NHL 2005-2006 Pt II: The Big Goodbye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
trevster2k said:

Maybe they can offer free gas bonuses :wink:

Intravenous Tim Horton's on the bench!

For some reason, I think Dwayne Roloson will stay. Edmonton's been his only real high-calibre proving ground. I think it's going to difficult to keep some others, like Samsonov and Michael Peca.

Zoomerang96 said:
it sucks.

but so long as you know i meant from a vancouver standpoint, it's a VERY good thing that pronger is likely to be dealt since we won't have to face him 8 freaking times a year. :angry:
oh, i totally understand what you meant. my angry, thumbs-down smilies weren't for you. it's just like you said, it sucks. LOTS.

like trevster said, it's looking like a rebuilding year yet again in edmonton. the frustrating thing is that it feels like we've been rebuilding for 16 years, and now that we finally have a team that's a contender, it gets decimated by trades and free agency.

angelordevil, rumour is that roloson won't stay unless he gets a 4 year deal. he is 36 now and chances are, as great as roli is, that k-lo may not be willing to invest in a 40-year old goalie. peca and samsonov are as good as gone, their families are in buffalo and boston respectively, they're not coming back. i think the best that we can hope for is that they resign pisani, as he's a hometown boy and may make concessions to stay here.

also, from what i've read, the oilers organization made around $15 million over and above what was expected this season due to the playoff run. unfortunately, they were $30 million in the hole. the extra money is going to pay off some of that debt and to resigning our RFA's, hemsky, horcoff and stoll.

i'm trying to see if i can predict how the off-season is going to play out going by k-lo's draft picks today: 3 defencemen, 1 goalie and 1 forward.

:hmm:

I miss hockey :sad:

I stickhandled a hockey ball down the aisle of a store tonight...I pretended I was "testing" the stick. How sad is that?

I'm very happy for him, but disappointed for the game...It'll miss him. Yzerman on one good leg was better than half the league on two. He also had that certain quality about him, a mystique...Johnny Depp-like coolness. I was lucky enough to see him play in Detroit a few years ago when Sergei Fedorov was getting most of the press for his flashy style. In person, it's interesting to see a perspective of the NHL television somehow misses--especially the defensive play along the boards, and the players who really dig in the trenches to turn the puck over. Yzerman was that kind of player. While the camera always showed his knack for beautiful goals and assists, half of his game was played in the shadows...the place where games are really won.

Brilliant player, and seemingly great guy. :up:

:hyper: the new schedules are up,....i will probably will be able to see 6 dallas stars games,...

Habs play Leafs, Sens, and Flyers right in a row as games 2, 3 and 4. Shit I can't wait alreadyyyyyyyyyyyy :drool:

:drool: and six games it is,.....

rono_starspuck.gif

:reject:

I've got tickets to one game so far! :D

I was hoping to get tix for the game that's on my birthday, but we'll see. That's still several months away, and my hockey guy might be able to hook us up. It's a pretty sweet deal we've got with him.

I'm going to one regular season game against Boston in December, and I got a coupon for a free beer :drool: :drool: :drool:

Will spend money on playoff tix though if all goes well.

:lol:

I can't wait! The only game I have so far is in November, so I'll have to settle for watching the games on TV until then.

We lost our game last night. Not the greatest start to the season (even though the game doesn't count), but here's hoping that great things are yet to come.

Ever since the lockout I've been to like 3 games...I'd use to go to the Hawks games every day when they were playing...

Now they suck even more...

Can't they just win A game?

Colorado is my new favorite team:drool:

Back
Top Bottom