NHL 2005-2006, the year Canadians and all hockey fans try to make up for a lost year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you think , raycroft - jose trade , both goalies are in bad shape right now
+ give us Markov or Kovalev , pretty please :wink:

P.S.
Tim Thomas is the DUDE

:up: :up: :up:

haha, definitely not Markov!!

I can't believe the the Habs won 5-0 against Philly!

Watch out Boston, Atlanta and Toronto - when Montreal is on a roll, they are almost unbeatable! (thinking of the first month of the season)

Huet's doing an amazing job for a Frenchman! :wink:
(didn't know they played hockey in France!)

ladywithspinninghead said:

Watch out Boston, Atlanta and Toronto - when Montreal is on a roll, they are almost unbeatable! (thinking of the first month of the season)

How about that Ryder? HAT TRICK! :hyper: I wish he was on the Olympic team...we need Newfoundland representation!

Huet is playing great...they could trade Theodore and still survive nicely.

Anyone else notice how Vertigo was played after each goal?

angelordevil said:

Anyone else notice how Vertigo was played after each goal?

Was that your first time watching a Habs game? :wink:

(I ask that because they've played Vertigo after every Montreal goal since the very first game this season!)

Was that your first time watching a Habs game? :wink:

(I ask that because they've played Vertigo after every Montreal goal since the very first game this season!)

I didn't know that! I'm desperately ignorant at times ;) I've probably watched about 10 of their home games or so, but it's often with the volume turned down while I'm listening to music.

Most times, I watch the Leafs :uhoh:

habs like to dive too much , even south american football players will never top them , but they try......

:wink:

You can have Athrashers , but leafs will crush you anyways , and you better find a good coach , nother julien type

:hug: :applaud:

I predict after the season resumes:

DiPietro and Team USA come back with a silver, losing to Canada in the finals. But DP is gonna be psyched cause he did real well, Yashin is gonna get hot, Satan is gonna step it up and the Isles rally to make the playoffs where they get knocked out in the first round. Ottawa takes the Cup, beating the Rangers (maybe the Flyers) in 6.

I am watching the Swedes play the Russians in the Olympics today, and noticed Sundin without a visor. So he never decided to keep the thing despite almost losing his eyesight twice now. What an idiot!

just think , before you're saying something , visor is a matter of choice and taste , as my opinon , visors are ok , i heard that it's a vision thing , you can't see too well , they sweat , college masks are really pathetic IMO

WinnieThePoo said:
just think , before you're saying something , visor is a matter of choice and taste , as my opinon , visors are ok , i heard that it's a vision thing , you can't see too well , they sweat , college masks are really pathetic IMO

I have thought about what I'm saying, every player in the NHL today under the age of 30 and probably older has worn a visor or a cage until he entered the NHL. All of a sudden, upon being good enough to be drafted to the NHL wearing eye protection, they can't see?!? The players on Canada's Olympic team seem to see rather well wearing all their visors. Jagr, Sakic, LeCavalier, Iginla and the other top scorers in the league have no problem seeing with visors. They aren't perfect but they are better than nothing.

The NHL should grandfather in visors for the league and let anyone who chooses not to wear on, carry on as usual. You can't see to well without your eyes either so for a player to already have two close calls with losing his vision, and still not want to wear one, he is a bigger idiot than guys who just don't wear one. Those arguments about sweat and stuff are just excuses because it all comes down to the macho image, but that's fine, I shed no tears for players in the future who risk their vision by not wearing a visor, not my eyes.

Regardless, mandatory visors are coming one day in the near future and this whole discussion will be a moot point.

trevster2k said:

I have thought about what I'm saying, every player in the NHL today under the age of 30 and probably older has worn a visor or a cage until he entered the NHL. All of a sudden, upon being good enough to be drafted to the NHL wearing eye protection, they can't see?!? The players on Canada's Olympic team seem to see rather well wearing all their visors. Jagr, Sakic, LeCavalier, Iginla and the other top scorers in the league have no problem seeing with visors. They aren't perfect but they are better than nothing.

The NHL should grandfather in visors for the league and let anyone who chooses not to wear on, carry on as usual. You can't see to well without your eyes either so for a player to already have two close calls with losing his vision, and still not want to wear one, he is a bigger idiot than guys who just don't wear one. Those arguments about sweat and stuff are just excuses because it all comes down to the macho image, but that's fine, I shed no tears for players in the future who risk their vision by not wearing a visor, not my eyes.

Regardless, mandatory visors are coming one day in the near future and this whole discussion will be a moot point.

You're very passionate about sight, Trevster! :nerd:

trevster2k said:

what's next???
football uniforms ??
steel cages ???
bullet-proof glass and O2 ???

:wink:

it feels more like ballet or figure skating to me
it's sad that nhl officials agree with you
bottom line is , hockey is a tough bloody sport , take it or leave it

go play ping pong , golf and checkers

btw there is nothing wrong with those three

:dancing:

Well, there was a time in hockey when goalies wearing a face mask was a silly idea, helmets were regarded as being for pussies, and the thought of goalies dropping to the ice to make a save was taboo. Who thought they would finally allow shootouts in the regular season? The game continues to evolve in safety and in the style of play, a few years back after that young girl died from being hit by a puck, they instituted mandatory netting behind the ends of the ice despite some arguments that it was a freak accident and fans should pay attention to the game in case of an errant puck. The risk of injury to players appears to be increasing with better sticks resulting in harder shots and more and more players now block shots with their body which could result in more injuries like that recent bruised lung. Maybe some players will start wearing flak jackets to help block shots, I don't know, whatever they figure helps them block shots. When it comes down to it, safety has to be the most important factor in any occupation of which pro hockey is just one.:wave:

trevster2k said:
Well, there was a time in hockey when goalies wearing a face mask was a silly idea, helmets were regarded as being for pussies, and the thought of goalies dropping to the ice to make a save was taboo. Who thought they would finally allow shootouts in the regular season? The game continues to evolve in safety and in the style of play, a few years back after that young girl died from being hit by a puck, they instituted mandatory netting behind the ends of the ice despite some arguments that it was a freak accident and fans should pay attention to the game in case of an errant puck. The risk of injury to players appears to be increasing with better sticks resulting in harder shots and more and more players now block shots with their body which could result in more injuries like that recent bruised lung. Maybe some players will start wearing flak jackets to help block shots, I don't know, whatever they figure helps them block shots. When it comes down to it, safety has to be the most important factor in any occupation of which pro hockey is just one.:wave:

skeleton_men.jpg

"The competitors race down an ice track lying on their stomachs aboard a sled head first."

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! :happy:

UberBeaver said:
I predict after the season resumes:

DiPietro and Team USA come back with a silver, losing to Canada in the finals. But DP is gonna be psyched cause he did real well, Yashin is gonna get hot, Satan is gonna step it up and the Isles rally to make the playoffs where they get knocked out in the first round. Ottawa takes the Cup, beating the Rangers (maybe the Flyers) in 6.

Idiot.

i cheered for Slovaks , US CAN and RUS , why the hell Russians won over canada and lost to finland , now we have a classic scandinavian final , boring , boring , boring , plays fast cars*

Yup. It's getting pretty brutal. :sad: My best friend and I have had long and rant filled conversations about the games pretty much every single night lately. It's so frustrating. :mad: Hopefully our luck will change soon.

Canucks have improved their record against Edmonton. We've won the last two games against them - last night was won in a shootout. :applaud:

I'll be going to what will probably be my last game this season on Wednesday. We'll be playing Minnesota. Hopefully it will be a good one! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom