NHL 2005-2006 Pt II: The Big Goodbye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
Talk amongst yourselves.

PS Funny we run out of space in the 06 thread with only one game remaining in the entire season, hehe.

We had some pretty loud Edmontonians over at our place on Saturday night to watch the game. :lol: Tonight is gonna be rocking!

Go Oilers!! Go Team Canada!!

Go try boys!!

I guess Carolina did have the ability to bounce back and want it more.

A nation is disappointed once again :(

Congratulations to the Carolina Hurricanes!!!!

Last edited:
:sad:

down-1.gif

Well, that was disappointing. :( Clearly Carolina was the better team tonight. Edmonton had a great run, and they should be proud of their effort.

Go Vancouver next year!! :wink:

This defeat is hard to swallow, like a little death--but Edmonton truly gave it their all. They really had me hooked on the best playoff hockey in years.

With some cocksure players and those annoying dancing girls in the stands, Carolina made a fabulous enemy. But, they also gave a great great effort through much adversity...congrats.

:sigh:

when carolina scored the empty-netter, the building shook from the people upstairs getting all pissed off.

i live in a pretty big building.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
The one complete hockey game I watch all season, and it's the very last one. Go figure.

I always love watching the presentation of the Cup. Always brings back memories of 1997, watching Stevie Y hold it up over his head for the very first time. That was sweet. :drool:

Congrats to the Hurricanes!

Regardless of anyone's opinion of hockey, the presentation of the Stanley Cup is the best trophy ceremony in pro sport. The image of players holding that silver chalice above their heads is bigger than life. Stanley is the best trophy by far, maybe not considered the most important but definitely the coolest.

:(

Well, we gave them a good go. I think alot of folks thought Carolina would be through with them alot earlier than this. We came back and gave 'em hell.

Cam Ward was amazing last night. When he's playing at 100% , then it's going to be really really difficult to try an d beat him. I wish Edmonton would've had the same energy all game as they had in the third period.

Congrats to the Canes, you were a worthy opponent and it was a great series.

I'm sad for the oilers, they played they're hearts out, and impressed me so much. Game 6 inspired me. The creativity was insane, and it seemed like they were in a full pond hockey session. I'm ready for the next season already. Whose with me!??

Go Habs Go! Bleu Blanc et Rouge

what a glorious day for the canucks.

not only did we get luongo, but the oilers are gonna lose pronger.

Wow - interesting shakeup for the Canucks! I think I kinda like it. I'm a bit incoherent at the moment, but it sounds very interesting. Bryan Allen, Todd Bertuzzi and Alex Auld to Florida in exchange for Roberto Luongo and I can't remember what round of pick at today's draft.

As much as I love Bertuzzi, it's probably a good thing that he's leaving Vancouver. I'm surprised, but this should be a good move.

It will be interesting to see what happens at the draft this afternoon. :up:

Oh well, Luongo was a great goalie, too bad he will die in the goaltender graveyard known as Vancouver. :(

Zoomerang96 said:
but the oilers are gonna lose pronger.
:angry:

seriously, that's a puck in the teeth to the heart of edmonton hockey - figuratively AND literally.

the sad thing is, we're used to it in edmonton. marquee players never stay here, it was foolish to think that the new CBA would prove otherwise.

hitman,

i know how much it sucks to lose great players... my favourite player of all time turned his back on the canucks. i had the entire season of 97/98 to prepare for his departure, everyone knew he was gonna force a trade that summer.

it sucks.

but so long as you know i meant from a vancouver standpoint, it's a VERY good thing that pronger is likely to be dealt since we won't have to face him 8 freaking times a year. :angry:

Zoomerang96 said:
hitman,

i know how much it sucks to lose great players... my favourite player of all time turned his back on the canucks. i had the entire season of 97/98 to prepare for his departure, everyone knew he was gonna force a trade that summer.

it sucks.

but so long as you know i meant from a vancouver standpoint, it's a VERY good thing that pronger is likely to be dealt since we won't have to face him 8 freaking times a year. :angry:

Bure, I'm guessing? He was an awesome talent in his prime. I remember one goal, during his rookie year, when he turned Paul Coffey inside-out by actually out-skating him. I'd never seen that before, up until that point.

Does it really look like Pronger is gone? That would be demoralizing for Edmonton, if he demanded a trade. Tough week.

Edmonton has a load of unrestricted and restricted free agents and now Pronger's request for a trade definitely puts the Oilers into a rebuilding phase. Fortunately, they made mucho money this season by reaching the finals so hopefully Kevin Lowe will spend wisely.

Maybe they can offer free gas bonuses :wink:

Back
Top Bottom