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 2,948
Local Time: 12:21 PM
Farewell, Deadmarsh.

He was my favorite Avalanche before Skoula and it's sad to see him retire. He was a good, gritty player. It was the beginning of the end for the Avs when they traded him. (Though, given his injury, they probably would have been in the same predictament.)
__________________
AvsGirl41 is offline  
Old 09-24-2005, 01:48 PM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Zoomerang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: canada
Posts: 13,460
Local Time: 01:21 PM
haha, wade belak?

lots of players retired recently, including deadmarsh.

bure still hasn't. he said he'll make up his mind in october/november after checking with NA doctors once more on any progress being made to his right knee that has already had 7 ma7or surgeries...
__________________
Zoomerang96 is online now  
Old 09-24-2005, 07:23 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zonelistener's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: six convenient metro locations
Posts: 14,747
Local Time: 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead


The Pens??? Oooh, Mario and Crosby...

Have fun and report back to us!!

Will do. Getting excited!
__________________
zonelistener is offline  
Old 09-25-2005, 08:36 PM   #13
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zonelistener's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: six convenient metro locations
Posts: 14,747
Local Time: 02:21 PM
It SUCKED!

Pittsburg sent the IHL team (Scranton-Wilkes Barre) to play. Crosby wasn't there. Jagr wasn't there. Gonchar...NO ONE. I am a little pissed. BUT, it was good to see hockey.

Caps won 3-2.
__________________
zonelistener is offline  
Old 09-26-2005, 12:37 AM   #14
Refugee
 
boosterjuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CANADA
Posts: 1,810
Local Time: 12:21 PM
Sens seem to have a great team this year. I'll be expecting them finish first in the east. As for the playoffs???
__________________
boosterjuice is offline  
Old 09-26-2005, 01:20 AM   #15
The Fly
 
Bobo U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bronx,NY
Posts: 53
Local Time: 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener
It SUCKED!

Pittsburg sent the IHL team (Scranton-Wilkes Barre) to play. Crosby wasn't there. Jagr wasn't there. Gonchar...NO ONE. I am a little pissed. BUT, it was good to see hockey.

Caps won 3-2.
Jagr wasn't there because he is on my team,the NY Rangers....now after stating that.... it will be a long winter here for Ranger fans I predict. But it is good to have the NHL back.....
__________________

__________________
Bobo U2 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com