NHL 2005-2006, the year Canadians and all hockey fans try to make up for a lost year - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2006, 11:12 AM   #376
War Child

Local Time: 04:12 AM
I stayed up until three am to watch the sharks lose.......grrrr.

Old 05-11-2006, 11:05 PM   #377
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheBrush
I stayed up until three am to watch the sharks lose.......grrrr.
Could be worse, you could have been up until 430 am like the folks in Newfoundland

Old 05-12-2006, 10:02 AM   #378
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:12 AM
I wonder if Ottawa will be able to stage a comeback. They need to not get overconfident. Who is the backup for Emery? Anyone know?
Old 05-12-2006, 02:04 PM   #379
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:12 AM
Anaheim
Old 05-13-2006, 12:24 AM   #380
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Sorry Brush, at least it was an early night this time.

Still a long way to go though. Go Oilers!!!
Old 05-13-2006, 12:53 PM   #381
War Child

Local Time: 04:12 AM
Yea, I dont know what happened last night. Two completely different games. First 30 minutes was all sharks, last 30 all Oilers.

Should be a good one on sunday.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:10 PM   #382
The Fly

Local Time: 08:12 AM
i wonder who's going to be the scapegoat for the sens this year.

even though the sabres/sens series was tight (1 goal wins for each game), ultimately someone's going to get the boot in ottawa. they consistently don't come through during the playoffs, no matter how well they perform during the regular season.

for the sabres it's a win-win situation at this point because no one even expected them to go that far. but they're also a younger, faster team that's more suited to the new nhl (whereas the leafs, for example, were suited to the old nhl).

although, considering that buffalo has had so many major sports losses, it would be amazing to see them finally take the cup that they were supposed to get in 1999! but i digress....
Old 05-14-2006, 12:17 AM   #383
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

The Sens don't have that intangible factor that separates the good teams from the great teams. Is it heart, sacrifice, determination, strong nerves, who knows? Whatever it is , they don't have it, neither do the Canucks or the Leafs. Some organizations can take a ragtag no-name team and still contend in the playoffs when on paper , they have no right being there. Kinda like Edmonton right now, with their "over the hill no-name goalie" but that organization knows how to achieve.

Going back to the nineties, teams like New Jersey, Detroit, Colorado, and Dallas would get tantalizing close to the Cup and then come back the next year and win it. Those teams may not have made the finals but they got knocked out in a tough series and learned from the experience. The Sens and Canucks haven't learned how to win the big games yet despite all the talent on the ice. The Leafs just have the ghost of Harold Ballard controlling the management of the team. Like I don't care how beloved Tie Domi is, my gawd, replace him with a real hockey player, sheesh. They decided not to dump players at the deadline because they had a "chance" to make the playoffs, foolishness. I empathize with the Sens and Canucks cause they are trying but Leaf management is just awful.

Of course, playoff hockey goes back to rule no one. The team with the hottest goalie wins, no matter how good you think you are.

End of hockey rant. Flame away hockey fans.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:28 PM   #384
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:12 AM
That was a heartbreaking goal last night. Breakaway and shorthanded. Sweet for Buffalo though.

Well hopefully Edmonton will be able to advance. If that's not the case I would like to see Carolina do well.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:56 PM   #385
Refugee

Local Time: 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bonnevoix02
i wonder who's going to be the scapegoat for the sens this year.

Alfredsson (sp) is goin o be the casualty I feel. He's been playing a bit indifferent, and Pominville clearly schooled him on that goal.

As a life long sabres fan...honestly it was one of the greatest things in the teams history...it really is something to take down the sens like that
Old 05-14-2006, 10:03 PM   #386
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

^yeah, wasn't that amazing, Alfredsson was a pylon. Hit em, slash em ,cross-check him, do something, nah, go ahead and deke out my goalie.

Drury's goal was also ridiculous too when he skated out from the boards untouched to be Emery with 3 Sens standing there.

New Jersey is out so my hopes for Brodeur to steal the series were dashed. They didn't play very well in front of him and Carolina had a great team strategy to stop the Devils. I think Carolina / Buffalo should be an outstanding series, well, I hope so.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:03 PM   #387
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k
^yeah, wasn't that amazing, Alfredsson was a pylon. Hit em, slash em ,cross-check him, do something, nah, go ahead and deke out my goalie.

His playoff (non) performances are one of the big reasons I dislike Alfredsson as a player. He completely shuts down, as if his mind is on berry-picking or the great fishing back in Sweden. If I were a Sens fan, I'd be demanding a trade...he's their Achilles heel.

GO EDMONTON!!!
Old 05-15-2006, 01:07 AM   #388
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Old 05-15-2006, 08:10 AM   #389
Refugee

Local Time: 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k

Drury's goal was also ridiculous too when he skated out from the boards untouched to be Emery with 3 Sens standing there.

New Jersey is out so my hopes for Brodeur to steal the series were dashed. They didn't play very well in front of him and Carolina had a great team strategy to stop the Devils. I think Carolina / Buffalo should be an outstanding series, well, I hope so.
Not just that Emery could have poke checked on the OT goal to prevent it....His lateral movement is suspect both the drury goal and the pominville goal were testaments to that
Old 05-15-2006, 03:29 PM   #390
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:12 AM
Still continuing to root for Edmonton!