NHL 2005-2006, the year Canadians and all hockey fans try to make up for a lost year - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2005, 11:11 AM   #106
Refugee

Local Time: 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mucho traffico
maybe they can send peca to the leafs id like that!
who do you think the Leafs would give up for Peca?

Old 10-24-2005, 12:20 PM   #107
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:14 AM
you can have antropov & berg gladly

Old 10-25-2005, 04:40 PM   #108
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by boosterjuice
Just an update here:

I am getting ready to burn my Oilers jersey and piss on the ashes. After 5 straight losses, the Oilers continue to eat shit for breakfast.
I know what you mean. I've got Pronger in my hockey pool and don't know if I should dump him or include him in a trade. He's done nothing in nine games
Old 10-25-2005, 06:32 PM   #109
Refugee

Local Time: 08:14 AM
GO HABS GO!!!!
Old 10-25-2005, 08:13 PM   #110
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by kobayashi
is there anybody better than the maple leafs?

no, no there definitely isn't.

sundin/mccabe/belfour/allison/lindros/kaberle/o'neill/tucker/et al. comprise a team that is fun and entertaining to watch.
I'm sorry, but...

Old 10-25-2005, 11:16 PM   #111
I serve MacPhisto

Newsflash to leafs fans:

Kaberle sucks.

He's been on the team for what, 5 years now? His style of play hasn't changed.

When he gets the puck, he dumps it, passes it, or turns it over to an opposing player (usually the latter). The apocalypse will be upon us before the man shoots the puck, even if he had an empty net -- and even then, the should would probably be in the direction of oncoming doom, rather than the net, to try and persuade doom not to bodycheck him. He can't take a hit. He isn't even that good. He gets in the way of other Leafs players. I have yet to figure out why they haven't cut him. But, you know, other than that. No doubt there will be some sort of protest that he's a good player, but I've never seen him play anything better than sub-par. So, yeah.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:31 PM   #112
ONE
love, blood, life

Hell yes. HALTE LA! HALTE LA!
Old 10-26-2005, 12:51 AM   #113
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl

Nice pic.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:02 AM   #114
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Nice pic.
Everything about that picture is awesome. First, there is Mike Ribeiro (I have a love/hate relationship with that guy, but it's mostly hate) having his on-ice party. Then there's the ecstatic fans. Have a gander at the guy above the Cisco Systems sign! He just looks as though he's screaming "SACRE BLEU!" or something of the sorts. That guy is awesome. The guy to the left of him...either he's in calm meditation, thanking someone for that miraculous OT win, or he's a dejected Flyers fan. What a wonderful moment snapped on camera!

Pity Theo is playing like a pansy.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:06 PM   #115
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

Nice pic indeed!

The Habs are on a ROLL!!!

Now if only they can beat the Sens tomorrow night.....
Old 10-26-2005, 07:05 PM   #116
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead

Nice pic indeed!

The Habs are on a ROLL!!!

Now if only they can beat the Sens tomorrow night.....
I really dislike the Sens...I can't really explain it fully, but I think it has a lot to do with Daniel Alfredsson's annual whinings when they get the boot in the first or second round.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:27 PM   #117
War Child

Patrick Marleau you magnificant bastard.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:46 AM   #118
Refugee

Quote:

Everything about that picture is awesome. First, there is Mike Ribeiro (I have a love/hate relationship with that guy, but it's mostly hate) having his on-ice party. Then there's the ecstatic fans. Have a gander at the guy above the Cisco Systems sign! He just looks as though he's screaming "SACRE BLEU!" or something of the sorts. That guy is awesome. The guy to the left of him...either he's in calm meditation, thanking someone for that miraculous OT win, or he's a dejected Flyers fan. What a wonderful moment snapped on camera!

Pity Theo is playing like a pansy.

I'm jealous of the people in that picture. They are serious hockey fans who have put a lot of faith into their team. They are now reaping the rewards of team devotion. They have been with the team through hard times and now can see a sparkling light when looking into the future. Their confidence is high and their expectations great.

If one would take a picture after the Oilers scored a homegame goal, you would see something different on the faces of the fans. Their faces would be of sustained cheer. There would cautious optimism. After all, the opposing team could score 3 goals in the last 6minutes of the game. Whatever can go wrong will go wrong. If you think that there is no way hell that the Avalanche can score on a harmless looking centering attempt, think again because Radek Dvorak can help by putting it in his own net.

But not to fear. The day is coming where fans in Edmonton will able to display the blinding optimism currently being enjoyed by fans of the Canadians.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:52 PM   #119
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Nice observation about the Habs fans!

I heard something funny on TSN the other day - the broadcaster said one of the new guys on the team doesn`t feel like a true Canadien yet because the hometown crowd hasn`t booed him yet!
Old 10-27-2005, 05:13 PM   #120
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

I'm jealous of the people in that picture. They are serious hockey fans who have put a lot of faith into their team. They are now reaping the rewards of team devotion. They have been with the team through hard times and now can see a sparkling light when looking into the future. Their confidence is high and their expectations great.

If one would take a picture after the Oilers scored a homegame goal, you would see something different on the faces of the fans. Their faces would be of sustained cheer. There would cautious optimism. After all, the opposing team could score 3 goals in the last 6minutes of the game. Whatever can go wrong will go wrong. If you think that there is no way hell that the Avalanche can score on a harmless looking centering attempt, think again because Radek Dvorak can help by putting it in his own net.

But not to fear. The day is coming where fans in Edmonton will able to display the blinding optimism currently being enjoyed by fans of the Canadians.
Don't worry boosterjuice! I'm sure that day will come soon. For a while, as you said, it was disappointing to be a Canadiens fan. But now look at them - number four in the league and at the top of the Northeast division! (Yes, the new rules have helped a lot, but it was inevitable considering the fantastic impact Claude Julien made in the team last year.)

Give them some time to make the necessary adjustments to this new league, and Oilers fans will having something to cheer for as well, I'm certain.

Quote:
Originally posted by ladywiththespinninghead

I heard something funny on TSN the other day - the broadcaster said one of the new guys on the team doesn`t feel like a true Canadien yet because the hometown crowd hasn`t booed him yet!
Ahahaha! So true. Who was it, do you know?